Bernard Herrmann's The Day The Earth Stood Still coming from Neumation Music Publishing

Jay

Hello everyone,

I would like to share some exciting news for 2021 (we could all use some):

Our company, Neumation Music, will be joining the ranks of Tim at Omni and Chris Siddall by releasing the first of many film score study books: Bernard Herrmann's "The Day the Earth Stood Still." We have prepared several scores of cultural and musical importance that will be published in newly engraved, beautifully bound editions --an authoritative resource for scholars, composers, collectors, and fans to study the work of the most inventive composers to write for film.

This will be the first time the complete full scores, with the original orchestrations/arrangements, will be made available from the vaults. All of our publications are engraved from the full scores and parts used at the recording sessions.

We are very happy to announce a special release to coincide with the 70th anniversary of one of the greatest science fiction films of all time…..

KLAATU BARADA NIKTO!

Stay tuned for more information. We have some very cool projects scheduled for the coming months and possibly several CD releases, as well...scores that will be made available for the first time! Our next score book will be a classic Goldsmith from 1982.

Cheers!
The Neumation Music Team

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142867&forumID=1&archive=0

23 hours ago, Jay said:

Our next score book will be a classic Goldsmith from 1982

Wow! Could it be Rambo, or Secret of NIMH, or Poltergeist?

I assume this company is based in USA?

Aargh! Customs again!

I'd be interested to see it, just to see what the scoring for the Theremin looks like.

21 hours ago, filmmusic said:

...Rambo, or Secret of NIMH, or Poltergeist?

It'll most likely be POLTERGEIST.

There's no such film from 1982 called RAMBO. There is, however, a film from 1982 called FIRST BLOOD :). Happy to help.

• 2 months later...

I see this is now available for pre-order at https://neumation-music.com/. I would love to be able to purchase this score, but unfortunately I live in Europe, and therefore cannot! I don't suppose there is some kind soul on here with a non-European address who might be willing to acquire one and then send it on to me in the UK? Obviously I don't know any of you personally but I would of course be happy to pay you for it in advance. 

Or does anyone else in the UK who wishes to buy this have a better idea? 

On Facebook they said they hoped that future scores from them would not have similar restrictions. Hopefully their forthcoming Poltergeist score will not have the same issues...