Who will write music for Indiana Jones 5 (2022)?

Fabulin

Who will write music for Indiana Jones 5 (2022)?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will write music for Indiana Jones 5 (2022)?

• John Williams
    • John Powell
    • Marco Beltrami
    • Giacchino et al.
    • someone else

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Well, McNeely can certainly do a good job imitating JW!😉

True although he probably sounds more himself these days, but could do a good job balancing imitation with his own musical personality. However, I do think that JW would do it just to round out the series and for SS, even if he's only the producer.

13 hours ago, Quintus said:

Of the ones I've heard I'd say The Mandalorian is the best TV theme of the past twenty years. It is excellent.

Though, the rest of the underscore is so so. 

Yes, one of the best things about the score is how he utilizes the theme, but everything else is disappointing synth garbage.

I keep reading they said this was going to be the last indy film. It would be weird by williams not to want to score the whole series....

He can at least write a ton of new themes and let bill ross do his magic....

4 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I keep reading they said this was going to be the last indy film. It would be weird by williams not to want to score the whole series....

He can at least write a ton of new themes and let bill ross do his magic....

So  basically just like any other JW score.

11 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Some of the best TV themes of the last decade were The X-Files, Twin Peaks, Seaquest DSV, Xena, etc. Mandalorian is pretty good too.

None of those themes are from the last decade, though?

Cousin (?) of Rian Johnson and his composer on every film they made... except for The Last Jedi which, being a Star Wars movie, was scored by John Williams.

This seems to be LFL's modus operandi when it comes to their main franchises. It's why I believe they'll at least ask Williams if he's interested, and he probably will be.

If he's not, well... start dreading the Marco Beltrami (and others) Indiana Jones score.

Gordy Haab would do a splendid job. He's proven himself to be able to work within the Williams sound, and he's even had experience in the Indiana Jones series, with the Staff of Kings game. If they want Indy 5 to fit in with the other 4 films, and they are unable to get Williams to come back, I'd die to hear a Haab score -- perhaps Williams would even be generous enough to pen a new theme or two?

On the other hand, The Mandalorian is the best proove that even for those franchises, for which Williams created a unique sound, nowadays on the producer's side including Kathleen Kennedy no one is interested in that kind of unique sound anymore.

With the Star Wars sequels we were very very lucky to get three full new Star Wars soundtracks from Williams.

But let us face it, it seems the only filmmaker interested in Williams music as an own value beside the film seems to be Steven Spielberg.

I would say meanwhile the concert hall is the area where Williams music get the most appreciation. So, it makes sense for him for the years to come to concentrate on that. Not movie soundtracks.

Let him write more concertos, another symphony, a ballet. Whatever.

I think, he has written enough sountracks.

Yes, ask him to write a theme for Indy 5. But all the struggle with editing his music to pieces and just use two out of 12 hours of written music.

I think, he deserves better.

2 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Let him write more concertos, another symphony, a ballet. Whatever.

I think, he has written enough sountracks.

Yes, ask him to write a theme for Indy 5. But all the struggle with editing his music to pieces and just use two out of 12 hours of written music.

I think, he deserves better.

I'd be completely fine with that actually. He doesn't need to waste time for this.

Williams has become terribly stale with the underscore of his franchises, especially Star Wars and Indy. Yes, let him do a few theme suites, that's where he's best at and can apply his matured blockbuster style, and employ someone to write around that. 

That way, I can also not bother with the rest of the score in the first place and just keep the suites. 

Just now, Thor said:

Piano sonata, Conversations, Scherzo for Piano and Orchestra.

I would love to hear him compose a concert work  -something like " Across the Moon " .

Anything like that on record?

Thanks!