What is your favourite orchestral performance of "Oh come, all ye faithful" (Adeste Fidelis)?

Bounty95

The title says it all. Every time I listen to HA2 I realise how much I love the performance of the piece at the outset of "Christmas at Carnegie Hall". 

I have yet to come across a better version. 

I don't know if I can pick any recording, in particular, but I obviously prefer the versions sung in Norwegian ("Å, kom nå med lovsang") for a closer connection.

44 minutes ago, Bounty95 said:

The title says it all. Every time I listen to HA2 I realise how much I love the performance of the piece at the outset of "Christmas at Carnegie Hall". 

I have yet to come across a better version. 

What's the piece that begins at 1:11?  I don't recognise it.

As for OCAYF, Rutter's version is rather nice  

1 hour ago, Bounty95 said:

Not that I know many orchestral versions, but I've always adored this one.

I think I misunderstood the topic. I assumed it had to do with orchestral accompaniment to vocals. If it's a purely instrumental orchestral version you're looking for, the "Norwegian" bit obviously makes no difference. I guess I'll go for HOME ALONE 2 too.

Here in Portugal, there's a quite prevalent historical notion that our very own King John IV was the original composer of this piece. I don't think there's any real validity to this historical myth, but it's quite engrained