Lucasfilm doing a Willow Disney+ series COMING 2022

Faleel

I hope they base the series in the official sequel novels, as a refined outline, not a direct transcription, even if they detour a little from them. I mean..i know they want to impress the audience with plottwists...but lord of the rings and game of thrones already had the novels and they were still succcessfull.

I dont want another star wars post rotj reboot again.

And most important

..most people in the world dont even know a sequel trilogy of novels was written....

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Of the people working on this that I would pick to step away, it definitely would have been Kasdan. 

Kasdan? As in Lawrence Kasdan? Why? He's great!

Sorry to hear that Chu left. He seemed like a proper fanboy to get things right. Then again, so seemed Trevorrow for JURASSIC WORLD, but that was a miss. Would be great if Howard took the directing reigns himself, at least for the first couple of episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:33 AM, Thor said:

Would be great if Howard took the directing reigns himself, at least for the first couple of episodes.

I'd be surprised if Bryce didn't step in for an episode or two. She did a great job directing in Mando season 2 (miles better than her episode in season 1, I thought).

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

If the "wanna breed" guy isn't in it, no sale. They'll obviously have to recast this crucial role.

If you're referring to the absence of Marcia Lucas then you might see more about her in his upcoming Howard Kazanijan book. 

Karol

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

Is there any rumor or theory as to who will score this?

I don't think so. As I've no doubt said earlier in the thread, I fear a) Simon Franglen, a rather soulless composer who seems to get Horner-related projects now that his mentor is gone, and b) any of the three major "emperor's new clothes" composers out there, i.e. Göransson, Desplat and Giacchino.

Beyond that, I'm open to pretty much anyone.

Please not Göransson, I'm sick of his scores. I know that many here like his work on The Mandalorian but apart from the theme I find it was not really better than any average RCP score if not worst.

Plus I'm not sure that his "electronic" style will suit the universe of Willow, like it didn't already suite the SW one

John Debney may do a decent work on the score, he is great when he is not attached to silly comedies.

And Christopher Young should have done a fantasy movie/TV show long ago. Please, Lucasfilm, take him out of the low budget horror movies!

All interesting options! I can’t really see Giacchino having time for it though, and somehow I have a feeling Desplat isn’t enthusiastic to work on another Disney franchise... Britell could be cool, I’ll throw Daniel Pemberton’s hat into the ring because I love his music and he composed the Dark Crystal show recently.

• 3 months later...

I haven't been following the news about this project, and I haven't seen the film in 30 years (I used to have it on VHS), but has there been any murmurs about Val Kilmer returning? (if his character dies in the movie, I'm sorry, I can't remember).

21 minutes ago, Thor said:

I haven't been following the news about this project, and I haven't seen the film in 30 years (I used to have it on VHS), but has there been any murmurs about Val Kilmer returning? (if his character dies in the movie, I'm sorry, I can't remember).

Kilmer's vocal cords are permanently damaged after a serious battle with throat cancer sadly.  He is in the new Top Gun movie that hasn't come out yet, although I'm guessing not a large role and the producers are actually re-creating Kilmer's voice in a computer using artificial intelligence or something.  I'm guessing he won't be in the new Willow series, but I guess you never know, maybe a small cameo.  I doubt Disney would be willing to pay to do that computer voice recreation just for a miniseries though.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Warwick Davis a charming host as always

Having just chugged through the other preview stuff on Disney+ Day (apparently it’s a thing) which is all platitudinous fluff and fake spontaneity, this one is charmingly low rent and self effacing. But the main  thing nobody mentioned… it featured James Horner’s main theme. Warm glow in my lower intestine*

*see Matilda stage show by Tim Minchin for this reference.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Kilmer's vocal cords are permanently damaged after a serious battle with throat cancer sadly.  He is in the new Top Gun movie that hasn't come out yet, although I'm guessing not a large role and the producers are actually re-creating Kilmer's voice in a computer using artificial intelligence or something.  I'm guessing he won't be in the new Willow series, but I guess you never know, maybe a small cameo.  I doubt Disney would be willing to pay to do that computer voice recreation just for a miniseries though.

TBF They did something similar for Luke in Mandalorian IIRC.

I’ll say it again, they should adapt the sequel books. What if people already know the story (i dont think it would be many people, though), they did lord of the rings didnt they? And it was a success regardless.

they should not make the same error as in the sequel trilogy, and i hope willow doesnt die…

and they can adapt the story it doesnt have to be page by page copy. Just follow the main plotpoints and same characters.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...