Michael Giacchino's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021)

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Giacchino's going to have a field day after this announcement. The video was originally posted by Sony's Latino American YT account, then made private, then deleted.

Not before other people downloaded it and shared it.

3 hours ago, Matt C said:

Giacchino's going to have a field day after this announcement. The video was originally posted by Sony's Latino American YT account, then made private, then deleted.

Not before other people downloaded it and shared it.

What is this saying? That Mcguire and Garfield will appear as Spiderman too alongside Holland in Spiderman 3?

23 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

What is this saying? That Mcguire and Garfield will appear as Spiderman too alongside Holland in Spiderman 3?

That is correct.

Sony and Marvel have not confirmed it yet, when any other studio faced with a leak like that would've admitted it. They keep trying to delete it, but keeps showing up on YT.

Jimmy Kimmel interviewed Zendaya yesterday and you could tell by her reaction when he asked her about that -- she knows. 

Gia would be crazy not to use the respective themes in his score. Isn't that the whole point of this exercise, in much the same way the Jurassic Park theme was obligatory in parts of Jurassic World?

I would place money on at least Elfman's being there. I would flip shit if they included Horner's as well. I hope theaters are open because I want to be the one embarrassing person who stands, fist-pumping and shouts "Whoo!"

I like Zimmer's theme but I don't think of it as iconic

Elfman's is still the best and most iconic so far. The Spider-man character has been very lucky so far as scores go. I enjoy all of the themes, to one degree or another

18 hours ago, crumbs said:

Gia would be crazy not to use the respective themes in his score. Isn't that the whole point of this exercise, in much the same way the Jurassic Park theme was obligatory in parts of Jurassic World?

Giacchino used at least three of Williams' motifs in the first two JW scores. And they showed up in the soundtrack releases.

2 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

This is just making me wish that Danny Elfman was scoring this instead, or Christopher Young who did an exceptional job with the third movie

I'm not sure Elfman would even write something like the original Spider-Man scores now. His style seems to have matured in a different direction.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

I'm not sure Elfman would even write something like the original Spider-Man scores now. His style seems to have matured in a different direction.

That's fine with me as long as there would be some kind of thematic continuity

Im far more excited for this than I feel like I should be. They're running the danger (AGAIN) of overstuffing a sequel film, but if they can make it work...it would be very fun.

I'm worried that Jon Watts won't be able to transition from wannabe John Hughes comedy to a more serious tone with this film. Not have it be all serious and mopey but ease up on the Holland Peter hijinks.

I really want to see Holland have a good rapport with Maguire and Garfield.

Spider-man would be the right MCU film to bring those netflix characters in because they are all NYC based too

• 2 months later...

This will be the third time Giacchino gets to score three entries for the same franchise in a row, after Medal of Honor and Star Trek and ahead of Jurassic World

It's less!

Giacchino: Medal of Honor, Star Trek, Spider-man, Jurassic World

Williams: Star Wars OT, Indiana Jones, Star Wars PT, Harry Potter, Star Wars ST

1 hour ago, Jay said:

This will be the third time Giacchino gets to score three entries for the same franchise in a row, after Medal of Honor and Star Trek and ahead of Jurassic World

Awesome! Good for him.

10 hours ago, Jay said:

The more interesting distinction for me is that Giacchino will now be the first composer to actually compose a whole Spidey trilogy, with Elfman only having had two entries under his belt.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

It's less!

And Oliver Stone trilogy! And early 00's murky s-f trilogy from Spielberg! ;)

Karol

12 hours ago, Jay said:

It's less!

Not until Incredibles 3 - 2028

• 2 months later...

In addition to JW3 and SM3 and The Batman in the future, he also has Extinct slowing rolling out in different countries now