Roger Feigelson announces a Williams title is coming from Intrada in 2021

Jay

Roger Feigelson on the FSM boards:

Any chance for a Horner or Williams in 2021?

Possibly and yes.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=10&threadID=140317&archive=0

Speculate about the Horner here and the Williams here!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Born on the Fourth of July the only one left after Far and Away, Minority Report, and War of the Worlds have all been expanded?

Why don't you want BOTFJ?

Seriously I don't care, but the latest expansions were not on my top 20 favourite JW's scores...  

I would like The Eiger Sanction, because I don't have the original CD in my collection... AND THAT BOTHERS ME A LOT!!! GRRRRR!!!

10 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I would like The Eiger Sanction, because I don't have the original CD in my collection... AND THAT BOTHERS ME A LOT!!! GRRRRR!!!

I am in the exact same position!

I personnally rejoice about this new.

I know a JW expansion per year seems to be something that we can take for guarented now but so does having one MCU movie per year... yet we had 2020.:(

If they could release as much as they did in 2018 in would be a real surprise.. but a welcome one!;)

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I can only imagine the mountain of paperwork that goes into each release.

I do imagine pile of papers pretty close to the Wall-E style:P

11 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

I wonder if they manage to make it so that Star Wars will become the last expansions (left) to be done.

Geez I hope not... we'd be waiting another 10 years! :mellow:

But with Disney's apparent disinterest in Star Wars expansions, I'd say the LA union fee situation will probably resolve itself sooner (opening up scores from Memoirs of a Geisha onwards).

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Geez I hope not... we'd be waiting another 10 years! :mellow:

But with Disney's apparent disinterest in Star Wars expansions, I'd say the LA union fee situation will probably resolve itself sooner (opening up scores from Memoirs of a Geisha onwards).

Do we know Disney isn't interested in doing them? Mike will need some time for working on nine scores 🤔

20 minutes ago, Bounty95 said:

Do we know Disney isn't interested in doing them? Mike will need some time for working on nine scores 🤔

Powell revealed he asked Disney about doing a Solo expansion for a couple years before they agreed. Bit of a red flag to me.

I get the impression that any Star Wars expansions will need to be instigated by Williams and his team, rather than Disney Records pursuing the idea themselves. They only seem interested in scraping the barrel with the laziest, most obvious releases possible ("Empire's 40th Anniversary? Oh, just shove that ancient album master on vinyl and slap an old poster on the front!")

1 minute ago, Bounty95 said:

True, but I see no reason why JW and Mike, with all the recent expansions, wouldn't be interested in releasing Star Wars as well. 

I'm sure it'll happen now that all 9 are finished. That was probably the milestone they were waiting to cross before tackling it. The annoying part is not knowing whether anything has been started, or how long a set that big would take to produce. 2-3 years? Especially if Mike is busy with concurrent projects. :(

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Seriously, unless it's Star Wars prequels, I'm not all that excited anymore... 

I know weird things have happened in the past but I can't see any reason for Disney to license Star Wars to a smaller label.  Walt Disney Records is large enough to handle physical and digital releases themselves and retain all the profits. They'd want to make their money back from all those LA fees (5-6 hours worth, if they actually include all the early unused cues/alternates).

35 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Oh, just shove that ancient album master on vinyl

If only they did that! Instead of shoving the new but very fucked up album master on vinyl.

20 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I know weird things have happened in the past but I can't see any reason for Disney to license Star Wars to a smaller label.  Walt Disney Records is large enough to handle physical and digital releases themselves and retain all the profits. They'd want to make their money back from all those LA fees (5-6 hours worth, if they actually include all the early unused cues/alternates).

Disney is so humongous now, maybe they'll buy up Intrada, just so it can handle all of its soundtracks in the future... 

Weirder things have happened! 

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

Has anybody considered the possibility Roger was just talking about the new version of Jaws with bonus tracks removed?

That would be evil.

Some part of me really doesn't want this one to be The Patriot - simply because I'd love to see what Titus could do with the design for that one for LLL, I'm thinking it'd make a nice pair with Far and Away.

Doesn't really strike me as news? With the recent onslaught of JW releases generally in recent years, the confirmation that there's another one coming is welcome, but ultimately doesn't really change anything, does it.

1 hour ago, Harry Irene said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Oliver Stone Collection. 

I can't see it happening. All 3 films have completely different licensing situations (and WB are apparently very difficult to license from now).

It is curious that none have been expanded yet though.