Posts moved from "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York - 20th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2012)"

19 hours ago, The Big Man said:

I can't stand how you people persist in vilifying this good man who defiantly stood as an obstacle against real evil in this world.

I think all threads about VIDEO GAMES should be locked.

Why?

Cuz they aren't 'inclusive' of people who don't give a damn about Nintendo etc.

They're discriminatory.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting you say that because I've always considered Godzilla a father figure rolemodel too. A true God, The Father.

I can't stand how you people persist in vilifying this good man who defiantly stood as an obstacle against real evil in this world.

37 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I think all threads about VIDEO GAMES should be locked.

Why?

Cuz they aren't 'inclusive' of people who don't give a damn about Nintendo etc.

They're discriminatory.

Even if you weren't talking about video games...

uaxilKI.jpg

On 1/15/2021 at 3:42 AM, crumbs said:

I think Ricard's point is that despite Bolle saying, "the article does not mention politics," the article is quite obviously political, as is the [partially sarcastic] post that follows.

Yes, I did get a warning, and since it appears I'm not the only one to get one for this discussion, I'm not complaining (not that it would matter). For the record, the one thing I want to point out is that yes, in my view this had become political before my post (otherwise I wouldn't have let myself get dragged into it). It's one thing to say you disagree with the idea of removing Trump's scene from the film (and as I said, I don't see a need for it, although I would on the other hand object to the idea that it would be innocent fun to do the same thing today). But here and in other threads these things tend to get presented as "oh my god, now these lunatics want to cancel XY just because they disagree", which inherently trivialises the issue because it 1) tends to imply that the mere idea of raising an objection is ridiculous and 2) presents it as a supposedly new and utterly objectionable trend, as if criticising people for propagating views that are considered (by those criticising them, obviously) as harmful, and therefore lobbying against giving them a broad platform, is a new idea, and until a few years ago nobody would even have thought of even slightly criticising anyone for promoting intolerance (which includes giving it a platform). The outraged string of to this effect has, in its usual on-sidedness, at the very least a clear political implication, which I countered on that level. I'm happy to have none of that on this board to avoid political discussions.

To move on to an even more controversial statement: This past December, I've listened to HA once and HA2 at least three times. It is a retread only insofar as it reuses some themes and several of their most successful settings, but also gives them entirely new arrangements and adds some excellent new themes that make the full score much more varied than the first one, which has a smaller scope and spends a good deal of it mickey mousing through its core themes. I like both scores very much, but if I could keep only one, HA2 is the one that gives me the more enjoyable & varied "listening experience" as well as the best statements of the themes from both scores.

38 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Yes, I did get a warning, and since it appears I'm not the only one to get one for this discussion, I'm not complaining (not that it would matter). For the record, the one thing I want to point out is that yes, in my view this had become political before my post (otherwise I wouldn't have let myself get dragged into it). It's one thing to say you disagree with the idea of removing Trump's scene from the film (and as I said, I don't see a need for it, although I would on the other hand object to the idea that it would be innocent fun to do the same thing today). But here and in other threads these things tend to get presented as "oh my god, now these lunatics want to cancel XY just because they disagree", which inherently trivialises the issue because it 1) tends to imply that the mere idea of raising an objection is ridiculous and 2) presents it as a supposedly new and utterly objectionable trend, as if criticising people for propagating views that are considered (by those criticising them, obviously) as harmful, and therefore lobbying against giving them a broad platform, is a new idea, and until a few years ago nobody would even have thought of even slightly criticising anyone for promoting intolerance (which includes giving it a platform). The outraged string of to this effect has, in its usual on-sidedness, at the very least a clear political implication, which I countered on that level. I'm happy to have none of that on this board to avoid political discussions.

And further, this discussion shouldn’t even exist in such a serious manner, the suggestion of removing Trump from the film was a *joke* made by someone on the internet and jokingly agreed with by another. 

The petition to replace Trump with Bernie Sanders in the film? How do people actually get baited by this?

1 hour ago, Bofur01 said:

And further, this discussion shouldn’t even exist in such a serious manner, the suggestion of removing Trump from the film was a *joke* made by someone on the internet and jokingly agreed with by another. 

I admit I hadn't even read it (the resulting discussion, or at least the part I referred to, wasn't specifically about that anyway). I any case, I said why I felt it necessary to add my bit, and I won't drag it out any more.

1 hour ago, Bofur01 said:

The petition to replace Trump with Bernie Sanders in the film? How do people actually get baited by this?

:lol:

2 hours ago, Bofur01 said:

I. Didn't. Click.