Lucasfilm announces a bunch of new Star Wars Projects

Faleel

Chris Pine spoke with Patty Jenkins about Rogue Squadron. He then said:

“I had spoken to [Patty Jenkins] about, not my involvement, but the story. She talked to me about it, it sounds really, really great. … If there’s anyone that can reimagine and breathe fresh, new life into it, it’s her.”

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/12/chris-pines-thoughts-on-patty-jenkins-directing-star-wars-says-rogue-squadron-story-sounds-great.html

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I imagine she was given plenty of warnings as the comments were escalating over a period of months.  All she had to do is delete her social media and keep her opinions between herself and her personal acquaintances. She threw away millions, and probably her career, for absolutely nothing.

Did we know for sure she was gonna be involved with that particular series? Admittedly, I haven't watched much of Mando, so that'll likely have my answer there.

21 minutes ago, HunterTech said:

Did we know for sure she was gonna be involved with that particular series? Admittedly, I haven't watched much of Mando, so that'll likely have my answer there.

It was set up in season 2 of Mandalorian when she is approached by the New Republic pilot, so I think its safe to assume that was supposed to be a staring vehicle for her.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Jay said:

Okay, serious question: How is Ming-Na Wen 57 years old? Like damn, the woman in that photo looks like she's in college (graduate school, at least). Is she a vampire?

Yavar

I would love Powell to come back or someone new to this univers like Newman or Silvestri and why not William Ross (after all he has conducted partially the previous movie and is quite talented but he would be better to keep for Waititi's movie though)

Even so there's would be only one right choice!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jay said:

Definitely BS. The "leaker" just said they heard it from a friend, and didn't provide any sources.

Interesting how that rumour popped up just a few days before it was announced that Rogue Squadron is delayed indefinitely... might be some truth to it?

I'll watch anything Rian Johnson directs but he looks pretty tied up with Knives Out sequels for Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahsoka has found its Sabine Wren in Natasha Liu Bordizzo, who will be the co-lead of the Disney Plus limited series opposite to Rosario Dawson’s Ahsoka Tano. Sabine was first portrayed by voice actress Tiya Sircar.

Sabine-Wren-Natasha-Liu-Bordizzo-Ahsoka.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2021/11/ahsoka-casts-natasha-liu-bordizzo-as-sabine-wren.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Cool!

And here's a link to the cover story

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/star-wars-cover-the-rebellion-will-be-televised

Had this been announced before?

First up is Ewan McGregor’s return to his role as a weary Jedi master in exile. Obi-Wan Kenobi debuts May 27, tracking the character 10 years into his time on the desert world of Tatooine, where he serves as a distant guardian to young Luke Skywalker and is hunted by a dark side “Inquisitor” named Reva (played by The Queen’s Gambit’s Moses Ingram). Luna’s spy saga, Andor, hits screens late this summer. Season three of The Mandalorian, reuniting Pedro Pascal’s helmeted gunfighter with his little green ward (you know who), drops in late 2022 or early 2023. Next year, Rosario Dawson will lead the series Ahsoka, playing the live-action version of a fan-favorite Force wielder from animation who was once an apprentice to Anakin Skywalker. Slightly further off is The Acolyte, with a tale set about a century before the era of the Skywalkers.

Pretty interesting details about that show:

The Acolyte, Headland says, takes place roughly 100 years before The Phantom Menace: “A lot of those characters haven’t even been born yet. We’re taking a look at the political and personal and spiritual things that came up in a time period that we don’t know much about. My question when watching The Phantom Menace was always like, ‘Well, how did things get to this point?’ How did we get to a point where a Sith lord can infiltrate the Senate and none of the Jedi pick up on it? Like, what went wrong? What are the scenarios that led us to this moment?”

Headland describes The Acolyte as a mystery thriller set in a prosperous and seemingly peaceful era, when the galaxy is still sleek and glistening. “We actually use the term the Renaissance, or the Age of Enlightenment,” she says. Jedis were not always ascetic monklike figures living selflessly and bravely. “The Jedi uniforms are gold and white, and it’s almost like they would never get dirty. They would never be out and about,” Headland says. “The idea is that they could have these types of uniforms because that’s how little they’re getting into skirmishes.”