Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary -- Special products coming

TownerFan

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is it?  I certainly didn't see it when I I went out to see any of the 5 theatrical Disney films.  Have they retroactively added it to the top of the Disney+ versions now that the Fox purchase is complete?

Only the original films 123456.

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense.

I wouldn't mind its omission for the other films, either, had Williams not re-recorded the fanfare for The Empire Strikes Back, ostensibly making it an integral part of the presentation.

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm pretty sure it will only be in the ones originally distributed by 20th Century Fox, a movie studio that does not exist anymore.  Why would they add it to movies that were not?  Just as a nostalgia thing?

That's my point - I was talking about the new movies, I dunno why Chen brought it up >shrug<

All I was ever saying was that it would have been nice if JW wrote a fanfare for the new Disney content

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

it would have been nice if JW wrote a fanfare for the new Disney content

Huh, I hadn't considered that idea before! Quite right!

20 hours ago, Jay said:

I do 100% agree that Kathleen Kennedy should have asked John Williams to compose a proper fanfare that got recorded at the TFA sessions, and that should be used on all the movies and TV shows

She should have called him up to do one last job? Yeah sure, we all know how well that goes... 

Always would've liked the lucasfilm logo tracked with the short transition from TPM during the Coruscant taxi segue.

They used it for the Behind the Magic CD-Rom, and evidently the X-Wing Alliance game

It works better without the annoying animation and sound effects.

I like the new logo just fine. Obviously it would be better if Williams had done it, but it would be awkward now if that fanfare was the last composed music for Star Wars. If they had done it at TFA sessions it would have been spectacular.  But now, let the Main Titles end the final End Titles as intended, full circle

20 minutes ago, theBT said:

Ok I hope I not going to be sued but there will be complete scores for the sw sequels (7-9) and music only (like last jedi) versions of them. 

This better be true or else this will feel like she tells you she's on her period on the third date. 

So many key milestones have come and gone for Indy and Star Wars with nothing except OST or vinyl reissues, so I won't hold my breath that the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm becomes the catalyst to get the scores expanded.

If anything, an Indy box to coincide with the 40th anniversary of Raiders seems more likely (not to mention being "only" four scores vs nine, only one with LA fees instead of three).

Seeing as all we got for ESB's 40th was a lousy vinyl reissue of that hot garbage Disney Demaster, well... :bash:

Maybe they'll wait for the release* of Indy 5 to promote anything of the franchise? Kinda like when Disney began putting new Star Wars content in 2014/15.

*That is, assuming there'll be an Indy 5 and it'll get released in one and a half year.

At least Mangold got an extra year to polish his script, thanks to COVID. I just hope it's not another hodgepodge of ideas from dozens of different writers, like that clunky script for KOCS.

Each writer should start fresh without the baggage of what came before.

Still, it'd be a miracle if it started production before 2022 (or if Williams was scoring it in the next 2 years).

12 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

Folks are hilarious thinking Indy 5 will actually happen when they say it'll happen.

They also think they're getting the scores " remastered and complete and chronogical from Mike MATTESINO".

20201114_192114.jpg

• 2 months later...

Lucasfilm's "Special" 50th Anniversary products revealed!

Spoiler: Reissued merchandise from decades ago! :lol:

Sorry to everyone who got their hopes up that something meaningful might actually be coming from Lucasfilm for a change. We really should know better by now.

13 minutes ago, crumbs said:

It's always the laziest, easiest option with Lucasfilm, isn't it?

Must be the legacy Lucas left behind. 

That seems to be the operative word to describe Lucasfilm. This 'laziness' goes back to the 2-CD release of SW:TPM-They just take music from a final film-stem and putting it on a CD.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Lucasfilm's "Special" 50th Anniversary products revealed!

Spoiler: Reissued merchandise from decades ago! :lol:

Sorry to everyone who got their hopes up that something meaningful might actually be coming from Lucasfilm for a change. We really should know better by now.

Since that's a post specifically about Hasbro offerings, I wouldn't read anything into this regarding score releases (although I personally don't think the Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary is going to be a "trigger" for those).  

I do really dig the nostalgic packaging they're using though - especially the sized-up TPM cardbacks.  Much better than the generic Black Series boxes you see on the shelves.  I don't buy SW merch anymore, but they're mighty attractive.  I'd love to see them doing the same for cardbacks from other lines 1995+ (POTF2, POTJ, AOTC, EPIII cardbacks especially - the vintage replica cards are neat, but you done wore 'em out Hasbro).

6 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Since that's a post specifically about Hasbro offerings, I wouldn't read anything into this regarding score releases (although I personally don't think the Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary is going to be a "trigger" for those).  

100%

On 2/8/2021 at 5:31 PM, crocodile said:

Next year is John Williams' 90th birthday and the 45th anniversary of Star Wars.

Karol

man’s nothing will happen then either!

We'll get 'em eventually - MM wants to do them, he has Williams' ear and Williams has OKed BIG legacy projects like ET, CE3K, Jaws, etc.  I don't expect them to be part of any significant Lucasfilm/Disney promotional push, though.  They'll come when they come.