John Williams in the BBC Music Magazine

Maglorfin

On 11/24/2020 at 7:20 AM, GlastoEls said:

Brill, anyone know in the U.K. how to buy that single issue (online)?

And outside of the UK - I would love a copy. Googling reveals there are back issues to previous issues, so maybe after it's out it'll pop up online?

I live in Florida. Is there anyway to get a physical copy of this issue? I'd love to get it. Even a digital copy to save to my MacBook Pro would be nice.

I live in the UK and could certainly investigate getting hold of some copies and passing them on to any individuals who’d like one. I’m sure we could come to some arrangement in return. Just PM me if you want to discuss further.

Mark

No, don’t be silly. I was trying to to be subtle, in case some of our legal friends were watching and decided to get punchy.

If that’s still too cryptic for you, just PM me and I’ll feel comfortable filling in the blanks for you without feeling like the rest if the world is watching.

Mark

So, the issue will be released tomorrow, according to the date next to the issue link. So I should receive within a few weeks, right? This is only the second time I have ever purchased something from overseas (the first was ordering exclusive hardcover copies of The Silmarillion, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings via HarperCollins Publishing), so I just want to be sure.

It's taken up to a few weeks to my location, and I live in Norway. 

I'm sure there's a distributor in the USA, but it might be more expensive.

If I were to purchase the magazine in Norway, the price would more than double.

An option for some people might be to check if their local library has a magazine service.  I just checked and I was able to subscribe to this magazine from my local library.

Newsagents here in Australia import a lot of British magazines so I will be on the lookout for the printed version too!

9 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

I purchased via Paypal; it was $10.59 total. It will be shipped to my billing address in Florida.

I likewise ordered a copy (kudos to @Jurassic Sharkfor telling us the best way to order it!). Mine came to $10.60; an extra penny to get it to California, maybe?

37 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

A pity they didn't commission a new Christmas carol by JW

That's indeed a pity, but I guess they wouldn't afford it. But a unique piano arrangement of one of his Home Alone carols would be welcome.

6 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Does it deliver faster than buysubscriptions.com?

We'll see. buysubscriptions just had server errors when I tried it, I never got to see the webpage.

How do I check the status of the order?

I ordered from this link: https://www.buysubscriptions.com/back-issues/bbc-music-magazine-back-issues.

I paid via guest check out and PayPal (used my debit card; no need for a PayPal account).

On 12/5/2020 at 11:22 AM, Marian Schedenig said:

Ordered from here as well. Shipped same day, so that's good.

Now let's see how it fares in two bogged and clogged postal systems!

9 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Bernard Herrmann.

I assumed it was about living composers. As such, it's hard to beat Williams. I would place my beloved Zimmer second.