Would you put The Ultimate War in your list of best action tracks by Williams?

Edmilson

It's endlessly inventive as it honors the swashbuckling musical tradition. Great energy, brilliantly performed, elevates the film...but damn, Williams has done a LOT of great action writing over the years. The competition is certainly fierce. If it's in my top ten, it's probably near the bottom...the top spots would likely be reserved for jawdroppers like The Asteroid Field, Desert Chase, maybe some stuff from Jurassic Park...but yeah, The Ultimate War could make the top ten list, depending on the day.

I'm afraid it's not in my top 10 of action cues, this bright swashbuckling sound is not my favourite, though I'll still listen to it with pleasure.

I'd put stuff like Desert Chase, Battle of Yavin, Dueling the Basilisk, etc., above The Ultimate War.

No, I've always thought it was a bit overrated. I love the Hook score but Ultimate War is one of my least favorite parts. It does have its place in the score structure though, providing a climax that gives an opportunity to hear a lot of the themes in action mode, so that's cool.

Absolutely not. Hook is a brilliant score and The Ultimate War has got a lot of great moments, but the piece is nowhere near as focused as Williams' best action cues.

JohnnyD, you're not allowed to attach copyrighted music to a forum post and host it on our servers.  If you want to point someone in the direction of music you want them to hear it must be hosted elsewhere and then only linked to or embedded.  Please fix this immediately.