Black Friday 2020 - What do you believe in?

bollemanneke

I don't know and I don't care. I'm more than satisfied with what I've gotten earlier in the year. I do hope for Hook and another James Bond expansion next year though.

What about Catch Me If You Can, has this been discussed before? In general, not just for this Black Friday...

Also I'm still hoping for a Stone Trilogy... :lovethis:

Speaking of, what about JFK? Sorry, haven't followed those discussions very closely.

Jeez guys no politics I don't know how many times I have to ask, and leave all the coronavirus and vaccine talk for the thread about that.  Let people speculate about LLL Black Friday in peace!

In that case, the pandemic is relevant to the discussion, since it might (or might not) affect the LLL releases this year. 

And please, point me where I said anything about politics in my previous post. 

Honestly I hope there won't be any titles that I'm interested in. I'm still trying to catch up on things released over the past 12 months that I've been unable to acquire due to various issues relating to the year known as 2020. The hammering our currency has taken this year is a further constraint.

The OSTS for HP 1,2,3,4, and 5 were released by Warner Brother Records, a completely separate entity from Warner Brothers, the motion picture studio

Warner Brothers eventually launched their own label that they own, Water Tower Records, and the OSTs for 6,7,8 came out on that label

So a specialty label can be a third party licensing OST music and the mechanical rights to release an album from WB Records, and the music that wasn't on the OST from WB Pictures, for 1-5.  But for 6-8 WB Pictures already owns everything themselves.  There's nothing saying they COULDN'T let LLL do their own album of music they own, but it's never happened before.  This is basically the exact same situation as Disney owning all the rights for the Star wars scores themselves.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I was obviously referring to Wojo and Jurassic Shark's posts, not your post

Well, excuse me, vaccines aren't usually labelled as politics over here. It's science.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

And please, point me where I said anything about politics in my previous post. 

Just stop it. Geez!

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

There's nothing saying they COULDN'T let LLL do their own album of music they own, but it's never happened before. 

What about North by Northwest?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

What does North By Northwest have to do with Water Tower Records?

Don't know for sure, but Water Tower has released a few of the old Rhino expansions digitally, including North by Northwest. Not sure if that's relevant.

11 hours ago, Edmilson said:

And come on, guys, even if we get just smaller scores, this has been an excellent year for expansions - look at all we got this year!

In my eyes, Solo is effectively the marquee expanded release to close the year. If that were an LLL BF title, people would be ecstatic! It's just coming from Disney instead... :P

Plus WOTW obviously, which appears to be an excellent release (yet to receive my copy).

Hopefully all these COVID delays just mean an even more exciting, release-filled 2021 instead.

My only question: Will there be any John Williams release in this batch? 

Of course Id love to see a proper Matessino'ed version of HOOK in this batch in full regal packaging but that would be too fantastic a title for this batch... 

I was thinking about the batch.

MV said no Golden age, no Star Trek, no Quinn Martin, and that TV scores were coming in 2021.

So I'd expect all film scores, no TV scores (and probably no video game scores either?), all from the 70s, 80s, 90s, or early 00s.

Maybe a Goldsmith from that era that isn't under Varese control?  Maybe a somewhat obscure Horner?  They released Jade on a Black Friday once.

Maybe they finally got Kamen's X-Men finished?  Maybe another Mark Mancina score, like Assassins or Fair Game?

Of course I'd love nothing more than David Arnold's Tomorrow Never Dies, but last we heard they couldn't work on it until after No Time To Die was out

What's the logic behind that, though? I mean, why can't someone approve TND while working on the new movie? It's not like global audiences will go crazy over an LLL title and ignore the new movie.

It seems there will be No John Williams in this batch either. I think it will be first time in 4 or 5 years the excellent running streak would be broken. 

• 3 weeks later...