Lucasfilm doing a Willow Disney+ series COMING 2022

Faleel

28 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Wow, glad I tapped out after the third

And I after the first!

Tried listening to the album, and it's a lacklustre as I remembered in the first episode. I'd rather listen to JNH's far superior MALEFICENT instead if I want some of his recent fantasy stylings (also an uneven score, btw, but the best parts of it are up there). Perhaps it's possible to create a decent 30-ish-minute playlist out of it; I'll see if I find the stamina at some point.

Episode 6 was much better than last weeks. Story was more interesting and it felt a bit like a mix between The Temple Of Doom & The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. The trolls had great make-up (although not sure about them being funny).

The thing that is indeed still annoying is the more modern dialogue and music at the end.

The rest of the music was very good. I really like the vocal grunting for the trolls. And there was some nice adventure, action & mystery scoring.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I felt episodes 1 & 2 were very good.

3, 4 & 5 weren't that great.

But I feel that 6 & 7 are the best of the series. And I hope they can finish strong next week.

I suspect I'll end up finishing it someday.  Regardless, I hope it's been a hit; I'll never not have an affection for the movie, and this sequel can only have helped it carry over into a new generation.

Last episode was enjoyable. Far from one of the best series of the year, but I enjoyed it.

At the end, you see the book, that opens every episode, being closed and put on a shelf. On the side it says Volume I and Volume II & III are beside it. I guess this means they're planning on making more. It would make sense because the series ended completely open

I hope Disney sells it off to another company that actually cares about this property, and that company does a direct sequel to the original film that ignores this shitshow of a series. I don't even mind if they recast all the original characters. Just make a worthy sequel.

I can dream.

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2023 at 1:53 PM, JTWfan77 said:

I hope Disney sells it off to another company that actually cares about this property, and that company does a direct sequel to the original film that ignores this shitshow of a series. I don't even mind if they recast all the original characters. Just make a worthy sequel.

I can dream.

One thing Disney never does is give up an IP. Willow will go in the vault for another 30 years. And by that time everyone who has any degree of nostalgia for the original will be dead.

The same type of people who decided Dark Crystal should have been one too.

I'll admit, Dark Crystal the TV show being the most boring thing I've ever watched after the effects of the visuals wore off was the reason why I wasn't in the mood for a modern contribution to the Willow universe.

Not surprising. The direction they went was imo completely misguided.

i feel sad for warwick davies, he was probably waiting his whole life for this, and they didnt do justice to the IP.

a still think that a simplified version of the lucas-claremont novels would have had more impact. And a little more serious tone.

disney had some luck with the sequels, but they made similar mistakes so they could have bombed too and now star wars would be a dead franchise. So i hope they treat it with more respect.

i fear for indy after the fifth movie.

i hope they dont hire kasdan for indy ever… his father did the awful indy iv unused script. We lost star wars films due to Solo and now willow is ruined….i hope they notice the trend…

19 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Not surprising. The direction they went was imo completely misguided.

i fear for indy after the fifth movie.

i hope they dont hire kasdan for indy ever… his father did the awful indy iv unused script. We lost star wars films due to Solo and now willow is ruined….i hope they notice the trend…

All of this.

These IPs used to be about entertainment not heavy handed agendas.

1 hour ago, SilverTrumpet said:

The same type of people who decided Dark Crystal should have been one too.

I'll admit, Dark Crystal the TV show being the most boring thing I've ever watched after the effects of the visuals wore off was the reason why I wasn't in the mood for a modern contribution to the Willow universe.

Huh, I thought the Dark Crystal show was fantastic. I was really disappointed that it didn't get renewed for a second season.

4 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Huh, I thought the Dark Crystal show was fantastic. I was really disappointed that it didn't get renewed for a second season.

Ditto, especially as it was left somewhat unresolved. I thought it was much better than the movie, with the Gelflings much more effectively realised, the ones in the movie being twee and kinda wet. Of course, the  music wasn't a patch on Trevor Jones' classic score, but it had its moments. Not yet seen the Willow TV show but can't say I feel a rush to see it... apparently I wasn't the only one to feel that way!

49 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

45 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Ditto, especially as it was left somewhat unresolved. I thought it was much better than the movie, with the Gelflings much more effectively realised, the ones in the movie being twee and kinda wet. Of course, the  music wasn't a patch on Trevor Jones' classic score, but it had its moments. Not yet seen the Willow TV show but can't say I feel a rush to see it... apparently I wasn't the only one to feel that way!

I'm not surprised or would I call you guys crazy for it. It just bored me to absolute tears. It just felt super overly dramatic with no hint of magic which I liked about the original. Felt like a lot of modern versions of classic movies or stories in that regard. 

5 hours ago, TolkienSS said:

I wonder who decided Willow was some sort of franchise in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that was George Lucas and Ron Howard back when they made the first film, which was always intended to have sequels showing Elora Danan becoming the savior she was supposed to be. It's pretty clear that it was set up for more, even if the movie works well enough on its own. Kinda like Star Wars, in that way. And like Star Wars (though it took much longer), my impression is that the sequel went in a different direction than they were originally thinking about doing when the first film was made.

3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

These IPs used to be about entertainment not heavy handed agendas.

Here we go again.

83bd0cde12473086f27a08eac618cbf1.gif&f=1

Yavar

Personally, I think the reboot was completely fine EXCEPT for the anachronistic music choices, which I was willing to give a chance but in the end it just didn’t work.  I think the first movie was also just okay, so it’s not like this ruined anything for me.

Well fine… but they rather listen to the fanbase and tone down the anachronisms and humourless humour….

heck reading it it almost looks as if kasdan read my comment a few posts ago

9 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Uuh. What?

It sounds like someone at Deadline saw that all the contracts got released and assumed that meant the show got cancelled when it only got sidelined

• 6 months later...