John Williams' music to be featured during Inauguration ceremony of President Joe Biden (Jan 20, 2021)

TownerFan

2 hours ago, SteveMc said:

It is a testament to the growing acceptance of John as preeminent composer that music made for that movie is being performed at this venue.

This is good.

It’s how Obama closed his 2008 victory speech! Dems love Emmerich and Mel Gibson!

16 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Mel Gibson?!

The star of THE PATRIOT.

As I said in the other thread that posted the playlist for the inauguration, impressive that they managed to sneak some Williams in there. I hadn't expected that this time around. And THE PATRIOT is fitting.

It's also super cool that there are three fanfares on the program written especially for the ceremony!  Peter Boyer and James Stephenson are both very good contemporary composers.

I'm gonna try to find a livestream tomorrow that is without commentary or talking heads.

Great choice of music for the Inauguration. Best of luck to The President's Own on their performances today!

Shame that Williams didn't write something new to commemorate the occasion, but understandable given... well, everything. Hopefully 2025 :)

4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Maybe a renewed interest on The Patriot can lead to the score finally being expanded!

One can dream.

Bit surprised nothing happened for the 20th Anniversary. Figured it was a shoe-in considering all 3 of the Arnold/Emmerich scores have been expanded by LLL (but it seems the studio/licensing situation is more complex for The Patriot, not to mention COVID and whatever else Mike might be busy with).

Williams music was also featured during the signing of the Abraham Accords for the Mideast peace deals at the White House weeks back, but that didn't get a topic.

24 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Williams music was also featured during the signing of the Abraham Accords for the Mideast peace deals at the White House weeks back, but that didn't get a topic.

Wasn't allowed. Wonder why, eh.

50 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Why didn't you make a topic on it then, if it matters to you so much? 

Do you really think Tin Man gives a damn about Middle East politics?

That's a rhetorical question.

😎

1 hour ago, The Big Man said:

I suppose no-one else here but Justin and I watched it...

That is so sad😞

9 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

what did they play?

They cut away from the audio feed of the band!  Anyone have a better livestream that's just showing the band??

EDIT

OK they cut back to the band but it's a bad sign.... if they cut away in the middle of The Patriot I will be very annoyed

Yea it really seems to just randomly show the band for a while, randomly cut to someone arriving with no music, randomly cut back to the band, etc.  

We need a better stream!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Isn't this the exact same stream?

This non-PBS one (the account is Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies) is not cutting away randomly from the audio feed.  I haven't missed any of the performance since switching to it.

It might cut to different cameras but the audio feed has remained consistently the band.