Lucasfilm announces a bunch of new Star Wars Projects

Faleel

LUCASFILM Sued!

for ‘Egregious’ Firing of Producer on ‘Star Wars’ Series ‘The Acolyte’

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/lucasfilm-sued-firing-producer-the-acolyte-star-wars-karyn-mccarthy-1235547059/

Can you provide some commentary or at least the headline or a brief summary of the article instead of naked links?  Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

Can you provide some commentary or at least the headline or a brief summary of the article instead of naked links?  Thanks.

Does that work?

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Remember: it's like poetry. It has to rhyme.

No problem. I’ll just throw it into ChatGPT. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Christ… cant they just make content and stop announcing about hiring the latest trendy prize winners that in the end may not end doing anything?

They must've been hired a long time ago since filming already wrapped last year and the show is coming out in a few months.

On 15/03/2022 at 2:37 PM, Jay said:

Latest rumor is that Damon Lindelof is developing a Stars project

Lindelof, Britt-Gibson Exit “Star Wars”

Screenwriters Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson have reportedly exited the upcoming “Star Wars” film project they were attached to.

Lindelof and Britt-Gibson turned in a draft of the script in mid-February and parted ways with the project just days later.

Let it be said that unlike Jenkins, Lucasfilm never announced a Lindelof project, so they seem to be learning.  The trades only ever cited sources familiar with the production and could never get LFL to comment. Fan sites apparently will work themselves into a froth over any studio development, though.

18 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Christ… cant they just make content and stop announcing about hiring the latest trendy prize winners that in the end may not end doing anything?

This is what happens when you have a franchise that has no vision, no direction.  And that comes from a lack of leadership.

9 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

It really, truly is a television franchise now, I suppose.

1983-1999. 2005-2015. 2019---

I wouldn't give up on movies just yet. I just might only give up on movies SOON.

2 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

1983-1999. 2005-2015. 2019---

The difference is between 1983 and 1999, and between 2005 and 2015, not at lot of Star Wars content was pumped-out to television, whereas today... there's an entire audience now who is almost entirely weaned on Star Wars TV content, and in whose mind some of that TV content leaves a more vivid image than any recent forays into film.

I think that's significant. They'll make more movies, no doubt, but I think for years to come, people of a certain generation will remember Star Wars for its streaming content, not for anything they saw at the multiplex.

10 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

I think that's significant. They'll make more movies, no doubt, but I think for years to come, people of a certain generation will remember Star Wars for its streaming content, not for anything they saw at the multiplex.

I see your point, but how many people who went to see the SE's in 1997 were seeing Star Wars in the cinema for the first time? That was a whole generation who thought Star Wars was something you saw on video tape!

The article makes it clear they directed an episode (or more) during main photography last year, they just weren't announced until now.

Same thing happened with Mando season 3, where none of the directors were announced until 2 months before the season started, though they had already been filmed the year before

Steven Knight to Write New ‘Star Wars’ Movie

“Peaky Blinders” creator Steven Knight is set to write the screenplay for the untitled “Star Wars” movie that Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (“Ms. Marvel”) is attached to direct, as original screenwriters Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson have departed the project.

Knight is a veteran screenwriter who launched his career specializing in gritty crime dramas like 2002’s “Dirty Pretty Things” and 2007’s “Eastern Promises,” eventually branching out to lighthearted dramedies (2014’s “The Hundred-Foot Journey”), war thrillers (2016’s “Allied”), and biopics (2021’s “Spencer”). He also created and executive produced the BBC period crime drama “Peaky Blinders,” which streams on Netflix in the US.

oprah-you.gif

You get a Star Wars! You get a Star Wars! You get a Star Wars!