Christophe Beck's WANDAVISION (2021)

Jay

The Love Theme at the End is extremely pleasant it's a very nice way to end the album.

About Genesis I think everything have been said about it here, I'm just gonna say it's one of my favourite with Hexpansion.

Some Assembly Required is to me the title the most representative of the episode, sad and heartbreaking

War Zone was really good at the beginning a little bit less at the end even so it's perfectly fit the anxiety of the scene. The Mind Stone is a bit in the same vein although I find it better.

Sokovia is a really touchy (well it's probably because I love cello), kinda of remind me Winterfell theme from GOT though.

I'll end where the album begin with Salem: a real haunting title "witch" was a perfect way to replace the usual opening song and put us in a whole new atmosphere.

Without spoiling anything about the final I'm just going to say that the best is clearly ahead... ;)

Am I correct in remembering that the whole part where Agatha defeats the other witches in the show had cool action music and it's not on the album release?

No you would be right about that. Salem stops just as Agatha turns the tables around. I dont get why they didnt just add that part to the Salem track either.

The tracks seem to have some microedits in them anyway, but in this case there's more cut than left on the album!

And yes this time the album is already chronological.

Especially because it's all digital and none of the episodic "Albums" even come close to filling up the length of an actual CD length Album. I don't see why they wouldn't include that stuff

I mean I grant Beck the right to pick and choose his own highlights from each episode, but I don't understand why he wouldn't consider the rest of the Salem music a highlight

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

I mean I grant Beck the right to pick and choose his own highlights from each episode, but I don't understand why he wouldn't consider the rest of the Salem music a highlight

True.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea I don't get why they wouldn't include all the music from the opening Salem sequence, very bizarre!

Probably because he wanted action music more towards the end, or no action music at all?

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

If that was his line of thinking, it's pretty flawed IMHO

Not really, pretty terrible flow to just have the first half backfilled with short action bits, distracts from the actual core of the score, which is the scoring for the emotional beats with the "flashbacks".

Focusing just on highlights is a terrible, clinical way of putting together a listening experience.

I think the theme from the end credits could be called the theme for the title of Scarlet Witch since it mostly plays whenever Wanda is displaying incredible amounts of power only the Scarlet Witch is capable of.

3 hours ago, Falco said:

Not really, pretty terrible flow to just have the first half backfilled with short action bits, distracts from the actual core of the score, which is the scoring for the emotional beats with the "flashbacks".

Focusing just on highlights is a terrible, clinical way of putting together a listening experience.

Man I couldn't disagree with what you're saying here more, and I feel like you don't believe this yourself, you're just being contrarian for fun. 

I don't feel that opening an album with a 5 minute suite of the Salem sequence would take away the emotional impact of the main thrust of the rest of the score at all. 

If anything, Witchnapped takes away from that more than the rest of the Salem sequence would. 

If you want to talk about album flow, following the 2 minute Salem opening that has no payoff with 5 minutes of ambience is poor album flow. 

1 hour ago, SilentWraith360 said:

I think the theme from the end credits could be called the theme for the title of Scarlet Witch since it mostly plays whenever Wanda is displaying incredible amounts of power only the Scarlet Witch is capable of.

But he specifically titled it Wanda's Theme, and it appears at the end when we see her at the cabin (before we know the Scarlet Witch is inside). I forget the other time it played in this episode, but it episode 8 it played when she approached the mind stone, so I briefly thought maybe it was a theme for the mind stone (and that the title referred to a different melody in the track) 

From the FSM thread:

So about that short cue I keep mentioning, Beck has seen all the comments about it on twitter and youtube (there is surprisingly many!!) and he says that he left it out of the soundtrack by choice (mainly because it was so short) but he now regrets that decision. He will work with Marvel and try to get it out somehow.

Fingers crossed!

He's talking about the brief cue before the bomb explodes when young Wanda is watching a DVD with her family:

Couldnt find anything for my favorite piece though frown
But I hope it will still be there. A very short cue right before the bomb.

I'm really surprised that these releases aren't complete. Why not make the individual episodes C&C, and make an arranged album from the whole season?

Unfortunately Beck's score hasn't done much for me generally, outside of a few seconds here and there which sound interesting. That includes the finale, which I just finished (a bit 'meh').

I'd like to have the cue from the post-credits scene from the finale, but given these recent omissions, I'm not optimistic.

Episode 9's album just went live on iTunes NZ

1000x1000bb.webp

1 Not a Witch 1:58

2 Surrender Your Magic 3:26

3 We Feel Your Pain 2:38

4 I Am Vision 3:07

5 Unintended Consequences 1:53

6 Born For It 2:12

7 I Want More 3:22

8 Home Again 3:43

9 Stand Down 1:49

10 Ascendant 2:41

11 What Am I 5:12

12 Now Leaving Westview 2:44

13 Reborn 1:21

TOTAL TIME - 36 minutes

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/wandavision-episode-9-original-soundtrack-optimized/1557384072

Chronological for Episode 9:

1. Surrender Your Magic

2. Not A Witch

3. We Feel Your Pain

4. Unintended Consequences

5. Born For It

6. Stand Down

7. I Am Vision

8. I Want More

9. Ascendant

10. Home Again

11. What Am I?

12. Now Leaving Westview

13. Reborn

Intrada has close ties with Disney and has released physical CDs for several scores that Disney Records released as digital-only: Up (2009), Toy Story 3 (2010), The Avengers (2012), Oz: The Great and Powerful (2013), The Lone Ranger (2013), Thor: The Dark World (2013), etc.

Granted it hasn't happened in a while, but there is always hope it will happen again!

Not a Witch: Really like the string in this one, quite bewitching! ;)

Surrender Your Magic: A good accompagnement for the scene. The strong brass and soft strings show well Wanda's dilemma

We Feel Your Pain: a nice continuation of the previous cue.

I Am Vision: back with what seems to be Vision's theme, it's more elaborate than before, with a really nice crescendo

Unintended Consequences: a classic Beck's action cue

Born For It: another action cue, I find it better than the previous one, more varied especially on the intensity which nicely goes high and down all along the track

I Want More: A really strong and powerful track, Beck juggles well between Wanda's lightness, the darkness of Agatha and the great power of the two.

Home Again: A lighter variation of I Want More on the beginning before going back to a more heroic version of Wanda's theme

Stand Down: Perhaps one of the less interesting track. A fine dramatic cue but stucks between the biggest highlights of the score it loose a bit of its interest.

Ascendant: a great ascension before the best track...

What Am I: I think Beck couldn't have end better WandaVision romance, this track is really heart touching and full of hope, to me it's the best cue of the whole album and certainly one of the best of the show.

Now Leaving Westview: a good Epilogue with a nice last movement

Reborn: Not sure that this track would be really interesting if it doesn't contained the darkest Strange's Theme version ever!  :lovethis: Makes me regret Elfman's choice for Doctor Strange 2, I think Beck would have been perfect for the job.

[edit] actually I really like the Thanos like opening

Chronological order was all over the place again (probably to break up the nonstop action a bit more)

A lot of these tracks flow right from one into the other in the show, crossfading as it were.

Not much missing either outside of the first aftercredits scene, the first Hayward scene and Wanda trapping Agnes in a vision.

Just now, MedigoScan said:

Chronological order was all over the place again (probably to break up the nonstop action a bit more)

Surrender Your Magic
Not a Witch 
We Feel Your Pain
Unintended Consequences
Born For It
Stand Down
I am Vision
I Want More
Ascendant
Home Again
What Am I?
Now Leaving WestView
Up In Space

A lot of these tracks flow right from one into the other in the show, crossfading as it were.

Not much missing either outside of the first aftercredits scene, the first Hayward scene and Wanda trapping Agnes in a vision.

5 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Chronological for Episode 9:

1. Surrender Your Magic

2. Not A Witch

3. We Feel Your Pain

4. Unintended Consequences

5. Born For It

6. Stand Down

7. I Am Vision

8. I Want More

9. Ascendant

10. Home Again

11. What Am I?

12. Now Leaving Westview

13. Reborn

• 4 weeks later...

The missing pre-explosion cue from episode 8 has been mastered and is releasing as a digital single on Friday April 9th, so it's already on iTunes for example in any country where it's already Friday

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/family-tv-night-from-wandavision-episode-8-single/1560746062

https://music.apple.com/au/album/family-tv-night-from-wandavision-episode-8-single/1560746062

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I'm new here. Does anyone have any cue titles from WandaVision? Been working on that for months and I'm 100% sure about SOME cues.

Over the past few weeks, I've been in touch with two of the orchestrators on Big Red (Big Red was the working title). We haven't talked in a while since one of them just released his first debut album and the other one shunned me for posting one of the pics he sent me on Instagram. Regrets. So far, this is all I know.

Big Red 1

- 2M25 v5.1 - Main on Ends (Wanda's Theme on OST)

- 2M26 v1 - EC (Wanda and Vision on Ep 8 OST, they later moved the cue to Episode 8 as well)

- 2M23 v3.0 - Rings (same title on OST)

Big Red 2

- 2M19 v4.0 - Unwelcome Visitor (Beekeeper on OST)

- 2M20-21 - It's Really Happening Pt 2 (same title on OST but w/o the Pt 2)

Big Red 9

- [unknown cue title] - We Feel Your Pain (one of the orchestrators only sent me a pic of it so he could explain to me what a string section overdub meant. Same title on OST)

Guys, help me out here. I need more. I'm terrible at guessing cue titles.

Correction to title: I'm only 100% sure about some cues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...