The Ultimate JWFan Batman Poll

Edmilson

Favorite movies starring Batman  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Batman MOVIE?

• Batman (1989)
    • Batman Returns (1992)
    • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993)
    • Batman Forever (1995)
    • Batman & Robin (1997)
    • Batman Begins (2005)
    • The Dark Knight (2008)
    • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
    • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
    • The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
    • Batman (1966)
  2. 2. What'a your favorite Batman SCORE?

• Batman - Danny Elfman
    • Batman Returns - Danny Elfman
    • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - Shirley Walker
    • Batman Forever - Elliot Goldenthal
    • Batman & Robin - Elliot Goldenthal
    • Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
    • The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
    • The Dark Knight Rises - Hans Zimmer
    • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL
    • The Lego Batman Movie - Lorne Balfe
    • Batman (1966) - Nelson Riddle, Neal Hefti

Burton's BATMAN is the favourite film, and Elfman's BATMAN RETURNS the favourite score of those.

But poor BATMAN (1966) wasn't even worth a mention? The Hefti theme is a little hokey, but Riddle's score is actually great fun.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

But poor BATMAN (1966) wasn't even worth a mention? The Hefti theme is a little hokey, but Riddle's score is actually great fun.

I must confess I would chosen actually that one. I love this movie and the humor.

5 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Shit movies too. Among the worst ever. Huge disappointments, these Elfman and Burton fellas. And Jack Nicholson? Such a terrible performance as The Joker. 

The Joker should make us ask if like, we're the crazy ones, man.

My favorite movie is still The Dark Knight. As for the scores, the first five on the list are absolutely top notch, but my vote goes for Returns. Batman used the be the superhero consistently with the greatest music. How the mighty have fallen...

I never really got into the Zimmer scores (and I do enjoy a lot of his work but these just seemed quite blah). The Elfman original is one of the cornerstones of my collection and will always be a favourite, but my appreciation for the greater depth of Batman Returns has only increased with time and the complete release. While it's not one of the questions, I would probably put Shirley Walker's theme from Mask of the the Phantasm as my favourite Batman theme (even above Elfman's) though. Something about its mysterious, gothic grandeur which I think fits the character most effectively.

32 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I agree.

Not sure why this poll doesn't include the 1966 Batman movie.

I blame it on Edmilson's youth. ;)

Would having Batman 66 as an option have changed anybody's vote?  I watched the movie for the first time this year and while there's a lot of good stuff in the movie, I don't think it really hangs together well.

Just now, mstrox said:

Would having Batman 66 as an option have changed anybody's vote?  I watched the movie for the first time this year and while there's a lot of good stuff in the movie, I don't think it really hangs together well.

As I already mentioned, I would have voted for Batman 66 at least in the movie category.

Sorry for not including the 66 movie, guys, I didn't realize so many people liked that film. 

But don't worry, once the Matt Reeves movie come out, I'll redo this poll, and include the 2022 and the 1966 movies. :) 

Just now, Quintus said:

Anyone else find the original TV series unwatchable these days? Like Carry On movies. 

Agreed!  There's a lot to be said about the camp value, but I wouldn't be able to sit down and watch any significant amount.

I've been watching the original 60s TV series with my 6-year-old daughter and we've been loving it.  It's perfect for family viewing because it works as semi-ironic comedy for me and a wacky adventure show for her.

As a kid I inherited all of my dad’s Batman 66 trading cards from when he was a kid - that’s my favorite way to relive that series.

Has anyone seen the animated Batman 66 movies?  Are they fairly faithful to the show, or are they “Batman 66 through a 2010s lens?”   I bought them at one point but haven’t watched yet.

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

Has anyone seen the animated Batman 66 movies?  Are they fairly faithful to the show, or are they “Batman 66 through a 2010s lens?”   I bought them at one point but haven’t watched yet.

I wasn't even aware these existed.