The End of 2020/Start of 2021 25% Sale at www.buysoundtrax.com

buysoundtrax

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another offer that you might wish to try....

We wanted to do this for those folks who have supported over the last year.

This offer will expire on 12/31/2020 @ 11:59pm (PST)

Here are direct links to these titles

THE DAN REDFELD COLLECTION - MUSIC FROM VARIOUS SHORT FILMS BY DAN REDFELD
https://tinyurl.com/yb6v8px7

FRANZ WAXMAN: THE DOCUMENTARIES: THE MYSTERIOUS DEEP / LENIN AND TROTSKY
https://tinyurl.com/ybgdclhu

THE AFTERMATH (John Morgan)
https://tinyurl.com/y9drcs6p

We Hope you enjoy them all.

2021_Free_Digital_banner_900x.jpg

8 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

I've never bought anything from this label.

Very strange.

?

I don't think that's very strange.  I'd guess the majority of people on this forum don't have any buysoundtrax titles in their collections.

The only ones I have are their versions of Battle Beyond The Stars and Humanoids From The Deep

I have several BSX albums in my collection. They're a bit hit and miss, but churn out a few gems now and then. Although - to be fair - I've never ordered from them. Just received promos. I've come to understand it's a bit 'gung ho' behind-the-scenes, at least if judging from various feedback over the years, but I've never experienced it personally.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've come to understand it's a big 'gung ho' behind-the-scenes, at least if judging from various feedback over the years, but I've never experienced it personally.

What does this mean?

Basically a lot of issues surrounding shipping and customer service, which almost became a running joke for a number of years. They've probably (hopefully) improved in that area. There's also the comment from Caldera on FSM recently; something about Gerald Fried and a release thereof:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142211&forumID=1&archive=0

I've seen a lot of history at FSM about order problems, and them not responding via the usual channels.

Of the two orders I've placed, the first one didn't arrive, and weeks later I contacted them and it turned out they'd simply forgotten about it. They do rectify things quickly when brought to their attention, but it seems they don't always pay the warranted attention to operating a basic ordering/shipping process.

My order of Don Davis' Space Odyssey arrived without issue though, so it's a sporadic problem.

That, and Thaxton now and again (not so much lately) has Basil Fawlty-style arguments with customers on FSM.

14 hours ago, Jay said:

I don't think that's very strange.  I'd guess the majority of people on this forum don't have any buysoundtrax titles in their collections.

The only ones I have are their versions of Battle Beyond The Stars and Humanoids From The Deep

I think if you look at the catalog on the site you'll discover a number of interesting titles by Basil Poledouris,Lee Holdridge, Jerry Goldsmith,Morton Stevens and others.

Have a Happy New Year

BSX has plenty of interesting stuff!  Everything that immediately grabbed me in the past, I already own, but I just went through and opened some tabs, and with the discount I'll probably pick up a few download release curiosities.

Does the discount also apply to in-stock titles from other labels, BTW?

Thanks BSX!

Depends on what you like, really. 

They have a couple of John Williams releases - one, Across the Stars, for solo piano, and one, Schindler's List, which is for chamber orchestra.

For me, they're the home to a lot of genre stuff and specifically horror stuff, so if stuff with titles like Transylvania 6-5000 interest you, or the idea of listening to old Hammer horror scores, there's tons to enjoy in there.  That might be a very specific mstrox alley though...

Big orchestral adventure scores - Don Davis' Warriors of Virtue is a very good adventure score.  They have Arnold's Godzilla score.  They have Horner's Battle Beyond the Stars

As BSX mentions above, they also have a handful of collections of Poledouris scores, which I would gather to be a passion project for them.  They also do similar collections of scores for composers who do a lot of TV or are just generally underrepresented by other labels.  I don't have any of these yet, but I might listen to samples to see if anything sparks for me during this sale.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Depends on what you like, really. 

They have a couple of John Williams releases - one, Across the Stars, for solo piano, and one, Schindler's List, which is for chamber orchestra.

For me, they're the home to a lot of genre stuff and specifically horror stuff, so if stuff with titles like Transylvania 6-5000 interest you, or the idea of listening to old Hammer horror scores, there's tons to enjoy in there.  That might be a very specific mstrox alley though...

Big orchestral adventure scores - Don Davis' Warriors of Virtue is a very good adventure score.  They have Arnold's Godzilla score.  They have Horner's Battle Beyond the Stars

As BSX mentions above, they also have a handful of collections of Poledouris scores, which I would gather to be a passion project for them.  They also do similar collections of scores for composers who do a lot of TV or are just generally underrepresented by other labels.  I don't have any of these yet, but I might listen to samples to see if anything sparks for me during this sale.

We also have 4 volumes of music by Paul Chihara, A Wonderful album of James Horner music performed by Dan Redfeld on solo Piano, also current we are offering FOR FREE digital downs of John Morgan's score to THE AFTERMATH, The Franz Waxman Collection and The Dan Redfeld Collection as well.

2021_Free_Digital_banner_12334a53-900c-4

We wanted to do this for those folks who have supported over the last year.

This offer will expire on 12/31/2020 @ 11:59pm (PST)

Here are direct links to these titles

THE DAN REDFELD COLLECTION - MUSIC FROM VARIOUS SHORT FILMS BY DAN REDFELD
https://tinyurl.com/yb6v8px7

FRANZ WAXMAN: THE DOCUMENTARIES: THE MYSTERIOUS DEEP / LENIN AND TROTSKY
https://tinyurl.com/ybgdclhu

THE AFTERMATH (John Morgan)
https://tinyurl.com/y9drcs6p

We Hope you enjoy them all.