The Bad Batch - The Clone Wars Spinoff show

Faleel

Yeah but ewoks could live in real location redwood forest. Wookies live in much more large trees. That maybe didnt look as good with 1983 sfx.

and with one wookie you can make three ewok costumes

Jedi was pared back and back and back until all that was left was a battle in the forest and Death Star II. Lucas really felt hard done by Empire and its cost overruns. It may be apocryphal but Lucas reportedly said on seeing Empire (after it had almost cost him ownership of Star Wars) "It didn't have to be THAT good."

Also Wookies by that point were shown to be proficient with technology and he wanted his "technologically inferior forces can defeat a superior one" story. Mind you they never showed the scene where the Imperials hunkered down safely in the bunker while the entire forest was burned to the ground for some reason.

12 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Suposedly making kashyyk and wookies would have costed too much.

9 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Hah possible. Although it does show a bit of a failure of imagination not to conceive how they could be portrayed as strong, loyal warriors who would obviously want to fight alongside the rebellion.

Depressingly, that doesn’t unlikely even when the two prior films are two of the highest grossing of all time and therefore you might want to, you know, push the boat out for your final (“final”) episode.

It's definitely this, that's why the Ewoks are half the size (maybe even less) than the average Wookiee. Even with a handsome budget, Chewbacca's full costume costs a lot to make, especially for a situation where there's going to be many of them, maybe at least 6 hero costumes too (you can skimp a bit on the ones in the background)

13 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

Was neat to see Kinrath from KOTOR 1 again, although not unsurprising given models were created for the cancelled Clone Wars Kashyyyk arc, as can be seen in the released animatics
Kinrath.webp

Kinraths_in_TCW.webp

Hadn't heard of this arc, do you have 

links to any more info?

For Clone War's the only remaining complete arc animatics I've seen are the Utapau ones. Then there's the Dark Disciple arc and whatever the Boba Fett Vs Cad Bane scene was from have made their way online, are there any more?

As far as wookiees in ROTJ, my understanding was finding enough actors that were 7ft+ and creating costumes for them was more expensive compared to hiring uumm people of smaller stature. 

As for the latest episode it again was kind of predictable but overall still enjoyable. I think the show is starting to go heavy on Omega being force sensitive. Although now I'm not sure if it's Cid that sells out the Bad Batch, but whatever happens it still feels like Omega will be captured by the Empire and if it's not Cid calling in favours, it'll be the Bad Batch asking Millegi, Gungi and the other wookiees, plus any other characters we meet to help in her rescue.

7 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Hadn't heard of this arc, do you have 

links to any more info?

For Clone War's the only remaining complete arc animatics I've seen are the Utapau ones. Then there's the Dark Disciple arc and whatever the Boba Fett Vs Cad Bane scene was from have made their way online, are there any more?

As far as wookiees in ROTJ, my understanding was finding enough actors that were 7ft+ and creating costumes for them was more expensive compared to hiring uumm people of smaller stature. 

As for the latest episode it again was kind of predictable but overall still enjoyable. I think the show is starting to go heavy on Omega being force sensitive. Although now I'm not sure if it's Cid that sells out the Bad Batch, but whatever happens it still feels like Omega will be captured by the Empire and if it's not Cid calling in favours, it'll be the Bad Batch asking Millegi, Gungi and the other wookiees, plus any other characters we meet to help in her rescue.

Yep, they released this footage at the Untold Clone Wars panel: 

As you can see it's extremely similar to what we got in the recent episode

All fair comments on Ewoks instead of Wookies - I guess these days it would be easier with CGI and ridiculous budgets, but I still feel it's a bit of a missed opportunity and I think ROTJ would be better regarded if it hadn't gone all cute with Ewoks (even if it never got to Empire levels of popularity/quality).

On 03/02/2023 at 11:26 AM, DarthDementous said:

Yep, they released this footage at the Untold Clone Wars panel: 

As you can see it's extremely similar to what we got in the recent episode

Well certainly the creature designs are the same, I wonder though would the overall theme of learning to be one with nature and working with it would of been the outcome of this arc?

On 03/02/2023 at 3:26 PM, Tom Guernsey said:

All fair comments on Ewoks instead of Wookies - I guess these days it would be easier with CGI and ridiculous budgets, but I still feel it's a bit of a missed opportunity and I think ROTJ would be better regarded if it hadn't gone all cute with Ewoks (even if it never got to Empire levels of popularity/quality).

Logistics aside, wholeheartedly agree that wookiees would have better and helped ROTJ be higher regarded, not sure if it'd reach Empire levels as there's still plenty that give ROTJ a more kid friendly feel (I know that's always been the target audience but coming off Empire ROTJ has a more childish sense of humour about it outside of the Ewoks).

5 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

Well certainly the creature designs are the same, I wonder though would the overall theme of learning to be one with nature and working with it would of been the outcome of this arc?

The last episode had an overall theme?

Was to be expected. Exited to listen to it.

Today's episode was good. I felt that it was more of a setup for something that is going to happen next week. Although I thought the character development with Tech & Omega was great.

I really hope they get the Marauder back... I wasn't aware I had such strong feelings about that ship...

The dower feel of the group without Echo is a welcome development after such a dry goodbye last episode, and it's just great to go inside Tech's headspace.

I missed last week so I haven't been here until I could catch up.

That was a solid couple of episodes. I loved the interaction between Tech and Echo. Really good music too.

I missed that the new music was out! Yay! I went straight to The Emperor's Play. Does anyone have any favorites?

Great day to be a Star Wars fan. Todays episode was great. Lot's happened and it really moved the story forward.

I find the whole cloning storyline very interesting and am curious what they're gonna do with it.

Surprised it was a Zillo Beast, I figured they mixed a Xenomorph and a Zillo, but no. It's getting frustrating seeing Palpatine win again and again in this time period, but that's how things have to roll. I remember most people considering Lama Su being dead in his room back in Season 1, so it was surprising seeing him alive and back in action, though I don't know exactly what will happen to the people that witnessed of the Zillo Beast.

Another great episode!!

It's so interesting to see Crosshair doubt the choices he made. Makes him really sympathetic. He's such a great character!

And I can't believe he actually shot the lieutenant.

And what are they doing to him? Are they cloning him again? I'm really curious what they going to do in the final 4 episodes

8 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

And I can't believe he actually shot the lieutenant.

First thing I thought when that lieutenant showed up, was that Crosshair was gonna shoot him. He just had an amazing punchable face, Bad Batch really going all out on punchable faces.

I was also immediately endeared by the surviving clones and heartbroken when Mayday died, so much so that I wan't even happy about Crosshair shooting lieutenant punchable face. Once again, they are truly making the Empire awful.

Theses last few episodes have been really good, did enjoy the Clone Conspiracy two parter, honestly didn't see Rampart being thrown under the bus like that, and the Emperor turning it to his advantage was great, McDiarmid was fantastic, got chills. 

The following two episode arch, the whole boss is living better than the workers and not being honest about it and the workers turning on him isn't exactly original but the whole scene on those bridges was really great and seeing everyone turn on Mokko and deciding how to run the mines afterwards was really good.

Also didn't expect to see more of the Kaminoans, and bringing the Zillo beast back was a nice surprise, really enjoyed the episode leaning in on those horror tropes. 

And really enjoyed this latest episode. Mayday was a great addition, and seeing Crosshairs grow because of him was interesting. The Bad Batch had seen the way things were going but Crosshairs didn't want to hear it. Now after the missions with Cody and Mayday he's finally coming around, only to be brought to Wetland. Looking forward to seeing what happens with him. Wondering if the final will be about the Bad Batch going to save him?

I really do not know how this season will end, I had an idea that the Empire would show up in Pabu and take Omega, but they might bring her with them to Mount Tantiss! There was a focus on the scientist who kept Crosshair alive right at the end, so she might be an ally too. Couldn't stop smiling when they showed the Batch thriving in Pabu, and Echo's arrival was so well done, Omega hugging him melted my heart. The animated shows usually manage to throw so much into 20 minutes, that I don't doubt next week's two-parter will be phenomenal, can't wait!

I think the mando verse is going to end in a retelling of the thrawn trilogy by timothy zahn, thrawn if going to return to the galaxy and go to mount tantiss to get the cloning technology and build his army. Instead of joruss cbaoth, the jedi clone probably is going to be snoke, and that is how the new republic will know about him. Maybe luke skywalker hand with anakin saber will make an appearance to make the luke clone… and thats how the saber will end in maz kanatas hands… i think the protagonista will be  mando, ahsoka, ezra, sabine… instead of the OT cast though.

wishfull thinking…

definately omega + grogu will be the key to clone palpatine.

Good episode, this show is genuinely good when it focuses on the struggles of the Clones in a post Order 66 world, I like the idea of some of them banding together to form a network to get other dispossessed clones out of danger. Definitely feel the dread for the inevitable reveal of what Hemlock's experiments with the Clones are going to be.

Also tone was very on point, felt very moody and dire, helped by some absolutely gorgeous gothic establishing shots of the Advanced Science bases

8 hours ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

I really do not know how this season will end, I had an idea that the Empire would show up in Pabu and take Omega, but they might bring her with them to Mount Tantiss!

Yeah seems like Bad Batch is going to take the fight to the Empire, likely to avoid even more damage to Pabu which is a good call. Although I can still very much sense tragedy in the future towards their plans of living an idyllic life on Pabu, as Andor shows the Empire reaches every planet eventually, even if it's a beach resort planet

Also was wondering why Mount Tantiss was so familiar, that’s where the Emperor’s Spa’arti cloning cylinders were in Heir to the Empire. Seems like a sensible allusion to the old canon

I wonder if they are going to use the "wayland" name at all? perhaps for when the Batch figures out the location.

Yeah… i mean with long animes i can understand about filler episodes… but with these short seasons, they really should be telling the main story in each episode. But i suppose the idea instead of telling it in one season, is spreading the meaty episodes throughout several seasons. Same happens with mandalorian, to some extent. 
the scsry thing is you never know when disney may decide to cancel these shows.

we got lucky clone wars was able to end…

6 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

Good episode, this show is genuinely good when it focuses on the struggles of the Clones in a post Order 66 world, I like the idea of some of them banding together to form a network to get other dispossessed clones out of danger. Definitely feel the dread for the inevitable reveal of what Hemlock's experiments with the Clones are going to be.

Agreed. I caught up with this as I was catching up with Mando and Andor this week and this season so far was WAY better than the first. It didn't feel the need to exclusively focus on clones getting assigned a boring mission by Danny Devito's wife. I barely cared about Kamino getting bombed to death at the end of season 1, but there were moments I really cared during season 2. I think the need to not exclusively follow the Bad Batch helped with that.

I wonder if it was done that way on purpose. Kind of like how we look back so fondly on Clone Wars but season 1 was very meh, and things only started getting interesting and seeming worth telling the story in its season 2.

The first 6 episodes of this season were really boring, but since the mid season double episode, this is really going in the right direction ! However, I kinda feel that the end of the season is predictable : Cid will sell Omega to the Empire, Crosshair will discover that, they’ll try to escape together, helped by Cody, Rex and the Bad Batch, and the whole team will reunite. 
Anyway, I really hope I’m wrong… Can’t wait for being surprised next week !

4 minutes ago, Benhip said:

The first 6 episodes of this season were really boring, but since the mid season double episode, this is really going in the right direction ! However, I kinda feel that the end of the season is predictable : Cid will sell Omega to the Empire, Crosshair will discover that, they’ll try to escape together, helped by Cody, Rex and the Bad Batch, and the whole team will reunite. 
Anyway, I really hope I’m wrong… Can’t wait for being surprised next week !

I think, Crosshair won't make it. Either he will be moribund before they can save him or sacrifice himself for the others. I am sure the writers want to save the effort to reintegrate him into the team and setup a relationship between him and Omega and Echo. It is much easier to let him die. These Disney writers are lazy.

Season 2 - 2-part finale

That was excellent!

The penultimate episode was good. It was fun, lot's of character interacting. Great action.

But that final episode was incredible!!!!!

I can't believe that Tech actually died. I gkt quite emotional. I'm kind of pissed of about it, but he went out in a great way. And that last line he said was brilliant. Great writing.

The shots after that from Omega's perspective were really cool.

And damn you Cid, I never liked her and she just fully double, triple crossed them. She's awful.

And it was a great reveal that Omega has a sister. I thought it was an interesting choice that that character also had an Australian accent, so it makes a lot sense now. The room with all the clones and Crosshair was really creepy. It really looks like they're cloning Palpatine or making Snoke. It's realy cool.

I think it's a really ballsy move ending a season in this way. I can't really describe how I feel, but I feel a bit empty. So much happened and I'm really sad about Tech (maybe he's not dead?🤞🏼).

I really hope they make a season 3 and that it arrives soon, because this is some of the best Star Wars ever and it's a shame that not a lot of people are watching it just because it's animated. It's soo great!

Only Star Wars animation pulls my heartstrings this way. I'm in denial that Tech died, I'll be happy ifit's a fake out, he could have lost his glasses using his cable to grab something and hit his head! :crymore: And Sid knowing their loss, still betrayed them.

It's the only time I genually disliked Saw, even knowing he didn't planted bombs to hit the big guys, he still jeopardize the Batch's mission, and the hanger was completely destroyed, so he could have waited Hemlock to flee and then blow up the hanger with everyone else leaving too (though, great variation with his theme). They really captured Krennic's likeness, I shouted KRENNIC! even before Tarkin spoke his name. I laughed when the mining tunnel from that episode everyone considered filler back in Season 1 was used here.

As for Tech's arc this season, looking back it was kinda clear he would be a key part of the finale, since episode he's been developed, but there's still so much more that can be done with him, Fee and him have some surprisingly good chemistry, and that scene started my worries.

I really wasn't expecting to end like this, but the key episodes of this season showed time and time again, that Palpatine is gonna win either way, so once again, when everything is going great.... They lost Kamino and Crosshair, they lost Tech, at this pace, this series will end in season 5 with only Omega left.

I don't get why Omega has that (annoying, sorry) accent (and this new character has the same one) when the clones don't sound like them at all.

Or is it the same accent but it sounds different when different actors have it? Always wondered why.