La-La Land Records Black Friday 2020

EhTar

3 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Thanks for the Eno list.

I only have APOLLO and Prophecy ( taped off the lo!).

Most of the films are not familiar.

Looking forward!

It's a nice compilation. I would've loved a couple more cues from certain things, but no matter. Most of the films were unfamiliar to me too.

I seriously doubt they would do that.  By doing so it would diminish the BF releases that are coming out, you know?  That’d be like LLL saying “We wanted to release release ABC last year for BF, but had to settle for release XYZ instead.”

17 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I can understand MV's tone - my comment wrongly implies that some of their earlier BF releases weren't major projects. My use of 'really high profile' meant something very different in my head as I wrote it.

The point I was trying (and failed) to make was that with the BF batches already containing major releases, there was a point where they were routinely containing releases that caused earthquakes on this forum (such as Jurassic, Titanic, Potter to name just a few) as we never thought the studios would allow speciality labels to do them.

You didn't fail to make that point and I totally agree with you too. I would have been excited about Home Alone 2 had I known the score in 2012, but that was not to be. My first BF was 2015 and Braveheart came as a very nice surprise. Couldn't get that excited about JP, but really liked ET, loved Titanic and, well, Potter was of course on enitrely another level. 2019 was not for me.

12 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

You didn't fail to make that point and I totally agree with you too. I would have been excited about Home Alone 2 had I known the score in 2012, but that was not to be. My first BF was 2015 and Braveheart came as a very nice surprise. Couldn't get that excited about JP, but really liked ET, loved Titanic and, well, Potter was of course on enitrely another level. 2019 was not for me.

I get that, and my original comment stands; I just used the wrong term to make it in my posting rush.

I don't remember when my first BF was, but Braveheart was the first one where I went 'oh, wow, wasn't expecting that!', and Jurassic was the start of repeated 'Oh. My. God.' reactions in the morning.

Just pretend I said that to start with...

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I think it will be obvious which 2021 titles are "incredible" 2020 titles that got delayed 

Right.

Last year it was THIN RED LINE.

Our great disappointment wasn't cured till January😁

2 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I understand you're rightfully proud of the work your company has done, but why did you think it was necessary or appropriate to respond to his comment in such a disproportionately extreme way? 

Salesmanship?

Customer relations?

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

19 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Well, MV is known for his shrewd sense of humour, such as releasing a gazillion Blake Neely scores....

....not to mention three CDs of WYATT EARP!;)

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Frankly, if a specialty label owner can’t follow the rules of the forum and basic rules of decency then I’d rather them not post if it’s all the same.  I don’t mean to be flippant but someone in that position should be able to be more professionalism in an environment like this.

Compared to the a-holed at Kritzerland and BSX, MV is a ' Southern Gentlemen'.

😊

11 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Is this sale on right now and how long does it last?

" Its over Johnny, it's over!"

This line of comments is positively ' Pythonesque'.

😎

31 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Make that 3 CDs of Wyatt Earp without gorgeous source music.

How much source does the film have?

It was years ago that I saw it (nice film; liked it better than Tombstone), but I don't really remember any music other than the score.

42 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Is there any evidence of a potential Dune expansion, or is that just a random theory at this point?

Also, please Orville S2! :rock: Even though I'm broke atm on account of Solo and Mando.

It's just my random guess. Because it is long overdue and because it could be timely with the release of the new Dune movie (dealyed in the meanwhile)

I hereby declare LLL's releases from 2015-2019 completely worthless because they didn't release The Complete Hobbit Recordings. 

That was a joke btw. Just making sure. 

Reminds me of the time at FSM when MV went off at some poor guy who made a comment about LLL's prior Poseidon Adventure release having a "bootleggy" looking cover...

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Reminds me of the time at FSM when MV went off at some poor guy who made a comment about LLL's prior Poseidon Adventure release having a "bootleggy" looking cover...

I think that was Kritzerland going after one of our own Jerry Drax on his similar comment about the POLTERGEIST II release... 

Jerry lived to tell the story..