La-La Land Records Black Friday 2020

EhTar

2 hours ago, Amer said:

I think that was Kritzerland going after one of our own Jerry Drax on his similar comment about the POLTERGEIST II release... 

Jerry lived to tell the story.. 

Yeah. The head of that label makes me look like a Tibetan monk!

Has Penna stopped apologizing yet?

.😝

11 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

How dares he refer to the FSM artwork as truly dreadful! This is a fantastic cover with an amazing image.

No, it's:

How DARES he refer to the FSM artwork as truly dreadful! This is a fantastic cover with an amazing image.

38 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Sorry, I haven't followed this whole thread.

Do we have reason to believe that John Williams may be coming this Black Friday?

There have literally been no clues for any of the titles shared by anyone at LLL.

The information in post #1 of this thread is all they've told us, apart from these minor tidbits

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

It's funny that MV says "under your false name", because Thor Haga is his actual name, not a reference to the superhero Thor. ROTFLMAO

What are you talking about?  He was replying to the post from "Maleficio", which uses the term "bootleg", not Thor's post, which does not.

" ; Thor" is his REAL name?!

Now I suppose you'll tell me he's from Norway!😳

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

What are you talking about?  He was replying to the post from "Maleficio", which uses the term "bootleg", not Thor's post, which does not.

That IS his REAL name!

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

It seemed as though he was kind of replying to both, but yeah I guess it makes more sense if he was replying specifically to Maleficio.

Just now, Manakin Skywalker said:

It seemed as though he was kind of replying to both, but yeah I guess it makes more sense if he was replying specifically to Maleficio.

No. That's his name " Mal Eficio". He's Italian.

3 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I don't think so.  Thor only talked about the font.  Maleficio is the one who said it looked like a bootleg and thought it was a joke.  Thor's post is simply contained within both replies due to the way FSM's software works.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I don't think so.  Thor only talked about the font.  Maleficio is the one who said it looked like a bootleg and thought it was a joke.  Thor's post is simply contained within both replies due to the way FSM's software works.

Right. I more-or-less skimmed through the top comments and focused on MV's reply anyway.

9 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Nope.

IMG_20201123_210421.jpg

IMG_20201123_210333.jpg

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=67954&archive=0

Seems @Thor was the unwitting instigator LOL

Here's exhibit A:

IMG_20201123_212016.jpg

Good grief! 

Thats a nasty tone there. LoL. 

But that also happened with Jerry Drax who told me that Kritzerland when out of the way to SAE to not to sell any of their titles to him! 😜 That was for POLTERGEIST II

7 hours ago, Jay said:

There have literally been no clues for any of the titles shared by anyone at LLL.

The information in post #1 of this thread is all they've told us, apart from these minor tidbits

Guys, I chatted with MV over the phone last week to place an order (yes, I was Man enough to call him😅) and he confirmed there were No John Williams titles in this batch!! 

He originally DID have a JW title, but cancelled it. Penna ruined it for everybody😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

" How DARE you"

- Greta Sundberg, climate activist

" How DARE you!"

-  MV Gerhard, curmudgeon

YOU decide who is right. ;)

6 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I miss Maleficio.

A rare voice of reason in the ongoing battle between

' c + c ' crazies and the " ost is perfect "fanatics.😁

6 hours ago, Amer said:

Guys, I chatted with MV over the phone last week to place an order (yes, I was Man enough to call him😅) and he confirmed there were No John Williams titles in this batch!! 

I'm still excited for Black Friday, regardless of JW releases or not. Any batch of music from LLL is worth getting excited about! :wub:

Yes, LLL's Black Friday batches are always the soundtrack event of the year for me, even if there are no titles I want, simply because their production values are always superb and I enjoy the fun of the announcements (and everyone's reactions).

14 hours ago, Amer said:

When MV tells you something like that during a phone conversation, it's meant for your ears only, not something he intended you to post on a public forum and reveal to his entire customer base

10 hours ago, Amer said:

Good grief! 

Thats a nasty tone there. LoL. 

But that also happened with Jerry Drax who told me that Kritzerland when out of the way to SAE to not to sell any of their titles to him! 😜 That was for POLTERGEIST II

Not quite the way it happened. When I took the piss out of his crappy looking Poltergeist II cover, he threatened to cancel my order at Kritzerland, so I placed another order at SAE in case he did. As it turned out, he didn't cancel it, and I ended up receiving two copies!

Considering the release supposedly only needs to be approved at this point, I am curious if it's Kamen's original untampered score, or if it ends up being that leaked isolated score that'll be what's officially published.