A SW Soundtrack Question

I want to get the Star Wars and ROTJ 2-CD sets, but at Amazon, they have 2 versions. One is the slimline, which is cheaper, and the other is the regular soundtrack which is about 10 dollars more. Is slimline the packaging where there is an outer cover and the booklet comes out with a hardcover? Or is that something else? I have the slide out hardcover booklet version of Empire, and I love it and want to get that version for the other two. Which do I get? The regular soundtrack is more expensive, so I think it may be that one since I always saw the Empire soundtrack I bought more expensive than the Jewel case release. But I'm not sure.

Can anyone help? Thanx.

Oh, one other reason I don't want the jewel case release is that the booklets inside all the copies I've seen look creased and in bad condition.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The other version of Return of The Jedi is either the 40 minute out of print Polydor Release(don't waste money on that.),or the Booklet Version where there are slipcases to put the c.d's

if i were to buy them over again,I'd get the slimline ones,since you can change the jewel case if it's damaged.I do not like those new carthboard packages recent Williams expanded releases come into.Besides,in the booklet version,it's a sure bet you'll scratch the c.d's whan putting them out and back in the slipcases,so you have to store them elsewhere.

K.M.

Copy the CDs and use the CD-Rs. :mrgreen: That's what I did with all my CDs. I just keep them in a CD wallet (three CD wallets...) and leave the CDs in the case.

I like the booklet cases. It's much easier to avoid losing the information pages becuase they are attached to the case. With the jewel cases you always run the risk of putting down the insert somewhere and not remembering where you put it.

Copy the CDs and use the CD-Rs. :( That's what I did with all my CDs. I just keep them in a CD wallet (three CD wallets...) and leave the CDs in the case.

That's exactly what I did. In fact my CD-R's are even better because they have CD Text encoding on them so I can see what track is playing without the booklet!

Neil