Coronavirus 2: This Time No Politics (promise )

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest advantage of the asian countries that managed to get almost out of the pandemia is that they understand that the least this is a question about courage or bravery. I think, a pandemia

Bruce, this is a forum where fans of film music come together to share our love of the music, and associated media.  This isn't a place for you to antagonize strangers on the internet, and take every

I don’t know why this mask thing is still a fucking debate a whole year later.  It’s not a mind trick to get you to stand further apart.  To the extent that they are ethically able to study this durin

I still want to take it. I'd take some of that Regeneron stuff as well, which seemed to be like speed when administered to a certain individual. At this point, if we're to be skeptical of a vaccine, are we just going to wait years to get on with anything resembling normal life? What do we wait for at that point? More vaccines? Hoping the virus will miraculously burn out? If that's the case, Herd Immunity it is, not continuing crippling shutdowns. 

Eventually, even the people with cushy office jobs from home will be affected by the trickle down effect of economic meltdown from everyone staying in the house and being terrified of not only the virus, but the vaccine.

Someone say Hurd Imoonity? 

There’s some better evidence for it now. Looks like an individual can get around 7-8 months worth immunity after an infection. 

Anyways, I like this guy, and he’s got a point: 

And then Staten Island showed up: 

In California, the strip clubs have been open for some time, but Church and Disneyland (an employer of an estimated 30,000 people) have been declared illegal, with top officials dining and drinking maskless indoors while telling the little people they can't open their restaurants or do anything. One pastor even put on a faux strip show so they could legally worship. Time to move to Texas or Florida.

In England, the Pfizer vaccine is approved and vaccinations may already start as early as next week. In Belgium, we have to wait until the 5th of January.  Of course, the first people to be vaccinated are the vulnerable and the people on the COVID battlegrounds.

Expect to see things like this the coming year:

--------------------------------------------------

John Williams Conducts The London Symphony 

At The Barbican Centre London

21 August 2021

(Only for the vaccinated) 

--------------------------------------------------

I like my vaccines. 

But I don’t like my vaccines when the company giving them to me has legal immunity if I grow a third eyeball or lose my pee-pee. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-legal-indemnity-safety-ministers-b1765124.html

If they try this shit in the US, fuck that. Skip. 

The level of ignorance about how COVID is spread is staggering.

The Never-maskers and the Always- maskers are about equal in their lack of knowledge.

But, at least the masked-maniacs are not dying from attending crowded INDOOR rallies for their False Prophet. Idiots!

Californians would drink their own piss if [ their elected leaders] told them it would prevent COVID😰

One of the manliest men I know (at work), as in he has a tough guy but jokey persona, is constantly complaining about other blokes around him not wearing their masks, like it really irritates him. He openly asks them, "where's your mask?" He'll say to me and the others, "what makes this dickhead so special?", while gesturing towards someone not wearing one. The chap asked me where my one was once, to which I replied "I'm outside and currently working in my own space." We have a large work environment with in and outdoor spaces.

It was in my pocket. But my point is that sneering Vox essay thinks it knows everything about stupid problematic men (the entire sex), but it is so far up its own pontificating arse that it completely disregards all nuance. 

That's not to say I didn't recognise certain truths in there - the part about mens mask designs is amusingly accurate, and one can't deny that the delicate machismo of Trump wasn't massively disrupted by the prospect of a dainty cloth covering, but ffs it's not all as black and white simple as Vox tries to make it out to be. Still, the main thing I guess is that the author got a real assertive buzz from writing it, their shoulders broadened with smug satisfaction as the article went live. 

Again, it's not really practical to have such a rule in operation in a thread about a pandemic which has caused probably the biggest global political crises since WWII. Just the notion of how that's supposed to work is downright brainless. So I guess we'll just have to stop talking about the biggest news story of the decade here at JWFan, then, if that's what it takes to appease BORING SOFTIE GRANDADS JAY AND RICARD.

Ain't contemporary movie music great! Lets all discuss and congratulate each other about it! Who needs other topics anyway?!

@Quintus, and @SteveMc,

of course we can discuss the political fallout from COVID...in the "Politics!" thread.

Lee, I do agree that to prevent JWfaners from discussing the politics of COVID in a COVID thread is "brainless", but them's the rules.

Personally, I think that the whole issue of COVID has gone way beyond politics, but that's just me.

Ps, I don't think that Jay is a grandfather...yet.

I'm taking no sides on the politics. The dumb politicians who are now blaming their citizens for their own terrible mismanagement of this whole affair come from all across the political spectrum and are spread across the ranks of every country. From the Cuomos to the Trumps to the Faucis to the Macrons. 

These political players...

1. Were against acute/short term lockdowns when lockdowns counted. Are now enforcing chronic lockdowns at a stage in the epidemic where control is not possible and the damage to the economy and psychological well-being of the people will be more harmful. 
  2. Flouted common sense against mask-wearing when all eyes were on them claiming masks are only effective for healthcare workers (looking at you Dr. Fauci) when in fact we've known masks are cheap and harmless solutions that should have been used from the get go. Now they're gaslighting the public for mistrust in what they say. Hurr durr. 
  3. Now that the vaccines are starting to roll out, they're undermining their credibility again by giving these pharmaceutical companies legal protection in case the shit hits the fan. What message is that sending to you and me? In 6 months they're going to come up with more new dictionary terms to pathologize us for having reasonable trepidation taking a brand new, fast-tracked vaccine where we have no legal recourse if harmed temporarily or permanently.  

This isn't political. It's about what happens when idiots are in charge. The idiots haven't a clue what they're doing. And the public is rightfully pissed and calling them out. 

1 hour ago, SteveMc said:

I don't know why y'all here are so dense.  You can talk about the news, even referencing political figures/disagreements without being stupid about it.  

But stupidity is the point I guess.  

It's the China Virus. Everything about it has been stupid, from the China coverup to the W.H.O. saying it wasn't transmissible human-to-human and applauding China, top health officials telling Americans NOT to wear a mask, the closure of businesses directly across the street from a "Zone" where businesses are allowed to operate, and the eradication of toilet paper stocks.

3 hours ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

This isn't political.

I'm taking no sides on the politics. The dumb politicians who are now blaming their citizens for their own terrible mismanagement of this whole affair come from all across the political spectrum and are spread across the ranks of every country. From the Cuomos to the Trumps to the Faucis to the Macrons. 

These political players...

This isn't political.

Stephen Huszar Mystery GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

2 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Again, Jay and Ricard aren't against politics per se. They're against controversy.

You can't have one without the other, sweetie. 

48 minutes ago, Quintus said:

You can't have one without the other, sweetie. 

"Political" is such a broad term, and the Jay Dubya Fann bosses have never been specific in how they define it. Most folks here probably regard the term as partisan politics, left vs right, Democrats vs Republicans, etc. But that's only the superficial politics, and of course Jaycard hates that. But they also have a chip on their shoulders regarding controversy – I remember the day this rule was enacted, that big French church thingy burnt down, I made a comment criticising world leaders for donating foreign aid to rebuild the bloody thing instead of using that money to help, you know, poverty. Well got told off for that!! How the hell does a comment like that break the rules?

I DONT understand this obsession with singling out people to blame. Pointing fingers is a useless exercise.

Covid is a NATURAL phemomenom - probably resulting from environmental degradation and climate change.

Do we blame politicians for hurricanes?

I don't care to assess blame, I want it dealt with in a manner that doesn't needlessly wreck our society. Trumpf was right about ONE thing: we have to learn to live with it.

Not THAT Jane,  moron!😵

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/almost-covid-transmission-happening-5-214735157.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_04

None of the places where COVID is spreading are outdoors. And yet....

99 percent of SF are wearing masks outdoors - all the time!

If a person walking towards me sees that I'm maskless, they will often go out into the street to avoid walking past me. It is NOT possible to transmit/ contract the virus merely by passing by someone on.the street. Impossible. Even if both people are not masked and walk within inches of each other. Impossible!

Not one person has contracted COVID outdoors who is at least six feet away from another person.

Politicians are acting out of political concerns, not necessarily medical.

Think for yourselves!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/almost-covid-transmission-happening-5-214735157.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_04

1 hour ago, The Big Man said:

Jane, up here! Jane!

Drax thinks COVID IS a bio- weapon unleashed upon the world by that super-villain FU MANCHU!   😎

6 hours ago, The Big Man said:

– I remember the day this rule was enacted, that big French church thingy burnt down, I made a comment criticising world leaders for donating foreign aid to rebuild the bloody thing instead of using that money to help, you know, poverty.

Wow!

I'm impressed .

Maybe, you do have a heart after all, Tin Man!😊

On 12/2/2020 at 5:52 PM, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

In California, the strip clubs have been open for some time, but Church and Disneyland (an employer of an estimated 30,000 people) have been declared illegal, with top officials dining and drinking maskless indoors while telling the little people they can't open their restaurants or do anything. One pastor even put on a faux strip show so they could legally worship. Time to move to Texas or Florida.

The city and state have spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing outdoor seating for restaurants. , Now El Jefe is planning on banning outdoor dining also.

" Its madness. MADNESS!"😡

Corona News Bits:

- Even if we start vaccinating today, the effect won't be seen before April 2021.

- Today Moscow has started vaccinating its residents with the Russian vaccine called 'Sputnik V'.  Scientists (outside Russia) and Moscovites are sceptical.