Which post-KOTCS JW soundtrack have you still NOT aquired (physically or as legal download)?

Jurassic Shark

I have everything Williams ever did that is available in one form or another, whether post-KOTCS or anything else. But I'm missing a couple in physical format.

40 minutes ago, Thor said:

I have everything Williams ever did that is available in one form or another, whether post-KOTCS or anything else. But I'm missing a couple in physical format.

But did you aquire everything legally? ;)

46 minutes ago, Thor said:

Everything? Ah so that'll include the expanded releases then. 

Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF

Tintin

Lincoln

Book Thief

BFG

The Post

I have a couple of tracks from Tintin and Lincoln (one of the latter is from the FYC so I can't buy it), but nothing at all from the rest.

I tried watching The Post during the summer, to see how the score worked. Turned the film off after about 20 mins. Dull beyond words.

I bought them. I bought them all. Every single one of them. 

And not just The Post. But the Book Thief...and Lincoln too. 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But did you aquire everything legally? ;)

Yes. Everything commercially available, I acquired legally. But obviously, everything completely unreleased (scores or concert works or whatever) is a different story. Sometimes, I've even made audio rips myself.

Honestly: I simply consistently forget it's a thing I should own.  I've never seen the movie and no one here hardly every talks about it or its music

I have them all. This was a very rewarding phase of Williams' career, especially the drama scores and Star Wars sequels. The only one I don't really care for is The Post. Which I blame on this:

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I tried watching The Post during the summer, to see how the score worked. Turned the film off after about 20 mins. Dull beyond words.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The fact that you still haven't aquired Fiddler must mean you know an expansion is in the works. ;)

I don't know but I don't regard Williams' adaptations as genuine original Williams scores. 

29 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Wrong. The Days Between is a great composition. I spent nine Month as a beginner to learn it on the piano and it was worth every minute of practicing. I love the piece.

You’re so right. It’s a gorgeous score from start to finish. Nothing boring about it at all.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:50 AM, Jay said:

I legally own every John Williams OST album that's ever been released on legal physical CD, except The Eiger Sanction and Fiddler on the Roof

I’m lucky in that I started collecting just before the CD era, and was able to pick up CDs as they were issued. I remember visiting Tower Records every couple of weeks in 1990/1 and being pleasantly surprised when I would find a new Varese reissue (Jaws 2, Eiger Sanction, The Fury, Earthquake, Dracula).  I lived in Japan in the early 90s and bought the Japanese issues of Space Camp (CD Club), Goodbye Mr. Chips (EMI), as well as Superman (w/the tracks missing from the US issue). 

I even called Bay City records in 1990 (no idea who I spoke with) who confirmed their release of 1941 would have the cannons just like the OST LP.

Now if I can just find the BFG FYC promo…

I had to get a lot of his OST albums later on the second hand market, but eventually got them all (except Eiger, which was too expensive.  Although I did pay a lot for Valley of the Dolls and The Reivers).

From The Patriot forward, I've gotten every JW OST album immediately upon release

9 hours ago, Jay said:

I had to get a lot of his OST albums later on the second hand market, but eventually got them all (except Eiger, which was too expensive.  Although I did pay a lot for Valley of the Dolls ...

I want that one too but....

$$$😞

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Although I did pay a lot for Valley of the Dolls and The Reivers).

I just realised I'm still missing that. I think not knowing anything about it I always confused it with Cinderella Liberty and thought I had it…

This is the most insane thread or insane comments I have seen in the history of JWfan. Why would anyone skip any of JW's modern score, knowing his mastery of scoring, the quality of the recording techniques and the performance of the orchestra?? 

9 hours ago, theBT said:

This is the most insane thread or insane comments I have seen in the history of JWfan. Why would anyone skip any of JW's modern score, knowing his mastery of scoring, the quality of the recording techniques and the performance of the orchestra?? 

You can still stream them if you haven't aquired them physically or as legal downloads. :) And we know there's lots of pirates on JWFan who are happy with illegal downloads...

Some of Williams' modern scores such as The Book Thief and The BFG are already Out Of Print on physical media, yet can still be legally streamed or purchased as a digital download.

I am missing Adventures of Tintin, Lincoln, and The Post. I honestly forget about these films / scores because I've only seen Lincoln, and only the one time and don't recall much of it. 

I had worse taste at that point as well so maybe I'll give those all a shot. I haven't heard a note of Tintin or The Post. I'm a bad JWFan.

18 hours ago, theBT said:

Because some of them are so dry in their unparalleled compositional sophistication that they make for a boring soundtrack experience? 

As far as new Williams film scores go...I haven't picked up The BFG yet, though I've heard the score and may end up buying it at some point. The Post I'm not familiar with at all. I think I've got everything else; in no particular order, my favorites are TFA, Lincoln, and War Horse. Kinda regret buying The Book Thief...I almost never feel like listening to it.