John Williams' music to be featured during Inauguration ceremony of President Joe Biden (Jan 20, 2021)

TownerFan

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I was hoping to record The Patriot via Audacity, but I bet whichever feed I'm using will cut away, especially given that it's likely the 7-8 minute suite.

Lol. Maybe we should have people recording multiple feeds and piece them all together? XD

51 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

FYI the Youtube livestream provided by PBS is a straight feed with no commentary or other BS

Thank you so much for this! This is the first time I'm watching an inauguration without commentary! (I turn NBC off whenever they play.)

On the PBS stream you can't hear the Patriot anymore, on the other stream they are talking over it but you can hear it at least

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Thank you so much for this! This is the first time I'm watching an inauguration without commentary! (I turn NBC off whenever they play.)

Arouind 1.34 An American Journey is being used as soundtrack

7 minutes ago, Ricard said:

You're starting to resemble Bruce Marshall... Arguably not the best example to follow.

I really posted it mainly because I think that version is hilarious.

13 hours ago, crumbs said:

Clean feed. JW music (American Journey, great selection) is currently at -8h.5m. The Patriot suite at -7h31m.

Thanks! But at the moment, those timestamps don't work anymore.

Thanks, crumbs! I heard THE PATRIOT, but the AMERICAN JOURNEY wasn't on that mark. I also wasn't aware that the music was used so "elevator muzak"-like, while everyone is walking around and chatting and waiting. I thought the performances were more concert-like, with everyone's attention on the band.

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

Thanks, crumbs! I heard THE PATRIOT, but the AMERICAN JOURNEY wasn't on that mark. I also wasn't aware that the music was used so "elevator muzak"-like, while everyone is walking around and chatting and waiting. I thought the performances were more concert-like, with everyone's attention on the band.

Haha, bless.

I doubt Joe Biden or Kamela Harris even know who John Williams is. I know he got the medal and did some music for Obama, but I think that seems to be mainly because Obama is a fan of Roland Emmerich's The Patriot. He used to come out while a shitty synth version of The Patriot played. I doubt Dubya or Slick Willy or any of those other guys know who John Williams is either. I want to say whoever had a hand in arranging the music for this was also around for Obama and his awful synth The Patriot theme.

You know what's weird?

We watched The Patriot a month or two ago, and then I listened to the OST album twice shortly after.  Nothing stuck with me; I wouldn't have been able to hum you the main theme.

But now, ever since hearing the USMB play it live on Wednesday, the Patriot theme has been stuck in my head.

Funny how music can do stuff like that!

I always thought most people seemed to like it. I've only ever seen bits and pieces of it, and that was many years ago so I don't recall too much of it. I just assumed it was one of those movies like Saving Private Ryan that people just seem to like.

I take it that assumption was not correct :P