Who will write music for Indiana Jones 5 (2022)?

Fabulin

Who will write music for Indiana Jones 5 (2022)?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will write music for Indiana Jones 5 (2022)?

• John Williams
    • John Powell
    • Marco Beltrami
    • Giacchino et al.
    • someone else

This poll is closed to new votes

Williams, once they cast Daisy Ridley as Indy's long lost daughter, because no one else is allowed to write her theme. 

I still think Williams will do this, if he's able to.

Spielberg wouldn't want anyone else to compose the score and he's an influential voice in the room for any sequel (regardless of who directs).

Plus Marshall and Kennedy also producing, and Williams worked with Abrams & Johnson at Kennedy's behest, so...

I can't see any reason Williams would decline, barring health issues. He would be desperate to get back in front of the studio orchestra right now (and probably keen to help the struggling LA musicians who haven't been able to work on large symphonic scores this year).

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

I can't see any reason Williams would decline, barring health issues. He would be desperate to get back in front of the studio orchestra right now (and probably keen to help the struggling LA musicians who haven't been able to work on large symphonic scores this year).

Not to mention he's probably blown all his Star Wars millions during lockdown, so he's got to do something for a quick buck.

I doubt Williams will do this, now that Spielberg has been reduced to producer capacity. So I voted Powell simply because I hope it will be him, based on his fine work on SOLO. Please, don't let Giacchino or Göransson or Desplat anywhere NEAR this, I beg to higher powers!

Time will tell.

Powel, Göransson or Giacchino would come with their awful techno percussion, that I don't want to hear in an Indy movie.

They probably could hire Desplat and fire him two month before go live and then James Newton Howard will create... something.

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Nor HanZ. ;)

I also don't want that Pirates of the Caribean sound in an Indy movie.

To be honest, I don't want the movie at all, I just want the soundtrack from John Williams.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Sure, I'd be open to that. But it's so unlikely, it's not even worth mentioning.

I'm glad you're open to HanZ not scoring Indy V. :)

I also agree it's unlikely he won't score the film, alas.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

I don't think Williams would decline.

This. I don't see any reason why Williams would turn this score down. We all know he will have first right of refusal.

He did Star Wars without Lucas or anyone associated with the original trilogy, mostly because Kathy Kennedy was running Lucasfilm.

With Indy, he has Kennedy, Spielberg and Marshall all producing the film. The only way Williams doesn't score this film is if Williams himself isn't interested.

Just now, crumbs said:

This. I don't see any reason why Williams would turn this score down. We all know he will have first right of refusal.

Well, they went ahead with Rogue One without him knowing anything about it.

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Well, they went ahead with Rogue One without him knowing anything about it.

I very much doubt this is the case. Supposedly he recommended Desplat for the job.

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I very much doubt this is the case. Supposedly he recommended Desplat for the job.

I thought I read somewhere that he was surprised they were doing a SW film without him getting offered to score it.

23 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

Why would he want to score some side-quest movie?

18 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That's probably what they were thinking.

That's probably what he was thinking! 

Williams: 'Wait, so this film doesn't have Daisy in it?

Kennedy: No, John. That's the other Star Wars you're working on.

Williams:'Oh, right, Yes...

...Other?

264x264.jpg

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Please, don't let Giacchino or Göransson or Desplat 

I think Göransson is likely massively overrated right now, but what do you think about his Mandalorian theme? 

Don't even ask.

But if Powell doesn't get it, there are plenty of other candidates. Some seem like a great fit, like Joel McNeely. But he will never be asked. So the pool is really among those that are 'hot and heavy' these days.