Non-Williams scores that the “general public” might recognize

WampaRat

I guess in general there might be more tv themes that are recognized by people. Game of Thrones was mentioned. And of the older persons like me might still recognize the title themes of Dallas, Dynasty or The Odd Couple. 

By the way. Does anyone here know Karel Svoboda? The guy was a genius in writing recogizable themes for children tv series in the early seventies. 

10 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I guess in general there might be more tv themes that are recognized by people. Game of Thrones was mentioned. And of the older persons like me might still recognize the title themes of Dallas, Dynasty or The Odd Couple.

Sure, but that's a whole other topic, I feel. It makes more sense to limit this to films.

10 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

By the way. Does anyone here know Karel Svoboda? The guy was a genius in writing recogizable themes for children tv series in the early seventies. 

Yes, mostly for THREE NUTS FOR CINDERELLA; which has been a Christmas staple on Norwegian TV for decades.

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Sure, but that's a whole other topic, I feel. It makes more sense to limit this to films.

Yes, mostly for THREE NUTS FOR CINDERELLA; which has been a Christmas staple on Norwegian TV for decades.

My favourites were melodies from Bee Maja and Wickie.

You don't have to play video games to appreciate music written for them - just like you don't have to have a seen a specific film to appreciate its score

Ennio Morricone's Chi Mai has definitely taken a life of its own.

Gabriel's Oboe is also probably better known in its Nella Fantasia song form, no longer primarily associated with the film.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I seriously don't know what you're talking about.

Unfortunately, I do. My suggestion is, just enjoy Gabriel's Oboe in its original form (if you like it) and do not investigate further :lol: