Fabulin

I dunno, the transition isn't very good and Falling Car works a lot better in the middle carrying already built up tension that establishing it.

Azkaban has a ton of film microedits and even tracking that are done very very well and unnoticeably if you don't know the original cues.

"The Desert and the Robot Auction" and "The Rescue Of The Princess" are nice too

2 minutes ago, publicist said:

T-Rex Rescue & Finale (JP)

That isn't an edit, that's just 2 cues in the same track that are already right next to each other in the film too (and nothing is edited out of either)

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

That isn't an edit, that's just 2 cues in the same track that are already right next to each other in the film too (and nothing is edited out of either)

I don't think that's true, one part happens in the shed, the other comes in much later after the kitchen scene. Though maybe Spielberg just tracked the shed part, no idea.

Yea the music Williams wrote for the shed scene is in the track called "Hungry Raptor", but Spielberg rejected part of it and tracked in music from "T-Rex Rescue & Finale" intead. 

The entirety all the music in the "T-Rex Rescue and Finale" track plays at the end of the film where it was intended

See for yourself (play button should take you right to timestamp 2:28 in the video, which is where the OST track starts):

Continues here starting 2:37

1 minute ago, Jay said:

The entirety all the music in the "T-Rex Rescue and Finale" plays at the end of the film where it was intended

Except the part where they track a Park statement in.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea the music Williams wrote for the shed scene is in the track called "Hungry Raptor", but Spielberg rejected part of it and tracked in music from "T-Rex Rescue & Finale" intead. 

That explains it. I clearly remembered that march beat in the Laura Dern sequence.

1 minute ago, publicist said:

That explains it. I clearly remembered that march beat in the Laura Dern sequence.

Yep!

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:
  • No Man's Land (from War Horse)

Oooh that's a good one too

2 minutes ago, Albus Percival Wulfric said:

What release and what track name is that in?

Here it is:

This is how Williams presented the music in the OST 2LP that came out in 1980

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oooh that's a good one too

Definitely! In my opinion, War Horse is one of the best album presentations Williams has created.

“The Bombing Run” from The Force Awakens is seamless enough that I never suspected the first nine seconds are actually tracked from a different cue, and a fairly lengthy section in the middle (which would have covered the deleted Kylo in the Falcon scene) was removed.

In fact, I think the cue is actually more effective with the edit. If you watch the deleted scene, you can actually here the intended transition back into the fast music. I don’t think the music would have nearly the same feeling of forward momentum with that interruption in the middle:

1 hour ago, Holko said:

Hagrid the Professor! I love that the LLL kinda sneakily keeps it.

Yessssss. I can appreciate a good album edit, but it's rare that I actually find the intended film sequencing hard to listen to because the album version is just that much better. This is one such case.

Yes to "Secrets of the Castle" too, @Chewy.

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

What makes that a better ending than the ending as recorded?

It just works well as an edited ending and isn’t jarring like some others.

It also has more closure.

Heh I remember watching the film and noticing music that wasn't in the LP version and being like wait, why was that cut?

I always liked the two island prologues as presented on both first two JP albums.

Love Pledge and The Arena is a great track as assembled for the OST. 

Escape from the City is good. As is the album version of Red Planet.

The attack on Jakku village is a nice concise track. And how Williams removes the X-Wing charge from The Ways of the Force is well done too (given that we already have the concert version). I'd say the whole album is well put together like this.

Karol

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody Runs!

Escape from the Basket

The Compys Dine

Incident at Isla Nublar

Eye to Eye

Secrets of the Castle

The Confrontation with Ogilvy

Hatching Baby Raptor

You Are the Pan!

Daryl Rejected

The Bat Attack

There are so many edits that I've never got to know, either because my first CD of the score was the expansion or because there is just the OST and no expansion yet to make me aware of the edits.

On 11/9/2020 at 7:53 PM, Jay said:

Incident At Isla Nublar is probably the best one

I hadn't read this thread before and just came here to say that.

54 minutes ago, Thor said:

All of them.

emperor-palpatine-943650.jpg

I may have misunderstood the idea. But I've always preferred the more tightly edited Helicopter Sequence from Superman in the film. 

If you meant the other direction, then the Main Title of Star Wars is one of the greatest edits of all time. (In idea if not execution.) 

The original poster seemed to be asking our favourite FILM edits of music (=edits made by the filmmakers to fit the final cut of the film), not the album edits created by Williams to present a better listening experience. But everyone seems to be talking about the album edits instead. 

56 minutes ago, oierem said:

The original poster seemed to be asking our favourite FILM edits of music (=edits made by the filmmakers to fit the final cut of the film), not the album edits created by Williams to present a better listening experience. But everyone seems to be talking about the album edits instead. 

Oh good. I thought it was about film edits.