Has ANYBODY ever sold or traded something here?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's two thousand and twenty.  There just aren't that many people on Earth that buy and swap CDs any more.

That's very comforting. Thanks.

We don't want your used CDs!   BTW, I still have my Star Trek CD to sell and a copy of Speechless, still in shrink.   I want to give them for free (and I'll pay the shipping), but

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Have you tried the message boards of FIlm Score Monthly?

I have sold some things there, though not cds. They were blurays and sheet music (Williams Signature Editions).

Bruce was banned from FSM. Very undeserved, because although he's a quirky character with a peculiar, acerbic sense of humour, he's ultimately harmless. I know, because I've had a few beers with him. But that's a different topic.

I agree with Jay -- it's tricky to sell one's CDs these days. I have a whole bunch I want to sell too, and even for a pittance in terms of price, but shipping costs alone are a major hurdle. So I've basically given up.

I'm not aware of many "film music" forums where sales and trades are still working properly.

41 minutes ago, Thor said:

I agree with Jay -- it's tricky to sell one's CDs these days. I have a whole bunch I want to sell too, and even for a pittance in terms of price, but shipping costs alone are a major hurdle. So I've basically given up.

The trick is to list many titles simultaneously on eBay, and then offer combined shipping.

41 minutes ago, Thor said:

I know, because I've had a few beers with him. But that's a different topic.

Are you sure it wasn't his cat? ;)

I love when Thor refers to ME as " quirky"!😍

I went to Amoeba today and they rejected the osts for HTTYD ( even though they have never had one is stock)

INTERSTELLAR ( they do have the xpanded; bought mine there).

Legend twofer of DAYS IF HEAVEN/ TWO MULES ( which I bought there).

So I think EBAY and DISCOGS are going to start dropping prices on op titles.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

It's two thousand and twenty.  There just aren't that many people on Earth that buy and swap CDs any more.

Back in.the day I made many great trades with fans on FSM.

It's a great way to acquire titles you want without spending money. No sales tax and cheaper shipping.

I find that I only sell stuff when a buyer makes the first move and posts a " Wanted" thread.

6 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I bought some used CDs from a nice guy on this forum (not Bes). When I'm selling I put the CDs up on eBay and post the link to my eBay offerings here.

Well I'm not nice, so you don't have to name me, there is no possible confusion!

I once posted on FSM, to do advertising for my discography.

And well, unexpectedly, I had the same reaction as here.... a kind of disregard.

I think it's my personality!

7 hours ago, Bespin said:

I think it's my personality!

Which, as we all know, is overrated!

1 hour ago, The Big Man said:

The used CD market on eBay is pretty healthy. Some rarities go for stupid prices in the $100+ range. Only problem there is the seller fees, but at least it's all pretty secure.

Prices on eBay are sometimes absurd. There's a difference between asking price and what you actually get for it. 

• 3 months later...

My entire first year on this forum was solely in the trading sub forum. Made contact with another trader and we would mail each other CDRs back in the day! 

Eventually we would just Megaupload anything new we ever obtained to each other.