Lucasfilm doing a Willow Disney+ series COMING 2022

I hope they base the series in the official sequel novels, as a refined outline, not a direct transcription, even if they detour a little from them. I mean..i know they want to impress the audience with plottwists...but lord of the rings and game of thrones already had the novels and they were still succcessfull.

I dont want another star wars post rotj reboot again.

And most important

..most people in the world dont even know a sequel trilogy of novels was written....

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Of the people working on this that I would pick to step away, it definitely would have been Kasdan. 

Kasdan? As in Lawrence Kasdan? Why? He's great!

Sorry to hear that Chu left. He seemed like a proper fanboy to get things right. Then again, so seemed Trevorrow for JURASSIC WORLD, but that was a miss. Would be great if Howard took the directing reigns himself, at least for the first couple of episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:33 AM, Thor said:

Would be great if Howard took the directing reigns himself, at least for the first couple of episodes.

I'd be surprised if Bryce didn't step in for an episode or two. She did a great job directing in Mando season 2 (miles better than her episode in season 1, I thought).

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

If the "wanna breed" guy isn't in it, no sale. They'll obviously have to recast this crucial role.

If you're referring to the absence of Marcia Lucas then you might see more about her in his upcoming Howard Kazanijan book. 

Karol

19 minutes ago, crocodile said:

If you're referring to the absence of Marcia Lucas then you might see more about her in his upcoming Howard Kazanijan book. 

Karol

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

Is there any rumor or theory as to who will score this?

I don't think so. As I've no doubt said earlier in the thread, I fear a) Simon Franglen, a rather soulless composer who seems to get Horner-related projects now that his mentor is gone, and b) any of the three major "emperor's new clothes" composers out there, i.e. Göransson, Desplat and Giacchino.

Beyond that, I'm open to pretty much anyone.

Please not Göransson, I'm sick of his scores. I know that many here like his work on The Mandalorian but apart from the theme I find it was not really better than any average RCP score if not worst.

Plus I'm not sure that his "electronic" style will suit the universe of Willow, like it didn't already suite the SW one

John Debney may do a decent work on the score, he is great when he is not attached to silly comedies.

And Christopher Young should have done a fantasy movie/TV show long ago. Please, Lucasfilm, take him out of the low budget horror movies!

All interesting options! I can’t really see Giacchino having time for it though, and somehow I have a feeling Desplat isn’t enthusiastic to work on another Disney franchise... Britell could be cool, I’ll throw Daniel Pemberton’s hat into the ring because I love his music and he composed the Dark Crystal show recently.

Samuel Sim who co-composed The Dark Crystal with him would also be a great pick…

Here’s my favorite Samuel Sim score though, if anyone is unfamiliar…so good:

Yavar

• 1 month later...

Rare to see Howard taking so many gigs in the fantasy genre back-to-back. Couldn't be happier about this!

A good thing about having Howard on board is that even if the studio were to phone it in every other department, it is almost guaranteed that Howard is still going to deliver great music. All I hope now is for Howard to score this in its entirety all by himself, and that he gets the budget to go full orchestral/choral.

...And someone please do keep watch on whoever is going to mix this in the end, and make sure the choir is not dialed all the way back to the point it is barely audible - like they did with all Hunger Games films (except Catching Fire)

On a different note, I am so going to give Horner's CD a spin this weekend. It's been a while!

Since this will be a series (or, rather, a minisseries) I hope we get one album of score per episode, like in Mandalorian or the Marvel shows.

Has Howard done a series before? Wasn’t he involved in the Netflix Lemony Snicket series? Or was that just the title cue he wrote?

Hope we get some nods to Horner’s score where appropriate. Hopefully they don’t play the “this is a new story with NEW characters so we wanted to start fresh musically” card 😬 But Howard being involved already elevates this series music above other big budget TV series scores.

3 minutes ago, WampaRat said:

Has Howard done a series before? Wasn’t he involved in the Netflix Lemony Snicket series? Or was that just the title cue he wrote?

He scored the first season with Chris Bacon and another guy, then seasons 2 and 3 didn't have his involvement 

JNH's music for Lemony Snicket has never been released, has it? I don't want to watch the show just to hear the music.

30 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

JNH's music for Lemony Snicket has never been released, has it? I don't want to watch the show just to hear the music.

Nothing really stood out. Not to sound too harsh, but it could have just been stock children’s mystery/spooky/elfman-esque music :/