Did somebody here buy me a Fiddler of the Roof 30th Anniversary Edition CD?

Jay

There was a package for me in the mailbox today from Amazon, and I opened it up to find a used copy of the 30th anniversary EMI edition of Fiddler on the Roof.

But I didn't order it, or rather, I did recently order it, but I bought myself a new and sealed copy for $13 (on Jan 14) and it arrived 3 days later (on Jan 17)

This is some completely separate order - it says Order ID 111-5203859-7129818 (not an order# from my own Amazon history), and buyer was "lady crefour".  Ordered on Jan 23, 7:37PM, Amazon Marketplace seller is a "Dream Books Company" out of Denver, Colorado.  And it has my name and address as the Ship To.  Doesn't say how much it was sold for.

So yea.  If somebody here who knows my address didn't send this to me, I have no clue how it ended up getting delivered here  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Just now, Fabulin said:

Maybe one of the several thousand lurkers. Damn, they are scary. They know where you live!

Well lurkers who send you JW's rare CD are damn nice one! I wish I have some like them too! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

tenor (1).gif

Is that Heidi Gardner?  I think she's one of the funniest people on SNL right now

I was almost going to add to my post "or is that someone I don't know who looks like a cross between her and Kristen Schaal?"

The really strange thing is my recent Amazon order numbers all start with 114, and this is 111 which would be a really old order, but it wasn't.

This whole thing is just bizarre

That's one of the Williams CDs I don't have yet (along with The Eiger Sanction and Masters Film Music version of Reivers)

hint, hint, ladycrefour

I can't imagine how it wouldn't be better to own this version over the original OST album, which is OOP and you'd have to find a used copy for anyway (while this 30th edition is available new and sealed for $13)

The difference between the two is that this adds 4 Williams score tracks that weren't on the OST in between the song tracks, and a demo song at the end.

I don't know if the sound is the same or better than the OST, but I doubt it's any worse.

I'd have to imagine a 50th anniversary edition for 2021 would be something a specialty label would want to make happen, but with the UME glut that's been holding back UME releases for almost a year now who knows if that will even be possible

They haven't been approving releases since lockdowns started

You can see a list of which Williams scores this affects here

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32706-john-williams-scores-by-music-label

On 2/2/2021 at 4:36 PM, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I had Fiddler on the Roof many years ago, never listened to it and gave it away to some poor devil on this webzone.

And I've not forgotten your generosity.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the first one was a legit computer glitch that sent a purchase to the wrong address

This seems to be a true gift from someone who saw the thread