La-La Land Records Black Friday 2020

EhTar

7 hours ago, The Big Man said:

That FTF track happened to be one of the best ones in the score. Nice to see it included. Maybe now I can finally make a 40 min-or-so highlightambiance.alrom that mass of ominous ambiance.

,"All I need", sayeth the THOR

20201127_104338.jpg

9 hours ago, fommes said:

Everyone has his or her own favourite cues of course.

While they left off some of the cues that I would definitely have included personally, they did include almost all of the most essential cues that were on my wishlist. And completely out of the blue, it contains Smoking Telegram!

It looks like a fantastic release.

It just boggles the mind that atmospheric, ambient styled cues would take precedence .

Starting with season two, Snow switched to a more thematic approach. The teasers featured some of his best work. Most of the rest of each episode was mood music that could fit anywhere.

Why not showcase his most memorable work?

Shameful.

1 hour ago, Spider-Fal said:

Thanks.  That was a number of days ago and I couldn't find it.  I figured it was early next week.

I don't understand why it's not listed on their Facebook posts.

I'm glad you answered before MV had a chance to say it was a dumbass question.

35 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The next black friday.

Thank you.

34 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

They already went on sale and SOLD OUT!

Good.  Then I will just download them.  I know where to look.  I don't want to give more money to MV who calls his customers dumbasses.

Welp, nothing for me on this batch but happy for those that are getting what they want!  Sadly, The JW BF streak is now over, but what an impressive streak it was!!!  All outstanding release, we have truly been blessed!

All things considered with the pandemic world we’re in, I consider us fortunate to get the 3 JW releases we got in 2020.  Hopefully next year is safer and more productive for everyone, and looking forward to more quality JW releases for 2021!

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

My memory was shaky - I mistook it for one of these other cues that were composed for the film and which were left off at the request of Snow, I guess!

DEE3726C-5017-4DAC-8518-F25643DF9B71.jpeg

Thanks for finding that!

Hopefully in the future they can release a new single CD version of Fight The Future with Roadside Memorial, Man in the Shadows, Rooftops, Hole in the Wall, Bee Collar, and Smoking Telegram all included - presuming when they found Smoking Telegram, the other 3 cues in the film turned up too (who knows).

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Is it on Youtube? I can't find it.

3 hours ago, The Big Man said:

I suppose if it's more memorable and you have it memorised already, you don't need it on CD.

You're saying because we can remember score cues in our head, we don't need them released? 

We need them released BECAUSE we remember them. 

1 minute ago, gkgyver said:

You're saying because we can remember score cues in our head, we don't need them released? 

We need them released BECAUSE we remember them. 

But if you can't remember them, that's all the more reason to prioritise releasing forgettable tracks so you can be reminded of them.

But memorable pieces should take precedence over less memorable pieces. Especially in a 9 season series with roundabout 200 episodes.

I mean, is this really a question...? 

Geez
Drax and Mvgyver keep agreeing with me!

Where did I go right?😥

22 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

But if you can't remember them, that's all the more reason to prioritise releasing forgettable tracks so you can be reminded of them.

I have NEVER encountered an X-phile who gives a damn about the crappy last two seasons.

So, why waste precious space on music?

42 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

Seasons 10 and 11 you mean?

No.

The last two seasons without Ducovny( and sometimes Scully).

Ten had its moments.

We don't mention 11 . It never happened. You feel me? It .....NEVER...happened!

So, are we done kvetching?😅😅😅😅😅😅

14 hours ago, mstrox said:

My memory was shaky - I mistook it for one of these other cues that were composed for the film and which were left off at the request of Snow, I guess!

DEE3726C-5017-4DAC-8518-F25643DF9B71.jpeg

How can we go on with the knowledge that a handful of twenty second cues remain, shamefully and tragically, UNRELEASED!

Aghhhhhh!!--😥

11 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

" the ost is perfect ( well, almost)"

besides, TLW is no JP

You may (or may not) be surprised by how many people declared that exact thing when the LLL box came out. All this music people have been wanting to hear for decades, and suddenly the OST was enough for them :blink:

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

The film is absolute gobshite.

People who say that have no right to say about JP that it is a masterpiece. Where is the real quality difference between the two, please?

12 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

People who say that have no right to say about JP that it is a masterpiece. Where is the real quality difference between the two, please?

The first person to say "My lover's lips are like a red, red rose", is a genius.

The second person to say "My lover's lips are like a red, red rose", is an idiot.

I re-watched both Spielberg Jurassic Park movies last year, and I can confirm that the first one is great, but TLW is shite. The score is the only good thing about that movie.

Here's my ultimate JP franchise ranking:

1. Jurassic Park

34. Jurassic World

35. Jurassic Park 3

36. The Lost World

n+1. Fallen Kingdom

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

You may (or may not) be surprised by how many people declaredcame same thing when the LLL box came out.

you mean BESIDES Thor?!😳

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

I thought you didn't chronological presentatations?

I said I " might" have.

The ost of JP is not really well put together with repeats and stuff

15 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

The first person to say "My lover's lips are like a red, red rose", is a genius.

The second person to say "My lover's lips are like a red, red rose", is an idiot.

Yeah, it is a bit of a rehash of TLW.

But it was made for the fans like me who just wanted to see more dinos( like TBG and KOTM).

PLUS, the SD sequence was unique to TLW.

19 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

You imply that JP is comparable to the first person of some sort? If one is great, the other is at least good. And if one is shite, the other is at most garbage.

I just look at the list of 59 Black Friday titles and I own 35 of them

1. BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES: LIMITED EDITION Music by Shirley Walker, Lolita Ritmanis, and Michael McCuistion, Theme by Danny Elfman
  2. MILLENNIUM (2CD-SET): LIMITED EDITION by Mark Snow
  3. TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Music by Bear McCreary
  4. INNERSPACE: LIMITED EDITION Music by Jerry Goldsmith
  5. THE FUGITIVE (2CD-SET): LIMITED EDITION Music by James Newton Howard
  6. JADE: LIMITED EDITION by James Horner
  7. BATMAN RETURNS: LIMITED EDITION (2CD-SET) by Danny Elfman
  8. STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER: LIMITED EDITION (2CD-SET) by Jerry Goldsmith
  9. HOME ALONE: LIMITED EDITION by John Williams
  10. SCROOGED: LIMITED EDITION by Danny Elfman
  11. DIE HARD: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Michael Kamen
  12. TORA! TORA! TORA!: LIMITED EDITION by Jerry Goldsmith
  13. HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by John Williams
  14. DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Michael Kamen
  15. LETHAL WEAPON SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (8-CD BOX SET) by Michael Kamen, Eric Clapton and David Sanborn
  16. SHAFT: LIMITED EDITION by David Arnold
  17. THE DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET): LIMITED EDITION by Danny Elfman
  18. BIG TOP PEE-WEE: LIMITED EDITION by Danny Elfman
  19. DANCES WITH WOLVES: 25th ANNIVERSARY EXPANDED LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by John Barry
  20. BRAVEHEART: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by James Horner
  21. HOME ALONE: 25th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by John Williams
  22. THE PAGEMASTER: LIMITED EDITION by James Horner
  23. THE JOHN WILLIAMS JURASSIC PARK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) by John Williams
  24. STAR TREK 50th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION MUSICAL RARITIES FROM ACROSS THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) by Various Composers
  25. BEVERLY HILLS COP: LIMITED EDITION by Harold Faltermeyer
  26. BEVERLY HILLS COP II: LIMITED EDITION by Harold Faltermeyer
  27. DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by David Arnold
  28. TITANIC – 20th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) by James Horner
  29. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND: 40th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by John Williams
  30. HARRY POTTER – THE JOHN WILLIAMS SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION LIMITED EDITION (7-CD BOX SET) by John Williams
  31. SCHINDLER’S LIST – 25th ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by John Williams
  32. THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by David Arnold
  33. LAND OF THE GIANTS 50th ANNIVERSARY SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) by John Williams, Alexander Courage, Leith Stevens, Harry Geller, Artie Kane, Joseph Mullendore, Richard LaSalle, Robert Prince, Irving Gertz and Paul Sawtell
  34. DISASTER MOVIE SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION – BY JOHN WILLIAMS: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD BOX SET) by John Williams

35. STARGATE: 25th ANNIVERSARY EXPANDED LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by David Arnold

The 24 I don't own are

1. PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO: LIMITED EDITION Music by Les Baxter
  2. FAT MAN AND LITTLE BOY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Ennio Morricone
  3. STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (15-CD BOX SET) by Various Composers
  4. THE UNTOUCHABLES: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Ennio Morricone
  5. GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL: LIMITED EDITION by Dimitri Tiomkin
  6. POLICE ACADEMY: LIMITED EDITION by Robert Folk
  7. SUPERMAN RETURNS: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by John Ottman
  8. BONNIE & CLYDE by John Debney
  9. THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST: EXPANDED TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by John Debney
  10. STAR TREK ENTERPRISE COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) by Dennis McCarthy, Kevin Kiner, Jay Chattaway, David Bell, Paul Baillargeon, Velton Ray Bunch, Mark McKenzie, John Frizzell and Brian Tyler
  11. GIANT: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Dimitri Tiomkin
  12. THE FRENCH CONNECTION COLLECTION: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Don Eilis and Brad Fiedel
  13. DOCTOR DOLITTLE: 50th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Leslie Bricusse
  14. DAVID SHIRE’S APOCALYPSE NOW – THE UNUSED SCORE: LIMITED EDITION by David Shire
  15. BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET) by Wojciech Kilar
  16. NEVADA SMITH – THE PARAMOUNT WESTERNS COLLECTION: LIMITED EDIITON (4-CD SET) by Alfred Newman, Nelson Riddle, Walter Scharf, Johnny Douglas, Paul Dunlap, David Raskin, Harry Sukman, Roy Webb, Franz Waxman, Daniele Amfitheatrof and Victor Young
  17. THE KARATE KID: 35th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION by Bill Conti
  18. STAR TREK VOYAGER COLLECTION VOLUME 2: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET) by Jay Chataway, Dennis McCarthy, David Bell and Paul Baillargeon
  19. FREAKY: LIMITED EDITION Music by Bear McCreary
  20. GOLDSMITH AT 20th VOL. 1 – VON RYAN’S EXPRESS / THE BLUE MAX: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) Music by Jerry Goldsmith
  21. GOLDSMITH AT 20th VOL. 2 – THE DETECTIVE / THE FLIM-FLAM MAN: LIMITED EDITION Music by Jerry Goldsmith
  22. THE KARATE KID PART III: LIMITED EDITION Music by Bill Conti
  23. TREMORS: LIMITED EDITION (Universal Pictures Film Music Classics Collection) Music by Ernest Troost Additional Music by Robert Folk
  24. THE X FILES: VOLUME FOUR: LIMITED EDITION Music by Mark Snow

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

THE UNTOUCHABLES: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) by Ennio Morricone

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA: LIMITED EDITION (3-CD SET) by Wojciech Kilar

Mandatory, also for the improved sound of the OST presentations.