The Bad Batch - The Clone Wars Spinoff show

Faleel

On 29/02/2024 at 5:52 AM, greenturnedblue said:

Did all the creatures escaping remind anyone else of Jurassic park? 

Gallimimus-herd.jpg

I swear some of the creatures even made similar sounds too

On 28/02/2024 at 2:34 AM, Tallguy said:

It was more fun than the two Omega episodes. (Not better, just more fun.)

I did not find them exploring yet another derelict ship/factory/base ruin whilst fighting a random monster all for the sake of something that was completely inconsequential to the story fun. Without meaningful context action is hideously dull

Episode 5 is in my opinion a great episode again.

There are gonna be people that will claim it as a "filler" episode. But like some of us agreed above I don't like that term and whatever it means, it's certainly not true for this episode.

Here is was all about the relationships between The Bad Batch themselves and this episode worked with that tremendously. I love how they don't shy away from the conflict between Hunter & Crosshair and how incredibly lived in they both feel. These are some of the best characters written in SW. Crosshair especially is such an interesting and complex one.

I also want to mention that the directing and animation this season is better than it has ever been in SW animation. The colors, cameramovements and little details make it all so interesting to watch.

Ps. Kiner & Co' music this episode was really outstanding!

Pps. We got a snowworm instead of a sandworm. Hahah

2 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Pps. We got a snowworm instead of a sandworm. Hahah

What a coincidence that this one ended up so close to Dune's premiere :lol:

BIG (and necessary) episode for Crosshair, who missed completely the point of Pabu and went straight into training, we got our first mention of Tech, but later Crosshair shoving in Hunter's face his failure gives me the impression he doesn't know the especifics of how he died... if he does know, that was a low blow even for him.

The Return of Echo, the team as a whole, to the base and their bonds, the expectations were high for this episode because of the title but what we got was better than the alternative. When Sean/Deana posted their crypt tweet I hoped that we would hear that motif associated with Mayday, was not disappointed, love that piece of music (though it does remind me of the beginning of "Great Lenoptryx" from Avatar).

Hunter and Crosshair's "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" moment was expected and well done, everyone on the team doing their part and Crosshair finding a use for his rifle beyond killing was a great conclusion. Him fixing Mayday's memorial to his fallen brothers was also great as the remark him and Echo had about the "purpose" of the base. Crosshair's relationship with Omega is a joy to watch now, I wasn't really expecting their relationship being "big sister-little brother", but I'm here for it.

1 hour ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

Crosshair's relationship with Omega is a joy to watch now, I wasn't really expecting their relationship being "big sister-little brother", but I'm here for it.

That's totally what it's like, didn't even think of it in that way yet!

Episodes 6 & 7

Well, that was very exciting!!

Great direction and animation again!

The action scenes were especially designed very well. As was the way the operative sneaked into the castle. It almost became a bit of a horror.

I also thought the dialogue at the end was very strong between Rex & Wolf!

This is really shaping up to be the best season!

Rex can't catch a break.

These ones were not what I expected. Right at the start we have returning characters and planet from a couple of so-called "filler" episodes, we pick up on Rex's storyline but Crosshair also gets development, fighting "himself" in a way as Clone X, it's fascinating that him being a Bad Batch kinda saved his life, and Clone X lived to fight another day.

Wolffe in the episode but not going with Rex kinda implies he's going to leave in a less drastic measure, that explains a bit why he was so eager to contact the Empire in Rebels.

What kinda pushes back the episodes is that all the characters are getting informations we already know (or at least speculated), but I believe now that everyone already knows everything and Crosshair had his fight with his demons, we'll pick up the pace.

Was that Teth?

Episodes were kinda darkly lit.

On 13/03/2024 at 4:11 PM, Faleel said:

Was that Teth?

Episodes were kinda darkly lit.

Yes, and yes. Had to rewatch them last night.

E08, new planet, new creature, animation was stellar as always... But I'm getting a bit worried they're leaving too much for the last chunk of episodes, we already passed the halfway point now and this was a mission to get information for another mission... or at least that's what I thought until the final scene.

I'm sure I'll have a better appreciation for these episodes when I have all the pieces, I wasn't really feeling like that in S01 and S02, but knowing this is the final season made me very aware of the pacing.

Omega and Crosshair's growing relationship is heartwarming to witness, and I for sure thought we would be getting flashbacks when he started meditating. His thing this episode was asking "Who? What? When?" and that brought me a chuckle every time. I still love these characters and I'm happy to spend 20 minutes with them.

And Fennec was there too.

I'm not looking forward to next week if she did what I think she did... Showing Pabu this episode wasn't a great sign.

Haven't watched today's ep yet.

I'm loving Omega and Crosshair's relationship but it would be nice to see Wrecker and Hunter with her a bit more.

You know Lucas likes to say that the PT and the OT is "Darth Vader's story". (Which I disagree with.) But Bad Batch is really turning out to be Crosshair's.

My kids picked up on who Wolffe is before I did. I'm raising nerds!

So, any guesses as to who Mulan is ratting them out to?

I'm assuming Boba will show up before the end of the show, but he's still a kid now. Also, I have NO idea where this will end up.

9 hours ago, Tallguy said:

So, any guesses as to who Mulan is ratting them out to?

I'm assuming Boba will show up before the end of the show, but he's still a kid now. Also, I have NO idea where this will end up.

My guess is Asajj Ventress.

Wouldn't be surprised if Boba turns up at some point as Daniel Logan did voice some clones at the start of the season. 

Yeah, there was something different about the animation in this episode and that was really showcased in their fight. Pabu without a sunny sky was a big red herring for me as I thought this was the one where the Empire gets there... sounds like I was an episode too early.

I have no clue how this show is gonna end, but this episode made me contemplate the possibility of Omega parting ways with the Batch (sure, if the Batch even survives). Will Omega be able to use the Force (in a traditional way, as I'm sure she already uses it unknowingly) by the end of the series? Lots of questions and a lot to happen yet, this was basically a calm before the storm.

Looks like Aha Music is still not recognising the OST, so it's going to take me much longer sort this than normal, unfortunately.

What do you mean?

You mean to sort which cues belong in which episodes?

I think this album is a bit more straightforward than the previous seasons.

5 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

What do you mean?

You mean to sort which cues belong in which episodes?

I think this album is a bit more straightforward than the previous seasons.

Yes, to figure out the chronological order and where exactly each cue included is from.

On 27/03/2024 at 9:48 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

Episode 9 x The Harbinger

Loved this!! Asajj Ventress has always been one of my favourite characters, so I loved seeing her here.

Her fight scene with the Bad Batch, was extremely well done. Great choreograhpy and animation. I'm impressed by the animation each episode, it's just so inctedibly good. If you compare this to the Clone Wars film, it's remarkable!

The animation is very good. But it still looks weird, when people are just walking. I don't get, why they cannot make that look better.

On 27/03/2024 at 9:48 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

There was also some really great music in here. The statement of the bad batch theme during the fight was great and there were some really beautiful moments with Ventress & Omega.

There is a lot that I like about this series, the story, the characters.

But the music is not one of these things. 

For me of all animated Star Wars shows this one has the least interesting score.

13 minutes ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

Weird, the show is main-crediting Sean and Deana, but the album keeps Kevin as the sole composer... annoying.

Yeah, strange

25 minutes ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

Weird, the show is main-crediting Sean and Deana, but the album keeps Kevin as the sole composer... annoying.

At-least they and the rest of the composers are credited on the individual tracks, as always.

1 hour ago, Gabriel Bezerra said:

Yeah, seems like “Kevin Kiner” is practically like a band/company name at this point. Don’t forget, they pulled the same thing when they released the singles “The Bad Batch Theme” and “Enter the Bad Batch.” Both tracks was written by Sean, yet Kevin got the cover credit.