Here we go again: MGM Looking to Sell Entire Film Library and Studio

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck Apple, I hope Netflix buys them, then we can have all the Bond movies in a streaming service I actually have an account with.

Hopefully Universal so they make a 007 ride.

Judging by the way Bespin buys soundtracks, I bet he could afford it!😁

Disney? Sony? Paramount? Universal? WB?

I can’t see it being any of these because of all the antitrust hearing going on. So I think it will be one of the streaming services. 

I don’t think it will be Netflix. I don’t think they have the sort of cash required to spend $5-6 billion on something like this. They’re pumping their money into content creation so I think it’ll be too much for them. 

I think Apple is actually the most likely. They’re producing their own content but a back catalogue like MGM’s would expand what they have on offer while they get more of their own content out there. They’re going to be a major player but it’s going to take a bit of time and they definitely have the cash. 

On 12/22/2020 at 2:05 PM, Jay said:

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1159188-mgm-looking-to-selling-entire-film-library-and-studio

Who will buy them?

Google? Amazon? Apple? Netflix?

The studios showed in the last sale they wanted to invest but did not want to buy.  My money is on one of the streaming giants buying the company.  Netflix being the #1 and Apple #2.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:53 AM, Bilbo said:

I can’t see it being any of these because of all the antitrust hearing going on. So I think it will be one of the streaming services. 

I don’t think it will be Netflix. I don’t think they have the sort of cash required to spend $5-6 billion on something like this. They’re pumping their money into content creation so I think it’ll be too much for them. 

I think Apple is actually the most likely. They’re producing their own content but a back catalogue like MGM’s would expand what they have on offer while they get more of their own content out there. They’re going to be a major player but it’s going to take a bit of time and they definitely have the cash. 

As a shareholder of Netflix, they have lots of cash.  Trust me.  Remember, they offered something up to 200 million to stream Kong V Godzilla.

On 12/22/2020 at 6:54 PM, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Hopefully Universal so they make a 007 ride.

The ride won't happen if the Broccoli's don't sign off.  MGM distributes, covers the budgets and markets the Bond movies.  The Broccoli family owns the property, they are the ones that have to approve all the obvious creative/sellable stuff (a ride, toys, music releases, stories, etc).

On 12/22/2020 at 3:02 PM, Edmilson said:

Fuck Apple, I hope Netflix buys them, then we can have all the Bond movies in a streaming service I actually have an account with.

I tried to stream the movies Apple has via the app that showed up on FireTV and no such luck.  It seems they don't want my business so I agree...f them.

• 2 weeks later...