Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary -- Special products coming

TownerFan

2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm. The celebration will kick off with commemorative, fan-favorite 50th anniversary Star Wars products. The launch starts in January and will continue throughout the year with special edition product releases.

https://www.starwars.com/news/lucasfilm-50th-anniversary

I'll just leave this here :) Start your speculation engines!

PS: I am as clueless as you guys!

Disney++ Special Special 8k Editions!

9 minutes ago, Spider-Fal said:

Nothing cool most likely, probably lame stuff, like shirts, mugs etc.

“Consumer products have always been an integral part of the Star Wars fan experience, and they remain a constant force in pop-culture today,” says Paul Southern, Lucasfilm senior vice president, Licensing and Franchise. “To commemorate Lucasfilm’s 50 years of storytelling, we look forward to honoring this consumer products legacy and bringing to life brand-new products, games, and publishing offerings that celebrate our future with Lucasfilm’s exciting feature films and Disney+ series ahead.”

hmmm

I doubt this will be anything much more than special edition Monopoly-s and collector's action figures. The original cuts will never be released. I am practically certain that was part of the Lucasfilm/Disney merger contract. Although who knows. Disney's wily.

The expanded scores will happen eventually, I don't doubt that. I just hope it isn't for the 75th anniversary.

21 minutes ago, BrotherSound said:

Even this fan-made version sounds much better!

It certainly does :) Do you recognize where in Williams' scores does that final, crescending tutti chord come from?

11 minutes ago, Albus Percival Wulfric said:

It certainly does :) Do you recognize where in Williams' scores does that final, crescending tutti chord come from?

It's from Battlefront 2, Gordy Haab.

9 hours ago, BuzzLightyear said:

Maybe John Williams will compose a brand new Logo Fanfare for Lucasfilm!! :)

That's a great idea!

A nice cherry on top of his 9 tiered cake. Or 9 tiers and two small chocolate truffles (solo/ galaxy's edge) and then the cherry. 

I look forward to all 9 OSTs being released again, but this time with bass boost and extra reverb on all tracks, and to top it off, picture-discs. 

1 hour ago, MrJosh said:

I look forward to all 9 OSTs being released again, but this time with bass boost and extra reverb on all tracks, and to top it off, picture-discs. 

Lucasfilm celebrating their 50th anniversary like it was their 25th!

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

They'll announce the upcoming Star Wars Episode X, starring some kid actor as the offspring of Rey and Kylo. John Williams will write the main themes, but the proper score will be composed by Giacchino.

Is it bad that this sounds honestly conceivable in this timeline we're in? 

5 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

Just promise me we'll never hear...whatever this is again:

Even this fan-made version sounds much better!

And yet, both of these hack jobs sound better than the Blake Neely-esque blob of arpeggiated anonymity that's currently sliming the opening of every Mandalorian episode.  I was sure JW would find time to fart out some fantastic ten-second Lucasfilm fanfare during the TFA sessions, but I've pretty much given up.  If it didn't happen for the dawn of the new era when he was already rounding up an orchestra, it won't happen now.

tumblr_610f123bd26a106144c179c27b8e8d2b_89e49000_400.gif

LOL, sounds nothing like Blake Neely.

And its also in the LEGO Holiday Special (which actually has a pretty decent score.)

5 minutes ago, Spider-Fal said:

LOL, sounds nothing like Blake Neely.

And its also in the LEGO Holiday Special (which actually has a pretty decent score.)

Any tracks (or links) in particular?

6 hours ago, TSMefford said:
8 hours ago, Edmilson said:

They'll announce the upcoming Star Wars Episode X, starring some kid actor as the offspring of Rey and Kylo. John Williams will write the main themes, but the proper score will be composed by Giacchino.

Expand  

Is it bad that this sounds honestly conceivable in this timeline we're in? 

6 hours ago, Spider-Fal said:

I don't know how a dead person can have offspring, and I don't want to either.

So... they do not sound conceivable?

I suspect that Lucasfilm will finally approve and release James Horner's Willow for Intrada next year and then maybe Young Indy Chronicles TV series scores as a tie in to the Blu ray release of the series amongst the other projects.

We all know whatever merchandise they release for the Lucasfilm anniversary will just be cheap shit that nobody (except diehard collectors) cares about.

If by some miracle we see an Indiana Jones box set next year (for the Raiders 40th) it'll probably be a total coincidence, more likely instigated by Williams' or Spielberg's camps than anyone at Lucasfilm.

I never had a problem with the Star Wars logo music that plays in front of every Mandalorian episode.  It sounds better than both example videos posted here

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

I never had a problem with the Star Wars logo music that plays in front of every Mandalorian episode.  It sounds better than both example videos posted here

I do... For me it feels cheap and very generic. I don't feel nothing related with Star Wars with that music.

I do 100% agree that Kathleen Kennedy should have asked John Williams to compose a proper fanfare that got recorded at the TFA sessions, and that should be used on all the movies and TV shows

On 12/3/2020 at 7:31 PM, blondheim said:

The original cuts will never be released. I am practically certain that was part of the Lucasfilm/Disney merger contract.

Yeah, I always thought this was the case. Didn't JJ Abrams say he asked around and was told "its not possible"?

I liked the silence between the 20th Century Fox logo and the blast of the main title, but with the 20th Century Fox part gone, I wouldn't mind a little fanfare to open each film.  There'll still be silence for the "a long time ago..." part

Is it?  I certainly didn't see it when I I went out to see any of the 5 theatrical Disney films.  Have they retroactively added it to the top of the Disney+ versions now that the Fox purchase is complete?

Just now, Jay said:

Have they retroactively added it to the top of the Disney+ versions now that the Fox purchase is complete?

I believe they had, thank god.