Roger Feigelson announces a Williams title is coming from Intrada in 2021

Jay

Well Kamen has been announced for the April 6th slot, hopefully Williams is next?  Fingers crossed!!  It’s been 5 months + since WOTW was announced.  Time Tunnel doesn’t count Jay 😂 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just mentioning this on the Intrada thread. Williams and Elfman is what's lined up (next) as per Roger's itinery. And don't forget LLLs incoming line up. I can tell you that May will be an expensive month. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 6:23 AM, Amer said:

And don't forget LLLs incoming line up. I can tell you that May will be an expensive month. 

Haha, hopefully they haven't announced all the May titles yet :D

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Haha, hopefully they haven't announced all the May titles yet :D

Well its a start...

6 hours ago, filmmusic said:

When are we expecting the next Intrada announcement?

They try to release titles every 2 weeks for the most part. Rio Conchos was today's new title, so the next one would be 2 weeks from now, unless of course there are any delays or snafus or whatever

it doesn't stand for anything

Oh, it seem someone invented an acronym for it later, but that's not the use I was intending

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

it doesn't stand for anything

Oh, it seem someone invented an acronym for it later, but that's not the use I was intending

No, I'm pretty sure the acronym came first as a military expression, that later led to it being used as a general term for mix-ups/hitches.

Info from Roger Feigelson from January 2021:

Well nothing is predictable, but we're hoping for more stuff by DeVol, Kamen, Goldsmith, Elfman, Williams, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Folk, Goldsmith, Poledouris, Zimmer. But who knows...things change rapidly!

DeVol, Kamen and Goldsmith are already out, so the next one is Elfman and then ...(probably at the beginning of June) ... Willliams!!! :woop:

9 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Can't think of an EFlman score that i want, or think needs expanding.

Edward Scissorhands would be terrific. I don't know though if it's Intrada's territory

3 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Edward Scissorhands would be terrific. I don't know though if it's Intrada's territory

Hmmmm.

Maybe they will release that one someday.

I shall put it in their" Suggestion Box"

😎

42 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Hasnt that already been released?

1 hour ago, May the Force be with You said:

Mike Matessino already did Edward Scissorhands for Intrada just a few years back. 

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25839-edward-scissorhands-by-danny-elfman-new-intrada-expanded/

Just wondering about that future Elfman release and it appears to me that the MIB have no expansions yet. So maybe it would be an idea although it's under Sony so I don't know if it would compatible with Intrada.

According to the person who runs this site, Intrada‘s Scissorhands is complete:

https://chrono-score.blogspot.com/2015/12/edward-scissorhands.html?m=1

They don’t use any of the isolated score in their playlist anymore; it’s all Intrada’s release.  The only thing not on Intrada’s release are a few cassette tape demos exclusive to the Elfman/Burton box.

Honestly, it’s such a slight expansion and the OST is a much better listening experience anyway.

8 minutes ago, Amer said:

I'd welcome Elfman's Sommersby. Another unusual but warm Elfman score. That would be great to have. 

One of his best scores!  The OST is great, I'd mostly welcome a new edition to hopefully expose the score to more listeners.  The movie was also filmed in my little corner of the world.

What are the odds for a Elfman (and Young) Spider-Man box set, with the complete scores from the three movies, including the alternates (which I'm sure there's too many of them?). Actually, is it Intrada territory?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware, Disney is the only studio that seems to have an exclusive relationship with a specialty label.  Every other studio has worked with pretty much all the main specialties, right?  So a Sony movie can't really be said to be the exclusive "territory" of any label?

9 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

What are the odds for a Elfman (and Young) Spider-Man box set, with the complete scores from the three movies, including the alternates (which I'm sure there's too many of them?).

I'd speculate they'd each get individual 2CD sets instead of a box set

Spider-man 3 is post-2005 USA so would be harder to do than the first two

Plus, whatever dumb legal things caused the score album that Young assembled to never be released could still be a factor, who knows

Actually, is it Intrada territory?

Why would you suggest that?

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware, Disney is the only studio that seems to have an exclusive relationship with a specialty label.  Every other studio has worked with pretty much all the main specialties, right?  So a Sony movie can't really be said to be the exclusive "territory" of any label?

That's right.

All the various specialty labels have released titles from WB, Paramount, Sony, MGM, and Fox.  It's only Disney that has granted licenses to one specialty label only (Intrada).  Why?  I have no idea.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Spider-man 3 is post-2005 USA so would be harder to do than the first two

Plus, whatever dumb legal things caused the score album that Young assembled to never be released could still be a factor, who knows

Yeah, I forgot about SM3 being post-2005, which is unfortunate. Sure, several bootlegs exist, but Young doesn't get paid on bootlegs. 

On the other hand, Spider-Man is Sony's biggest franchise. I don't think they'd let a specialty label tackle anything from their biggest cash cow. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

After they botched Ghostbusters and there are indications they botched Ghostbustes 2 as well let's hope they let the specialty labels do the Spider-mans....

That reminds me that in Feb 2019 MV posted they had 2 titles at Sony Music and just last week MV said they still have 2 titles at Sony Music.  Maybe they are Spider-man 1 and 2 lol

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

That reminds me that in Feb 2019 MV posted they had 2 titles at Sony Music and just last week MV said they still have 2 titles at Sony Music.  Maybe they are Spider-man 1 and 2 lol

You know damn well that one of these titles will be Hook. Right?... RIGHT??? 

I hope so!

I have no idea what the two titles are... or even if the 2 titles he mentioned last week are the same as the 2 titles from 2 years ago!

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

After they botched Ghostbusters and there are indications they botched Ghostbustes 2 

Oh no, what did those monsters do now!?

13 minutes ago, mstrox said:

They didnt include the alternates that were on the previous release.

It's beyond criminal, it's a hate crime!😝😛

41 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

As much as I like the Spidey scores, but my priority from Sony is The Patriot, so I hope it is one of those two titles announced... lol

Sony Music has nothing to do with The Patriot. The OST was on Hollywood Records (Disney). The unreleased cues are with the film studio, Sony Pictures. 

38 minutes ago, mstrox said:

When the tracklist was revealed the amount of tracks was very small so people think it might be very incomplete. 

Of course, maybe Edelman just combined short cues into longer tracks, we don't know yet (the track list reveal had no times) 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

All the various specialty labels have released titles from WB, Paramount, Sony, MGM, and Fox.  It's only Disney that has granted licenses to one specialty label only (Intrada).  Why?  I have no idea.

I always just assumed Disney owned Intrada! 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Why not a “Danny Elfman Spider-Man Collection” to sell alongside the Batman one? Also, I’m pretty sure MV said Spidey 3 would be a licensing nightmare. 

I admit, I am not at all interested in Danny Elfman expanions so far.

So far, the OSTs are usually more than sufficient and contain all the interesting pieces.

Just improvement of sound quality might be a reason here or if OSTs are out of print.

But there I would probably prefer just remixes of the OSTs.

The only composers where I am really interested in expansions are John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith, and for Jerry mainly because most of the OSTs just carry half an hour of music which often just feels like a glimpse through the key hole on the score.