The Ultimate JWFan Batman Poll

Edmilson

Favorite movies starring Batman  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Batman MOVIE?

• Batman (1989)
    • Batman Returns (1992)
    • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993)
    • Batman Forever (1995)
    • Batman & Robin (1997)
    • Batman Begins (2005)
    • The Dark Knight (2008)
    • The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
    • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
    • The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
    • Batman (1966)
  2. 2. What'a your favorite Batman SCORE?

• Batman - Danny Elfman
    • Batman Returns - Danny Elfman
    • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - Shirley Walker
    • Batman Forever - Elliot Goldenthal
    • Batman & Robin - Elliot Goldenthal
    • Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
    • The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
    • The Dark Knight Rises - Hans Zimmer
    • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL
    • The Lego Batman Movie - Lorne Balfe
    • Batman (1966) - Nelson Riddle, Neal Hefti

There are two, utlizing the original cast when able, including Adam West before his passing.  They also cast William Shatner as new (to '66) villain Two-Face, which is pretty on-point.

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

I wasn't even aware these existed.

9 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Neither did I.

Here they are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Return_of_the_Caped_Crusaders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_vs._Two-Face

La-La Land Records released the first score

https://lalalandrecords.com/batman-return-of-the-caped-crusaders-limited-edition/

The 60s Batman show gave birth to a famous internet meme in Brazil. Some guys in the 80s recorded an episode and then re-dubbed it, making the characters say a lot of dirty jokes. Then the video went viral right when YouTube started. 

Every Brazilian that accessed YouTube in the past 15 years know jokes like the Joker saying "Today I'm gonna fuck Batman! I'll fuck him right in the ass! I'm gonna rip his dick off!" and stuff on the same level.

19 hours ago, Edmilson said:

The 60s Batman show gave birth to a famous internet meme in Brazil. Some guys in the 80s recorded an episode and then re-dubbed it, making the characters say a lot of dirty jokes. Then the video went viral right when YouTube started. 

Every Brazilian that accessed YouTube in the past 15 years know jokes like the Joker saying "Today I'm gonna fuck Batman! I'll fuck him right in the ass! I'm gonna rip his dick off!" and stuff on the same level.

I love that one :D

9 hours ago, The Big Man said:

Why is Hans Zimmer such a condescending arse online?

Yeah, as you've shown me, Lord Zimmer constantly belittles people and gets into it with them on Facebook. He's like a bored middle aged housewife on social media. What an embarrassment. Is he just out of work right now?

24 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Really? What's he been saying? Does he have a Facebook presence? 

Yes, and I don't see any "belittling" in his Facebook posts. He mostly shares political posts that are very sympathetic. Anti-Trump (when that was a thing) and other issues with a social conscience.

26 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Really? What's he been saying? Does he have a Facebook presence? 

It was in a private group, where he pretty much railed against a guy who was asking for free sound samples for a specific instrument. It quite frankly seems more like a miscommunication issue, given the guy likely only meant actually free samples and not pirated like Zimmer was assuming. It's hard for me to really gauge much out of it, besides that I don't think HZ's heart was in the wrong place, but was likely too aggressive in tone anyway.

1 hour ago, HunterTech said:

It was in a private group, where he pretty much railed against a guy who was asking for free sound samples for a specific instrument. It quite frankly seems more like a miscommunication issue, given the guy likely only meant actually free samples and not pirated like Zimmer was assuming. It's hard for me to really gauge much out of it, besides that I don't think HZ's heart was in the wrong place, but was likely too aggressive in tone anyway.

Doesn't say much for Zimmer's reading comprehension.

One week after the start of the poll, I guess the results are pretty much definitive! So there they are:

The best Batman film according to JWFanners is The Dark Knight, with 16 votes! In second place, there's Batman Returns, with 12 votes. The 89 Batman movie is in third with 10 votes and Batman Begins is in fourth with 7 votes.

The best Batman score according to JWFanners is Danny Elfman's Batman with whopping 23 votes. The second best is Batman Returns with 16 votes. In a very distant third place there's The Dark Knight, with 4 votes. None of the other scores got more than 2 votes.

1 hour ago, The Big Man said:

I'm sure this bloke has cash to burn.

This process doesn't have to burn a hole in your pocket. The Internet is a big place, and has definitely helped democratized music. You can really creative nowadays, when it comes to finding people to work with.