Roger Feigelson announces a Williams title is coming from Intrada in 2021

Jay

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange because Williams has spoken highly about those Stone collabs and wishing they'd done another film together. They seem like good candidates for scores JW would ask Mike about expanding, like Dracula.

8 hours ago, TSMefford said:

It's obviously Williams' rejected score for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. What else would it be? 

You mean Williams' rejected score for Harry Potter 4-8 and Fantastic Beasts 1-2 :biglaugh:

25 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

That's right. The 18-disc box set.

And that's a minimum!

I still don't understand why they were only 7 discs on the previous one. I mean, it is know that there is so much more! :znaika:

Next Intrada release is Feb 23rd but no clues this time, could it be the JW release for his birthday month?  

Roger Feigelson writes:

Our next release is 2/23.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8657

Let the flailing begin!

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=142904&forumID=1&archive=0

It's not accurate at all to say there's no clues this time; Intrada hasn't done clues for many years now.  Roger just posts what the title is the week before it goes in sale. Since it goes in sale Feb 23, he'll post the title around Wednesday the 17th-Thursday the 18th. There's nothing unusual happening here.

• 1 month later...

It could be a c&c release of SpaceCamp.  I’m not sure how much music is missing from the OST release?  It’s also the 35th anniversary of the film, which probably doesn’t mean much but it’s something.  

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Why did @Fabulin wipe out the contents of his posts in this thread?

Great question. Always wondered the same for BloodBoal, must have taken a huge time to go over each post and edit them.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Why did @Fabulin wipe out the contents of his posts in this thread?

Perhaps you could test out making posts uneditable after a week or so. I know you tested with a hour, but that's way too short time.

The problem with that is those threads where the first post needs to be maintained/updated over time.  I wish there was a way to grant an exception to the first post in a thread!

43 minutes ago, King Mark said:

hmm I thought it was less than that

I don’t know the score in the film well enough to say. Would ‘Lift Off’ be the second part of ‘The Shuttle’ album track, for instance?

"White Sands" is the only track on the OST album that combines music from two different parts of the film in one track

The chrono order of the OST album is

1. 01 Main Title (3:07)
  2. 05 Friends Forever (2:20)
  3. 02 Training Montage (2:00)
  4. 04 The Computer Room (1:54)
  5. 03 The Shuttle (5:02)
  6. 06 In Orbit (3:12)
  7. 07A [0:00-3:12] White Sands (3:12)
  8. 09 Viewing Daedalus (2:45)
  9. 12 Max Finds Courage (3:53)
  10. 10 Max Breaks Loose (2:21)
  11. 11 Andie Is Stranded (4:08)
  12. 07B [3:12-end] White Sands (3:40)
  13. 13 Re-Entry (3:55)
  14. 14 Home Again (3:30)
  15. 08 SpaceCamp (4:06)

I'm not familiar enough with the film (I only saw it once) to remember anything specific about unreleased music in the film, or which OST tracks might contain different cues combined (or what their names could be)

Hmm, it turns out the whole film is on youtube

You can hear the unreleased cue "Arrival at Daedalus" here from 2:44-3:25

This is the cue fans used to call "Docking Fanfare", and it's always been cited as the most notable unreleased music.

So, whoever has the rights to SpaceCamp cares so little that the whole thing’s been up on YouTube for two years in great quality:

@Jay

3:47-end of ‘The Shuttle’ must be the cue ‘Taking Off’

0:00-3:12 of the ‘White Sands’ OST track is ‘Insufficient Oxygen’.

There could be some other short consecutive cues combined, too. So, there’s less than 5 minutes of music (in the film, anyway) unreleased.

It's the other way around, 0:00-3:12 would be Insufficient Oxygen and 3:12-end would be White Sands

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's the other way around, 0:00-3:12 would be Insufficient Oxygen and 3:12-end would be White Sands

Oops, yeah. Corrected.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:28 AM, Harry Irene said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Oliver Stone Collection. 

This too is what I want but that’s being picky. I’d be interested in anything from the last 30 years that hasn’t yet been expanded. 

I thought an Oliver Stone box set was ruled out because of the complex licensing differences for all 3 scores (especially the Disney/Hollywood Records factor for Nixon). It's not a HP or JP situation where one studio owns all the scores.

It is curious that JFK was being readied for expansion back in 2017 but hasn't seen the light of the day, however. Makes you wonder if LLL changed tact and are aiming for a repeat of the 'Disaster Box' release, bundling the 3 Oliver Stone scores together but not as a "collection" per se.

Not totally out of the realms of possibility. JW himself asked for Earthquake/Towering Inferno/Poseidon to be released together, he could easily have requested the same for his Oliver Stone trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I heard that in exactly 8 days from now, there will be an announcement of an 18 CD box set of the Complete SW scores.  

Was there ever any hope, Gandalf? 

Only an (April) fool's hope.

All my money on a 100 CD box set of the John Williams Spielberg Collection including the expanded edition of their 28 collaboration and in bonus the alternate score to RPO, Bridge of Spies, The Color Purple

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I remember one April 1st, when the entire site was turned into MGfan! Very funny :lol:

OMG!