La-La Land Records Black Friday 2020

EhTar

I had a feeling Release 5, given the unit count and price announced at the top of this thread, had the biggest possibility of being something I wanted, and I was right! I actually was hoping it would have been Jurassic Park 3 (which they said they would likely do), but Tremors is a fun score and never truly had a proper release! Didn't Intrada release like a promo album once or something? I should have seen the possibility of it coming, given the attention it has been getting this year with the new film and the new Blu-Ray/4K release.

So I'm getting Tremors. Anybody here getting anything?

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

Well, I love refreshing but nothing for me in this batch. And that's okay. I've had more luck this year than most people and I still have to invest in classical music, so now's the time to do that.

Then I recommend following this thread.

4 minutes ago, Spider-Fal said:

So much for MM's claim that he wants to provide a " good listening experience"  and not a " collection of cues, on future releases.

Yuk.

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

So much for MM's claim that he wants to provide a " good listening experience" on future releases.

You know, I can understand organizing it that way, but it will be a bit of a pain to create a chronological experience with that. Almost like you're getting two scores.

But I can understand what the intent behind that ordering would be.

As I predicted LLL left off some of the best cues in the series including the fantastic teaser music from FIRST BREATH THREE OF A KIND ( not to mention the finale of FEARFUL SYMMETRY)

Yet,  we continue to get boring cues from the mostly sound design scores from season one and  the terrible last two seasons , which were not even real X-FILES.

So much for listening to fan requests.

9 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

You know, I can understand organizing it that way, but it will be a bit of a pain to create a chronological experience with that. Almost like you're getting two scores.

But I can understand what the intent behind that ordering would be.

I was referring to the plethora of short cues.

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

As I predicted LLL left off some of the best cues in the series including the fantastic teaser music from FIRST BREATH AND THREE OF A KIND.

Yet we continue to get cues from the terrible last two seasons , which were not even real X-FILES.

So much for listening to fan requests.

I was referring to the plethora of short cues.

Ah I see. I can also imagine it depends on the score. Perhaps all the complaining about short cues being stitched together here was taken into account. XD

3 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

MV was true...no outstanding releases....

And no John Williams releases as said earlier. 

Interesting to know that Goldsmith @20th Series is taking off. 

Some missed OOP cds to look forward too. 

Everyone has his or her own favourite cues of course.

While they left off some of the cues that I would definitely have included personally, they did include almost all of the most essential cues that were on my wishlist. And completely out of the blue, it contains Smoking Telegram!

It looks like a fantastic release.

39 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

They left off the best cues- again!.

Four effing volumes and they can't get their act together😠

I know, but it's better than nothing I suppose. I still have some favourite cues that elude me in these sets. Although I reckon this one would have made a great concept album if it excluded the dialogue overlays.

images - 2020-11-27T205604.438.jpeg

But I also love the suite in this one:

I’ve had no problem with their cue selections, although maybe that has to do with the fact that I haven’t seen any non-reboot X-Files in 12 years.  The few tracks I remembered vividly have already appeared on earlier releases.  I look forward to picking up VOL 4 and completing the collection.  

looking at their LLL requests thread, it looks like they delivered on a bunch of them.  Not all of them, which is to be expected because there were tons there.  It also looks like Mark Snow is heavily involved in track selection on these releases (MV talks about “he thinks season 1 is not his best work due to tech limitations but we’ll see what we can do,” etc.). So it’s possible they brought up all the requests and he pooh-poohed certain ones.  I am glad that they are including some Fight the Future music that he previously pooh-poohed though!

As soon as I saw Tremors, I wondered whether it would include music from both composers, as Torn Music talks about some promo of Troost's music mystifying score collectors as a lot of music in the film is actually Folk's.

It's the only release in this batch I'd consider buying - the film's good; I just don't really remember the music.

5 hours ago, fommes said:

Everyone has his or her own favourite cues of course.

While they left off some of the cues that I would definitely have included personally, they did include almost all of the most essential cues that were on my wishlist. And completely out of the blue, it contains Smoking Telegram!

It looks like a fantastic release.

Smoking Telegram! Yes!! I didn't want to buy the Fight the Future album simply because that cue was lost... and the mad geniuses have found it! I lost any hope once Disney bought 20CF, certainly didn't think it would turn up on another volume of the series music! 

So thank you, LLL... Brilliant news! Hope you can reveal where that lost music turned up? 

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

I am glad that they are including some Fight the Future music that he previously pooh-poohed though!

Are you referring to Smoking Telegram? Because I thought the tape with that cue was lost, and all parties desperately wanted that finale cue on their previous release for the film. 

Yea, they couldn't find it. It's not like they had it and Snow asked them to remove it.  Where'd that theory come from? 

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea, they couldn't find it. It's not like they had it and Snow asked them to remove it.  Where'd that theory come from? 

My memory was shaky - I mistook it for one of these other cues that were composed for the film and which were left off at the request of Snow, I guess!

DEE3726C-5017-4DAC-8518-F25643DF9B71.jpeg