Christophe Beck's WANDAVISION (2021)

Jay

The Episode 7 OST is out 3 days early - probably because of the popularity of "Agatha All Along"?

1000x1000bb.webp

1. W-V 2000 (Instrumental) (feat. The Math Club) – Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez (0:34)
2. Agatha All Along (feat. Kathryn Hahn & Eric Bradley & Greg Whipple & Jasper Randall & Gerald White) – Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez (1:02)
3. Mondays (0:54)
4. The New Clown (1:00)
5. She’s Perfect (1:49)
6. Getting Weird (0:27)
7. Your House My House (0:44)
8. Nexus (1:13)
9. Godspeed, Captain (2:57)
10. Rebirth (2:01)
11. Storytelling (0:54)
12. Trespasser (2:38)
13. Lovely to Meet You (2:30)
TOTAL TIME - 18:43

https://music.apple.com/us/album/wandavision-episode-7-original-soundtrack/1554956945

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08X6J9X9S/

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kjd5ULIDpBOYvnK8WmJh8fRRffckLt4yw

Couldn't find it on Spotify or qobuz yet though

This video will get millions of views in the next 48 hours

The show has a bit more instrumental music in between the lines 'pity pity pity' and 'its too late to change anything'. It sounds weird now that I've listened to that version many times.

Also the ending is different, but thats obviously because it sounds better that way outside the show. 

Edit: The intro is also twice as long, which is a good addition.

2 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

The show has a bit more instrumental music in between the lines 'pity pity pity' and 'its too late to change anything'

Woah, you're right!  It sounds like they just artificially looped it for the show though, not that they trimmed it out for the OST

Thats probably the case.

Oh well for people like me there is always the episode rip, now that we have a good clean opening.

(also I am gonna miss that laughter at the end)

9 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

Also the ending is different

You're right, it's a completely different take of Hahn saying "And I killed Sparky too!"

2 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

I am gonna miss that laughter at the end

Yea the laughter is great and would have worked for the OST version IMO

Woah, that was really interesting!  I noticed that W-V 2000 and Agatha All Along shared a connection but this nicely points out all the connections - very cool!

In other news, It is indeed Kathryn Hahn doing all the lead female vocals in the song

Anderson-Lopez: [Agatha] gets her own theme song that is in, sort of, The Munsters, Addams Family, kind of, witchy, ghoulish feeling.
Lopez: That's the one that Kristen's not on. I'm in the group of guys, the backup guys. But Kathryn [Hahn] takes the lead on that one. She was amazing.
Anderson-Lopez: It also has a little bit of an oompa loompa tenor feel to it too. We decided since we could hit any decade with that, we had to kind of take a couple swings at what would Agatha's music be? But we ultimately decided the most fun is to just go right in with all of the—
Lopez: Monsters.
Anderson-Lopez: The monster, witch music we've seen before.
Lopez: Kathryn is a musical theater star. Kristen's sister also works with her on Central Park, where she's a main singing character. And we know, because of that, how amazing her voice is.
Anderson-Lopez: And she's such a great sport. Just the half hour— wasn't it a half hour that we worked with her, really? After that, I was like, we need to work with her again. Because she was just game [for anything], and she was like, [imitates witch] ha, ha, ha.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/wandavision-robert-lopez-kristen-anderson-lopez-theme-songs-music

Just start to listen to it. Love The Office's like intro and Agatha all along.... PERFECT! :lovethis:

[edit] I've just finished. Well to me this one is the best. I remember to have said the exact same thing last week so if Beck continue this way, I can't wait to listen to the final episode...

I found it to be less of an interesting listen overall than the last 2 weeks, though the Lopez songs are fantastic

Okay... someone needs to make a "tv edit" of the Agatha song pronto, with the laugh and her reciting of the Sparky line haha. Uggggh I hate it when this happens! LOL. Reminds me of the album version of the Turkey song in Addams Family Values how the film version was different than the album one and felt much more lackluster as a result...

I'm in this for the proper underscore (not the songs, not the "sitcom" music). The best track is still "The Players". I hope there's enough interesting material by the end of the series to form a solid 30-40 minute playlist.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:20 AM, MedigoScan said:

Haha. I wish. I just didnt check go back to watch them since I didnt know they'd be doing single episode soundtracks at that time.

I have updated the post now though

Did you have the correct order for episode 7, perchance?

That opening cue in episode 8 had lots of Williams-isms, I thought!

The big trumpet blasts reminded me of TFA and TROS (namely Rey's Incredible Hand and Attack on the Jakku Village).

7 hours ago, DreamFinder1983 said:

Did you have the correct order for episode 7, perchance?

Ayup:

Mondays
W-V-2000
The New Clown
She's Perfect
My House or Your House
Getting Weird
Nexus (though the endcredits has the full version)
Godspeed, Captain
Rebirth
Storytelling
Trespasser
Lovely To Meet You 
Agatha, All Along

28 minutes ago, Knight of Ren said:

Also, I found this video that makes a really interesting connection between all the theme songs and Beck's score, Wanda's Theme in particular. Really interesting.

Cremeritis!!!!

On 2/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, Falco said:

Don't  know about the quality of the video (Analysis etc.) but Anderson-Lopez had linked to it in a twitter post so 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

Ayup:

Mondays
W-V-2000
The New Clown
She's Perfect
My House or Your House
Getting Weird
Godspeed, Captain
Rebirth
Storytelling
Trespasser
Lovely To Meet You 
Agatha, All Along

Thank ye! :D

11 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:

The themes recieve great development, with some really emotional moments, and I think I even caught a reference to Silvestri's Avenger's Theme.

Where did you hear the Avengers theme at?

I liked that the little theme that's been opening the end credits every week was revealed to be a theme for the infinity stones (or at least whatever the one in in Loki's scepter that gave her her powers)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I liked that the little theme that's been opening the end credits every week was revealed to be a theme for the infinity stones (or at least whatever the one in in Loki's scepter that gave her her powers)

maxresdefault.jpg&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiipeLn

I will listen to the score in entirety once the final episode airs but gotta say I have liked what I have listened to so far. Agatha All Along is an instant classic. What an insanely catchy song with such clever lyrics. And just the way the song is used definitely has a tremendous impact in the viewer.

11 hours ago, SilentWraith360 said:

Where did you hear the Avengers theme at?

When Wanda is entering the memory of her and Vision at the Avengers compund, I think a dark slow variation of it plays briefly.

I may have misheard it but I think it was there, and it would make sense to be played when she mentions the Avengers.

14 minutes ago, Knight of Ren said:

When Wanda is entering the memory of her and Vision at the Avengers compund, I think a dark slow variation of it plays briefly.

I may have misheard it but I think it was there, and it would make sense to be played when she mentions the Avengers.

I checked. You are 100% right.

It is there.

The Episode 8 OST album has arrived in NZ and AU iTunes (it's already Friday there)

1000x1000bb.webp

1 Salem 1:40

2 Witchnapped 4:49

3 Sokovia 2:10

4 War Zone 4:30

5 The Mind Stone 2:29

6 What Is Grief 3:53

7 Some Assembly Required 2:40

8 Genesis 6:07

9 Ready For Launch 1:24

10 Wanda and Vision (Love Theme from "WandaVision") 2:32

TOTAL TIME: 32 minutes

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/wandavision-episode-8-original-soundtrack/1556290991

https://music.apple.com/au/album/wandavision-episode-8-original-soundtrack/1556290991

Once the finale music is released I'm going to create a playlist with just the "real world" music, which I find much more enjoyable than the theme song, commercials, and sitcom world music. 

If anybody has any comments on Episode 9's score, can you put your entire post about in a spoiler block, as many of us won't see Episode 9 until later, but might want to discuss episode 8's new OST album now?  Thanks!

Episode 8's album is up on Spotify   https://open.spotify.com/album/5n0jcupsCMSOjt8K7vq555?si=Ic646tXnTkKWlXRAMAewhw

The opening "Salem" cue is pretty good scene-setting stuff!

But then "Witchnapped" is unfortunately 5 minutes of meandering underscore and nothing exciting at all.  Wasn't there a bunch of cool action music for the scene with Agatha defeating all the other witches?  Why is that not here????

"Sokovia" is a sad elegy, really nicely done.

"War Zone" is good dramatic suspense music with a bit of action, good stuff.  There's a nice hint of the Mind Stone motif from the next track, so I guess its more of a "magic powers" motif?  I'm guessing it plays when Agatha tells Wanda she was using magic without realizing it to prevent the bomb from going off

"The Mind Stone" features that cool motif that opens the end credits every week, and sounds great.  The whole track is nice.

"What Is Grief", well, the first half is completely boring.  The second half is really cool and harkens back to a lot of the real world underscore from prior episodes for the first time on this album

"Some Assembly Required" another good track, full of drama and heartbreak (I assume this is the music for Wanda looking at Vision's body be torn apart)

"Genesis" Easily one of the highlight tracks of the entire season.  Full of drama, terrific blending of themes.  Well done!

"Ready for Launch" I assume is the cue for the entire mid-credits scene.  It's fine.

"Wanda and Vision (Love Theme from WandaVision" is nice - is this a cue from the show given a funny name, or actually something recorded purely for album use?  It's pretty good

On 2/26/2021 at 5:21 AM, MedigoScan said:

Ayup:

Mondays
W-V-2000
The New Clown
She's Perfect
My House or Your House
Getting Weird
Godspeed, Captain
Rebirth
Storytelling
Trespasser
Lovely To Meet You 
Agatha, All Along

Once again, if you have the correct ordering for the tracks of the Episode 8 OST, they would be greatly appreciated! :D

It's already in order isn't it?

I'd love to hear more people's thoughts on the episode 8 OST album!

I think Episode 8 has my favorite track from the whole series so far, Genesis.

It has both Wanda's Theme and the Love Theme developing in some really emotional and dramatic variations, and the second half has some killer action.

The Love Theme gets an official name in this episode, but I realized it had been introduced earlier in the show, like in the track Everything Under Control, from Episode 4 or halfway through Pietro in Episode 5. The tracks are not on YouTube so I cannot post the timestamps.

Some Assembly Required is also very emotional and has a great take on what I think is a theme for Vision himself, which also featured strongly in other tracks such as Dead or Alive, or Hexpansion.

And the track called Sokovia is really beautiful and the melody reminds me of something I cannot put my finger on. Maybe a theme from earlier episodes that I haven't been able to recognize?

About the last episode, I won't go into details, but it has some great statements of all the main themes that have been developed through the series, both in dramatic and action oriented cues.

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's already in order isn't it?

I'd love to hear more people's thoughts on the episode 8 OST album!

I thought is was great. The little Avengers cameo was nice. And the way Beck uses Wanda's theme in all this different versions is incredible.

The score for Ep. 9 was even better. Can't wait for the release. Hope we get an even longer one than Ep. 8. The action and emotional material was fantastic and I hope the 'other marvel' theme from the 2nd End Credits Scene is on the album! Beck did a really great job on this series.

I'm very excited about Jackman's Falcon & Winter Soldier!

9 minutes ago, Knight of Ren said:

I think Episode 8 has my favorite track from the whole series so far, Genesis.

It has both Wanda's Theme and the Love Theme developing in some really emotional and dramatic variations, and the second half has some killer action.

It's real good!

The Love Theme gets an official name in this episode, but I realized it had been introduced earlier in the show, like in the track Everything Under Control, from Episode 4 or halfway through Pietro in Episode 5. The tracks are not on YouTube so I cannot post the timestamps.

Great, I'll check those tracks out.

And maybe it depends on your country, but here all 8 OST albums are very easily found on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ChristopheBeckMusic/playlists

Some Assembly Required is also very emotional and has a great take on what I think is a theme for Vision himself, which also featured strongly in other tracks such as Dead or Alive, or Hexpansion.

Excellent, more for me to check out...

And the track called Sokovia is really beautiful and the melody reminds me of something I cannot put my finger on. Maybe a theme from earlier episodes that I haven't been able to recognize?

Could be!

7 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

I thought is was great. The little Avengers cameo was nice. And the way Beck uses Wanda's theme in all this different versions is incredible.

At what timestamp in which track is the Avengers Theme cameo?

I don't know why I couldn't find the score on YouTube but your link worked, so I will put some timestamps for the themes I mentioned.

The Love Theme is this:

It appeared in Everything in Under Control in Episode 4, at 0:07:

And in Episode 5, in two tracks. Evaluation at 2:17

And with Pietro's return, at 1:36:

Vision Theme appears in Dead or Alive a couple of times (0:30, 1:01, etc.)

In Hexpansion (Episode 6) at 0:57

And in Episode 8, which does not appear for me in YouTube, you can listen to it a couple of times.

In Some Assembly Required at 0:21 and 1:05.

And in Genesis at 1:17

Hope that helps.