Your favorite Spider-man score of the past 4 years

Jay

Your favorite Spider-man score of the past 4 years  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite Spider-man score of the past 4 years

• Spider-man: Homecoming by Michael Giacchino (2017)
    • Spider-man by John Paesano (2018)
    • Spider-man: Into The Spider-verse by Daniel Pemberton (2018)
    • Spider-man: Far From Home by Michael Giacchino (2019)
    • Spider-Man: Miles Morales by John Paesano (2020)
    • I don't like or haven't heard any of these scores
  2. 2. Bonus question: Which film did you like the most?

• Spider-man: Homecoming (2017)
    • Spider-man: Into The Spider-verse (2018)
    • Spider-man: Far From Home (2019)
    • I didn't like or didn't see any of these movies

I really tried to like Pemberton's effort but it just didn't click for me.

Heard a small bit of Paesano's first score and wasn't compelled to try the whole album;  I just came across some cues from Miles Morales on a best of 2020 video game scores episode of a podcast and thought the Miles Morales theme was pretty good

For Giacchino's scores, I love them both and overall like the 2nd one a bit more but both are great, some of his best blockbuster scoring

I don't really like any of these scores.

As for films, I kinda tuned out after the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire ones. I think I saw HOMECOMING (is that the one where he travels to Europe?), which was reasonably OK, but all the others mesh together in my mind.

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

I don't really like any of these scores.

Which one did you dislike the least?

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

As for films, I kinda tuned out after the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire ones. I think I saw HOMECOMING (is that the one where he travels to Europe?), which was reasonably OK, but all the others mesh together in my mind.

Nope.  Homecoming was the one where he was in high school, and Michael Keaton was the villain

Far From Home is the European vacation one

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Which one did you dislike the least?

The Daniel Pemberton one, I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nope.  Homecoming was the one where he was in high school, and Michael Keaton was the villain

Far From Home is the European vacation one

Ah, thanks. That one, then.

A bit of an oddly specific pick to go for the last four years instead of the whole decade, but I suppose Horner would've likely won that poll in a landslide.

Far From Home is pretty fun everytime I hear it, even if its one of those scores where I I can't think of too many highlight cues as a result of functioning nicely as a whole unit. Homecoming is nice in its more laid back approach, but it hasn't quite grown on me like its follow up did. Spider-Verse I want to love, but the one or two listens felt too jumbled for me to appreciate. Paesano's theme for the PS4 game I was never too keen on, but it's decent enough.

I went with the video game score and Homecoming for film. Haven’t seen Far From Home or played Miles Morales yet. 

I enjoyed Into The Spider-Verse bit didn’t get the hype. I didn’t think it was that good at all. Probably liked it enough to watch a sequel but it wasn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread the way it was made out to be. 

Generally if there’s a Giacchino option on a poll that will be my least favourite option. 

The only way he wouldn’t be last would be if ASM 2 was included. I like Zimmer but that “score” was an abomination. 

12 hours ago, Arpy said:

There's no strong thematic identity in Spiderverse, add to that the annoying Prowler noise that sounds like a police siren screaming underwater.

Honestly, I can’t remember a single note of it. 

Loads of people I know on twitter were praising the music but I think that was the hip hop rather than the score. 

I love his Steve Jobs score but I’m not familiar with much else he’s done. 

Pemberton is great more often than not. STEVE JOBS, THE MAN FROM UNCLE, OCEAN'S 13, THE DARK CRYSTAL (parts of it, at least) and MOTHERLESS BROOKLYN are all fine. Some pretty decent pieces in his Ridley Scott efforts too (THE COUNSELOR and ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD). I obviously don't put his SPIDER-MAN score alongside any of those, but it's better than any of the other SPIDER-MANs it's up against in this poll.

Haven't heard the video game scores, and haven't heard the Spider-verse score outside of the movies.  I also am not the biggest fan of Giacchino's spiderscores, BUT, given the interesting villain theme and the way it's used in Far From Home, I gave that score the edge.

As for the movies:  1. Spider-verse, 2. Homecoming, 3. Far From Home.  All are fine though.

I watched Spider-Verse twice, and the score did nothing for me. I can't even remember any cue from it.

But aside from that, I like all of the mentioned scores. And Paesano's Miles Morales is the best integration of traditional orchestra + hip hop music that I ever heard.