What bootlegs/fan edit are you most impatient to delete once the expansion is released?

King Mark

For me it's the damn Star Wars Prequels. I have a huge folder (copied to multiple hard drive) containing rips from various videogame scores, confusing spreadsheets telling me where the music goes, various fan edits most still containing jarring blu ray rips for the missing bits, and  my own edits in varying quality that never seem quite finished.

Can't wait for the proper release to put all those untidy  files in the recycle bin then wipe them permanently

Prequels

Sequels

Last Crusade

Non Williams

LOTR (This one I am mostly fine with, tho still bugged a bit by some still missing bits)

Hobbits

Dragon 2

For me, it would have to be Blade Runner; probably the most re-compiled, re-edited, remixed score in history, continuously circulated among so-called fans with an abundance of sound effects and pitch/speed issues.

Just release the entire damn score, Vangelis!

7 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

For me, it would have to be Blade Runner; probably the most re-compiled, re-edited, remixed score in history, continuously circulated among so-called fans with an abundance of sound effects and pitch/speed issues.

Just release the entire damn score, Vangelis!

Now, that's a good one. That 3-disc, set is a joke. The Polish boot is, probably, the best, and most consistent, BR CD I've heard.

Obviously, an expansion is of no interest to me. But I do have a number of bootlegs for completely unreleased scores (both on CD-R and in digital format) that I'm going to chuck out once a legit release comes out.

For JW, that would be stuff like THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS, ALCOA PREMIERE THEATRE, THE SECRET WAYS, THE KILLERS, KRAFT SUSPENSE THEATRE, THE SCREAMING WOMAN etc.

But a number of non-JW things too: SCARFACE, MISSING, BITTER MOON, THE BOUNTY, FREEWAY, LITTLE DEMONS/JIMMY CALLICUT, ROSWELL, BATMAN & ROBIN and more.

As of now, the only bootleg I'm keeping is the War Horse leak, because that has little chances in the near future. I deleted everything SW, Indy, Hobbit, all that. Only kept a couple of the OSTs that are not as terrible as the others. This way when they all finally get done properly and definitively, I'll have the added bonus of hearing them for the first time in maybe years, as opposed to still being very very familiar with all of it like HP1 when the set came out.

44 minutes ago, Holko said:

As of now, the only bootleg I'm keeping is the War Horse leak, because that has little chances in the near future. I deleted everything SW, Indy, Hobbit, all that. Only kept a couple of the OSTs that are not as terrible as the others. This way when they all finally get done properly and definitively, I'll have the added bonus of hearing them for the first time in maybe years, as opposed to still being very very familiar with all of it like HP1 when the set came out.

I'd never , ever delete anything until an expansion is out

3 hours ago, Thor said:

MISSING...THE BOUNTY...

Another two great Vangelis scores.

There is a rerecording of THE BOUNTY, but I've not heard it.

I've heard some cues from  MISSING, on YouTube. I always remember the very atmospheric opening titles (or at least, the first cue in the film).

12 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

There is a rerecording of THE BOUNTY, but I've not heard it.

I've heard some cues from  MISSING, on YouTube. I always remember the very atmospheric opening titles (or at least, the first cue in the film).

Yes, I have the BSX rerecording of THE BOUNTY. A for effort, but E for actual sound.

There are some fine cues in MISSING beyond the gorgeous main/love theme that is available on several compilations. Like the pulsating music for the curfew scene. Well worth having untill a proper album comes out.

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

For the record, I never delete any of my bootlegs (just in case), specifically if they are recording session leaks.

This, essentially. Even if the official release doesn't omit any music, there is bound to be some alternate/insert/mixing difference/clean opening/ending, or some other issue which makes me want to hang on to the sessions.

And like the post above mine, I have enough HDD space that I dont need to delete anything.

I've given away BTTF , BR, WOLFEN,  once official releases came out.

11 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Now, that's a good one. That 3-disc, set is a joke. The Polish boot is, probably, the best, and most consistent, BR CD I've heard.

No. My comp. Is the best!

You know, the one with " L.A. 2017".

😁

17 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

No. My comp. Is the best!

You know, the one with " L.A. 2017".

😁

It's STILL the BEZT!😁

The stuff that annoys me is the "messy bootlegs"  like War of the Worlds where I had 4 different downloads with various track names and some incomplete and all lossy in  various quality. 

-Kept :

HPSS

Schindler's

Hook

Laserdisk rip of E.T.

-Discarted:

WotW(except Pullback shot 2)

Minority Report

Far and Away

CoS

Black Sunday

Family Plot

Cowboys

-Wish List to Delete:

SW Prequel edits

Witches of Eastwick

Born on the Fourth of July

Last Crusade

-Could live with no expansion because boot is good enough

Crystal Skull 

War Horse 

Last Jedi Edit with Iso Score Rip

I'm not counting the releases that had FYC's with extra music likeTintin, Rise of Skywalker because it's only bonus tracks to the OST's

5 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I made a statement.

No point. Just observation.

My point is that the concept of downloading a bootleg (i.e not an official release) being considering stealing is too ambiguous. Whether you can "steal" something that is not being sold and has an infinite supply is subjective as it has no set value. I would argue that it is not stealing, but again that's just my opinion.

Just now, Manakin Skywalker said:

My point is that the concept of downloading a bootleg (i.e not an official release) being considering stealing is too ambiguous. Whether you can "steal" something that is not being sold and has an infinite supply is subjective. I would argue that it is not stealing, but again that's just my opinion.

My' point ' is you shouldn't complain about something you got for free😁

Oh, by the way....its stealing!

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

My' point ' is you shouldn't complain about something you got for free😁

Well we can agree on that. For the record I personally have never complained about a bootleg. I've wanted official expansions, but I'm fine with the crappy bootlegs until such a set comes along.

"Would you download a car?"

Hell yes I would!

I had a ' code' about boots.

I would never buy or sell one, only trade another soundtrack for it. When one becomes obsolete, I give it away.

This keeps it in the relatively 'pure'  realm of music appreciation and not commerce.

Downloads may be different but it still makes me a bit uneasy.

There was a leaked session FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE that recently surfaced online.

This is a GRAIL for Morricone fans but he stubbornly refused to allow an expanded release. So, I had no qualms about getting this. The music is FIFTY FIVE YEARS OLD and I want to hear it before I die.

I did keep my FIRST KNIGHT boot.

Since I bought the ost I didn't want to spend another thirty dollars for the two- disc expansion - which included the ost , unnecessarily on disc two.

Just now, Manakin Skywalker said:

Well obviously selling and buying a bootleg is stealing. That's a whole other can of worms, which no one should ever support.

Someone has made ALOT of money off BLADE RUNNER- if EBAY is any measure!