WandaVision SHOW Discussion

Jay

It's a legitimate question. 'Fun' doesn't necessarily means 'funny'. I would truly surprise me if someone would be rolling over the floor with WandaVision

Fun, as in I had fun watching it. Some parts were funny, yes. I mean the retro thing is a little too cutesy but it turned out the characters worked well in that setting. I liked the upbeat, chipper tone, it was refreshing. I liked all the jokes about Vision trying to appear human, pretty relatable for some of us, LOL!

15 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Fun, as in I had fun watching it. Some parts were funny, yes. I mean the retro thing is a little too cutesy but it turned out the characters worked well in that setting. I liked the upbeat, chipper tone, it was refreshing. I liked all the jokes about Vision trying to appear human, pretty relatable for some of us, LOL!

The second episode was hilarious, Bettany showed comedic chops I never knew he had before!

On 1/27/2021 at 2:59 AM, AC1 said:

Stopped watching WandaVision after 7 minutes. 

14 minutes ago, AC1 said:

I've seen every available episode. 

Which is it?

At the time of writing the first post was true. However, time has passed since then. Someone said that the series jumps further in time ('50s, '60s, '70s, etc) and so I watched all of it.  I don't have any other series that I want to watch at the moment. Heck, I even resumed The Rise Of Skywalker for 30 minutes or so. Still can't get though the whole thing though.

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

The second episode was hilarious, Bettany showed comedic chops I never knew he had before!

Yeah it's great to see different sides of these characters/actors that wouldn't fit into your standard Avengers movie.

I wonder what 80's sitcoms they will pay homage to.  Perfect Strangers? Family Ties? Alf?

90's I'd image Full House and Friends.  Probably not Married With Children or Seinfeld

00's Malcolm in the Middle, Two and A Half Men, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond?

10's Modern Family is the only family sitcom that really comes to mind.  They'd not gonna do Office/Parks and Rec I don't think

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I wonder what 80's sitcoms they will pay homage to.  Perfect Strangers? Family Ties? Alf?

90's I'd image Full House and Friends.  Probably not Married With Children or Seinfeld

00's Malcolm in the Middle, Two and A Half Men, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond?

10's Modern Family is the only family sitcom that really comes to mind.  They'd not gonna do Office/Parks and Rec I don't think

How many decades are they going to make it through before the two worlds/storylines converge with some finality?  The series is nine episodes long, so we have

1) 50s

2) 60s

3) 70s

4) Outside world

5) 80s?

6) 90s?

7) 00s?

8) 10s?

9) Finale?

That's assuming that there aren't any other outside world interludes and that there is only one real world wrap-up at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just do one "21st century" one.  To be honest, I'd love to see an Arrested Development style take, but if they make it up to modern day family sitcoms, I'm sure they'd do single camera no-laugh-track style regardless - whether they do Office-style talking heads, who knows.

Who knows!

There's no guarantee they'll even stick to the sitcom shtick; maybe Wanda will turn things into a crime procedural or reality competition show!

New trailer for WandaVision is half footage from episodes 1-4 and half new footage

A bit towards the end confirms they'll definitely be riffing on Modern Family

Yikes, Episode 5 is out now and I completely forgot to write about Episode 4

I thought it was pretty cool!

I wasn't expecting they to do an entire episode from the "outside" view, but in retrospect it makes perfect sense, and was probably the right time to do it.

It was great to see Kat Dennings as Darcy again, and she's easily one of the best tertiary MCU characters, and I've had a crush on Kat Dennings ever since 2 Broke Girls

Randall Park as the FBI guy was also a nice addition.  The new character of Captain Marvel's friend's daughter was also pretty cool.  It was fun realizing what was going on in the opening scene (oh, this is when everyone comes back from the snap), and kinda wish they spent more time with her acclimating to her life again instead of just jumping forward 3 weeks to her being good to go back to work and diving into the Westview mystery.

The explanation for the drone helicopter and beekeper were pretty cool, and the reversal of the "Wanda, who's doing this to you?" radio messages were a bit clunky but made sense I guess.

I liked the little things like realizing that when Wanda rewinds time, these guys observing only get the rewound version and not the original version of events.  I think this will be more and more important as time goes on.

Oh, and realizing this was an actual town that she's trapped real people in and it isn't like, all in her head was kinda interesting, too.  I didn't really understand the part where they were identifying the people and saying "such and such name in the roll of such".. like, she's forcing the people who lived in that neighborhood to act like the characters she wants for her sitcom world instead of just interacting with them as the are?  Kinda dark.  Maybe this somewhat explains the weird scene in episode 1 where the guy was choking and Vision didn't help him until she explicitly told him to?  Like everyone has parameters to follow but doesn't know what to do in certain situations unless Wanda tells them?

Wanda's brief glimpse of Vision post-stone removal was pretty cool.  Interesting that at the end, they were still in 70s with newborns mode.  WIll the next episode still be the 70s, or just jump forward to the 80s between episodes?

We'll hopefully watch episode 5 soon!

Spoiler

Yeah the next episode tine jumps.

Seems like Monica has beef with Carol (Captain Marvel), probably something to do with her mom?

Interesting cameo, though it wasn't a surprise for me,I wonder if it is the first hint at the multiverse. (Which will be a part of Doctor Strange 3 and supposedly Spider-Man 3)

How is the MCU going to reconcile the X-Men into their universe when one has a completely different tone and centers around the plight of an oppressed people? The two worlds are non-overlapping and to do so would be to cheapen the struggles and identities of the X-Men.

I once said that the comical tone of the MCU is a double edged sword - it offers some great levity in bringing these characters to the screen and makes them light entertainment. Yet at the same time, they all feel like cardboard cutouts of their characters, reduced to basic self parody in many cases.

WandaVision, aside from the sitcom guise is really hollow. It's nothing beyond its setting, there's nothing beneath the surface - and any serious moments betray the levity of the rest of the MCU.

5 minutes ago, Arpy said:

How is the MCU going to reconcile the X-Men into their universe when one has a completely different tone and centers around the plight of an oppressed people? The two worlds are non-overlapping and to do so would be to cheapen the struggles and identities of the X-Men.

I once said that the comical tone of the MCU is a double edged sword - it offers some great levity in bringing these characters to the screen and makes them light entertainment. Yet at the same time, they all feel like cardboard cutouts of their characters, reduced to basic self parody in many cases.

WandaVision, aside from the sitcom guise is really hollow. It's nothing beyond its setting, there's nothing beneath the surface - and any serious moments betray the levity of the rest of the MCU.

Like gia! ;)

Been watching this lately with the fam. Honestly, don't see what's special about it at all. Seems like dollops of genre TV with typical uber-mechanical Marvel universe plotting (some of the non-sequitur references are cringey).

If it weren't for Olsen's oozing on-screen charisma, this would very much be a slog.

As a twitter user, I'm pretty tired of seeing that red headed character everywhere. I watched two "essential" Marvel movies (according to some articles I read on the net) before watching "The End Game", just to be able to understand a bit the story... well, "Understand", that's a big word.

But, spinoffs of spinoffs's spinoffs (or "phases" like they say).  STOP.

Spiderman remains my favourite hero btw.  I mean, that ass!

Bespin Wanda tells a bigger story. Its not spin offs its a cinematic universe 

5 minutes ago, Bespin said:

It's not a cinematic universe, it's a money printing machine.

Perhaps but its about the bigger picture. Shes about to become the most powerful villain 

11 minutes ago, Arpy said:

So Quicksilver is the same from X-Men films or is this the same actor playing the character from the MCU? 

In the show they are wondering why he was re-casted. So everyone there is same confused as the audience.