Coronavirus 2: This Time No Politics (promise )

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest advantage of the asian countries that managed to get almost out of the pandemia is that they understand that the least this is a question about courage or bravery. I think, a pandemia

Okay, okay, okay, let’s finish this year in style!  

Lost a coworker to COVID yesterday - ex-Marine with kids, fit with no known health issues, in his early 50s.  Rough.

I keep hearing about how terrible the Rona is and how Cases Are Spiking, Stay Home, Buy All the Toilet Paper, Shut Everything Down, Reject the Vaccine Because We're a Bunch of Anti-Vaxxer Sissies Who Want to Watch the World Burn etc.

Yet, I go out nearly every day, enter people's homes, puff on cigarettes maskless in public places and even brave the grocery store to buy celery and Huggies and I haven't been ill. I'm actually kinda disappointed I HAVEN'T been physically afflicted by the China Virus. Where the hell is it?? Why am I allowed to brazenly spend most of my time out and about in this new China Virus Frontier and yet I'm not hospitalized and on a ventilator?

3 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Alex, what have you done?!

Screenshot_20201214-155111_Chrome.jpg

First of all, it wasn't Santa Claus but Sinterklaas. In fact, it was the helper of Sinterklaas. And second,  it has not been proven.

5de873b8-235f-11eb-a9b7-92b975528d53_web_scale_0.0888889_0.0888889__.jpg

3 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

"No way. Only THE USA is suffering. And, it's because of [ political leader]

"The rest of the world has it under control"

- actual quote

The U.S. never had it under control, unlike Canada, Europe or Australia. We're in the second and sometimes third wave. You and Gruesome are still experiencing the first wave.

Shame on you!

8 hours ago, Quintus said:

Glad to hear she tested negative, although even a positive result would have been nothing really to worry about, assuming the girl isn't a pensioner. 

Oh, she's young enough so that an infection wouldn't be a real threat. But the point was that I would have had to stay in quarantine for two weeks (which means over Christmas) and couldn't visit my family (which I will do against all rationality) if the test was positive. She, however, already has to adhere to the quarantine rules, because of her infected roommate.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

Oh, she's young enough so that an infection wouldn't be a real threat. But the point was that I would have had to stay in quarantine for two weeks (which means over Christmas) and couldn't visit my family (which I will do against all rationality) if the test was positive. She, however, already has to adhere to the quarantine rules, because of her infected roommate.

Of course, gotcha. Oh well, hopefully you both have a nice Christmas then! 

6 hours ago, Bespin said:

Yes, Covid-19 positive test is not a death sentence, but it's enough serious to be a little bit scared. 

For most fear only sets in upon a positive test. The vast, vaaaaast majority of people who have had Covid-19 and got over it - without ever knowing they even had it, just felt like shit for a few days, at worst. I wonder how many of those people were stricken with fear. 

It's quite fascinating how this whole dreaded affair has revealed two very distinct dispositions in the general population. Those who live in fear of the virus, and those who don't. 

https://reason.com/2020/12/11/californias-health-secretary-concedes-there-is-no-empirical-basis-for-the-states-ban-on-outdoor-dining/

11 minutes ago, Quintus said:

For most fear only sets in upon a positive test. The vast, vaaaaast majority of people who had Covid-19 and got over it - without ever knowing they even had it, just felt like shit for a few days, at worst. I wonder how many of those people were stricken with fear. 

It's quite fascinating how this whole dreaded affair that has revealed two very distinct dispositions in the general population. Those who live in fear of the virus, and those who don't. 

" Where there is fear, danger lives. Where fear in naught, danger dies".

- The Tao

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

For most fear only sets in upon a positive test. The vast, vaaaaast majority of people who have had Covid-19 and got over it - without ever knowing they even had it, just felt like shit for a few days, at worst. I wonder how many of those people were stricken with fear. 

It's quite fascinating how this whole dreaded affair has revealed two very distinct dispositions in the general population. Those who live in fear of the virus, and those who don't. 

You need both kinds of people in a society. Evolutionary necessity. 

You need a few explorers who fear nothing. A few more who are optimistic but cautious. And you need a lot of people who are paranoid and conservative. Explorers go first and figure out the situation and report back or die. 

19 hours ago, Quintus said:

I wonder how many of those people were stricken with fear. 

Part of the problem is the vast majority of media pushing for Fear and Compliance. Fox airs clip shows of the mainstream media and their darlings abandoning all hope at all costs, even with vaccines being pushed out rapidly and the vast majority of the Earth's population surviving the virus. It's like post-9/11 when they just kept replaying footage of the WTC attack over and over and over again like we were trapped in an Islamic Terorrist Attack version of Groundhog Day.

Apparently, we should all just curl up in a ball until 2023. Top Men seem to want to stretch this thing out for as long as possible. Also, fuck Bill Gates.

Sadly, SOB is right- FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS (miserable) LIFE!

Congratulations!

21 hours ago, AC1 said:

The U.S. never had it under control, unlike Canada, Europe or Australia

Netherlands just imposed a strict lockdown.

16 hours ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

.....And you need a lot of people who are paranoid and conservative. ....

....but why do they all hafta be on JWFAN?!😰

I can't see watching a movie wearing a mask being fun. Hollyweird should just bite the bullet and release all the current delayed releases on digital. Movies still made a shitload of moola at the cinema before Covid, I don't see it as the theatrical death sentence that others do. Just put Kong v Zilla on streaming. 

53 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

It blows my mind that the theater chains in the US haven’t converted their parking lots to drive-ins. Like...how incompetent do you have to be? 

Most cinemas here are within a shopping mall, and the car park is a multi-storey structure. You might say use the roof level, but there are usually too many large protrusions like staircases and pop-up entrance levels that would obstruct the screen. Wouldn't work.