Your 2021 JW expansion predictions

Bounty95

Hook 30th anniversary, otherwise I'm starting a food fight!

Question: If the HP box set sells out this year, or even if it doesn't, would a HP1 20th anniversary set be a possibility? Obviously not for me, but just out of interest.

4 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Question: If the HP box set sells out this year, or even if it doesn't, would a HP1 20th anniversary set be a possibility? Obviously not for me, but just out of interest.

I think it should be possible but can't claim to know for sure. I'd honestly love the chance to expand the third disc with more odds and ends but a straight reissue with no changes is likely easier. 

The 2018 box had tons of approvals to go through because on top of Warner Music approvals and Warner Pictures approvals, Rowling's camp has to approve every Potter product too. Dunno if a straight reissue would need all that or not, but any change to the program would, I think. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I think it should be possible but can't claim to know for sure. I'd honestly love the chance to expand the third disc with more odds and ends but a straight reissue with no changes is likely easier. 

The 2018 box had tons of approvals to go through because on top of Warner Music approvals and Warner Pictures approvals, Rowling's camp has to approve every Potter product too. Dunno if a straight reissue would need all that or not, but any change to the program would, I think. 

Hmm, I'm not sure how I'd feel about extra HP1 material now. Promised myself not to buy things twice anymore and the program on the box set is fantastic to begin with.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Out of interest, what sort of oddities are left to include? Just things like Diagon Alley without the insert?

On 8/5/2020 at 10:21 PM, Jay said:

Nothing you don't already have access to; The album track "Christmas at Hogwarts" with its unique take of the ghosts singing, the session leak version of Diagon Alley without the Insert inserted, stuff like that.  There's no hidden gems in the archives that nobody knows about or anything

Unfortunately my primary wishes are somewhat the least likely at the moment: Last Crusade, and RotS

I wouldn't say I love either one, but I'd certainly like the complete scores in order to form a better album.

4 hours ago, GerateWohl said:
  1. Remastered expansion of the Star Wars Sequels (7-9)
  2. Catch me if you Can
  3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

All three are very unlikely. I know. But that's how it is.

Actually, I'd be surprised if CMIYC isn't out in the next year or two!

I can't see any reason JW wouldn't endorse an expansion, he clearly enjoyed writing that score.

The rest being Disney is certainly a bigger hurdle though, yeah :(

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

Out of interest, what sort of oddities are left to include? Just things like Diagon Alley without the insert?

Diagon Alley without the insert

Mail Drop without the insert

Christmas At Hogwarts OST track

Hagrid Plays the Flute with film ending

Mail Drop without insert? Do you mean the beginning would be played faster? I thought MM used the correct take, but the movie just sped it up and that the sessions have the wrong take but the right tempo?

5 hours ago, Holko said:

I'd love an MM'd Hook, all Indys and SWs.

Pretty much anything else that would be on the table would be new material for me, so I'll take anything to discover with various levels of curiosity!

In this order, please

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Mail Drop without insert? Do you mean the beginning would be played faster? I thought MM used the correct take, but the movie just sped it up and that the sessions have the wrong take but the right tempo?

I think the sessions leak is the cue as originally recorded, then later an insert replaced the opening in the film and the LLL main program follows suit

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Diagon Alley without the insert

Mail Drop without the insert

Christmas At Hogwarts OST track

Hagrid Plays the Flute with film ending

At least we have all 4 already, via the OST and sessions :P

I hadn't realised just how much space was available on that third disc. Plenty of room to breathe in a future reissue :)

I'd love to see an IJ box set to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Raiders, but with the new movie officially announced I seriously doubt it.

I'm also not going to hold my breath for a SW box set release, can't imagine how long it would take to work on a proper release for all nine scores!

So, with that said, here's my top 5 predictions for likely releases for 2021:

• Hook 30th anniversary (LLL)
  • The Patriot (Intrada)
  • Fiddler on the Roof 50th anniversary (LLL)
  • SpaceCamp (Intrada)
  • Presumed Innocent (VS)
13 hours ago, crumbs said:

Maybe a Williams at Universal type release to bundle together his more obscure, unreleased scores from that era (Story of a Woman, Sugarland Express, Rare Breed), like LLL's Goldsmith at 20th set. Still curious about Mike's idea re: JW and Sugarland...

I really like this idea, @crumbs !  This would be a fantastic way to release several movies at once with short amounts of score.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I've never seen that movie.  Should I see it?

Have you seen a stage production?  The story and music are quite good.  The movie itself is overlong and, like with many musicals, the charm of the stage does not consistently transfer to the screen.  

I don't like plays/musicals, I've only been to the theater if if was someone else's idea. 

I do want to see Book of Mormon, though. 

My most desired expansion is of course The Patriot, but I'd also be happy with Catch me If You Can, JFK, Nixon and Tibet.

SW and Indy are a pipe dream. I'll only believe we'll be getting them when it's officially announced.

A guy on my FB page, just say that there is a new rumour about a 8-CD Indiana Jones boxset to be released this year by LLL... Have you heard that?

I think Disney would release each SW and IJ scores as separate releases, not a big box set

I think they'd be like Powell's Solo expansion, a big digital/streaming debut.  Though hopefully for JW's scores, they'd get a physical CD version too

It can't be true that LLL got a license to do the IJ scores, because Disney would release them on their own label, Disney Records.  If they did let a specialty label do them instead, it would only be Intrada

The pre and post concord Indy box set thread at jwfan was a purely magical time.

The speculations, the hype, the sadness when we saw an interview was going to be on the bonus disc.

Take me back to those times.