The Bad Batch - The Clone Wars Spinoff show

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Kevin deserves a bit more praise than he is given. I really admire the work he's done with both The Clone Wars and Rebels, especially his original themes. No one is the Maestro, but Kevin's wo

A Luke's Jedi Academy animated series is really what they need at this point. You get your young Luke Skywalker and try to repair his image after the sequels, like what Clone Wars did for Anakin, and

I think the clone-centric episodes were nice as an occasional break from the Jedi action on Clone Wars, but were never my favorites. I'd be more interested in seeing animation start to cover the post ROTJ or sequel era in a meaningful way.  Still, I'll watch the show, and hopefully it captures my interest! 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I think the clone-centric episodes were nice as an occasional break from the Jedi action on Clone Wars, but were never my favorites. I'd be more interested in seeing animation start to cover the post ROTJ or sequel era in a meaningful way.  Still, I'll watch the show, and hopefully it captures my interest! 

A Luke's Jedi Academy animated series is really what they need at this point. You get your young Luke Skywalker and try to repair his image after the sequels, like what Clone Wars did for Anakin, and a Jedi Academy is an opportunity for tons of new characters and like Clone Wars did, dive deep into the creepy, mysterious parts of the Star Wars universe to explore new things.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. I watched the fist five minutes of the original Clone Wars "movie" and thought, nope. Turned it off and haven't watched any SW animation since. Don't suppose I'll start now.

The Bad Batch arc's script/voicework/storyboarding was completed back in the days before TCW was first canceled.  It was one of those "lost storylines" - others of which they've utilized in other fashions (releasing animatic versions on DVD, adapting into comics, etc.).  I'd imagine that at the time, it was not intended to be a backdoor pilot to a new series - just a filler arc that resolved some dangling clonetrooper storylines from previous episodes and introduced new/recurring series characters.

16 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Yeah. I watched the fist five minutes of the original Clone Wars "movie" and thought, nope. Turned it off and haven't watched any SW animation since. Don't suppose I'll start now.

Even the hardest of hardcore Clone Wars fans hate the movie. If you really want to know what the show is all about, watch Season 7's Mandalore arc.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

Even the hardest of hardcore Clone Wars fans hate the movie. If you really want to know what the show is all about, watch Season 7's Mandalore arc.

That’s not a very ideal way to start the show because that arc relies on you having had experience and investment with these original characters. To a newcomer I expect it will come off rather naff and melodramatic, plus they’ll likely be confused as to 

Spoiler

why Maul is alive

2 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

That’s not a very ideal way to start the show because that arc relies on you having had experience and investment with these original characters. To a newcomer I expect it will come off rather naff and melodramatic, plus they’ll likely be confused as to 

Reveal hidden contents

True, true. My point is that the movie is not what the entire series as a whole should be judged upon.