WandaVision SHOW Discussion

Jay

I watched that Honest Trailer, and it was good and funny!  But I think the Pitch Meeting was just a bit better and funnier

• 1 month later...

I've rewatched WandaVision on my new TV the other week. Once you know where it is going the finale becomes more coherent and enjoyable. What becomes obvious it is primarily a character piece and as such it is one of the most satisfying stories in the MCU. Yes, the finale isn't all that exciting in terms of plotting and stuff but on an emotional level it just works for me. Even the Quicksilver thing didn't bother me as it is quite clear he's not the real one anyway. And it works thematically with the main story too.

Karol

17 hours ago, crocodile said:

I've rewatched WandaVision on my new TV the other week. Once you know where it is going the finale becomes more coherent and enjoyable. What becomes obvious it is primarily a character piece and as such it is one of the most satisfying stories in the MCU. 

I'd be keen to rewatch it now without all the mystery of the thing. Olsen was great

I have a question.  Since you just re-watched it all, does the Agatha stuff make any more sense?

What I mean is that when you look at the overall story, it really was a story of Wanda dealing with grief, getting new powers (or understanding existing powers, or whatever), and resurrecting/creating a new version of Vision. (And I guess Monica getting powers too).

Agatha doesn't directly relate to that too much.  Does a second watch help make her feel more essential to Wanda's development?  Is it any clearer exactly what Agatha was trying to do from her arrival until she revealed herself to Wanda in the basement?  Does the song where Agatha claims to have been behind everything that happened make any more sense?

It is quite clear to me that Agatha is trying to figure out more about this phenomenon. She seems to be putting an idea into Wanda's head to create children and then she wonders whether she's capable of resurrecting the dead when she kills the dog. In order to find out more she creates fake Pietro but Wanda is suspicious and it backfires. But because of outside interference she seems to accelerate her plans and hence the reveal. 

The song itself, I think, is mostly just a joke. 

Karol

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

It is quite clear to me that Agatha is trying to figure out more about this phenomenon. She seems to be putting an idea into Wanda's head to create children

Oh!  Wow!  I definitely didn't know that!  So you're saying before Wanda discovers she's pregnant, there's a scene with Agatha where she coaxes her into wanting them?

and then she wonders whether she's capable of resurrecting the dead when she kills the dog.

Oh wow, another thing I didn't pick up on.  Interesting!

In order to find out more she creates fake Pietro but Wanda is suspicious and it backfires.

Oh I see, interesting...

But because of outside interference she seems to accelerate her plans and hence the reveal. 

Basically SWORD forced her hand and she had to start directly asking Wanda questions rather then trying to subtly and sneaky for any longer?

The song itself, I think, is mostly just a joke. 

Unfortunately, yea, that seems to be the case, doesn't it...

There is a scene in episode two where she tells Wanda that she needs to impress Dottie if she wants help with school admissions and Wanda says it's bit early for that.

When the kids ask her to bring back Sparky she blatantly asks "can you do that?". It's all subtle but this is the only interpretation that makes sense. Agatha wants to know whether Wanda is capable of spontaneous creation. 

And yes, I think Monica's reappearance forces her hand.

Oh and she tries to draw Vision away from Wanda by raising his suspicions. Hence the scene in the car. 

Karol

As for Evan Peter's casting, it does make sense. At that point in the story she is confused and wants to believe it's him. And we are supposed to identify with her and feel the same. It is the only casting choice that actually made sense.

Karol

• 3 months later...

Looks like something is happening with this show on September 10th.  Blu Ray release?  Extended versions of episodes? Teaser announcing a season 2?

Look at the sixth image

https://www.facebook.com/237586379701646/posts/4079665822160330/

You don't need to have an account to see the image, you just click on it and it shows you the pics

All it is is a calendar with September 10th circled which is different from the August date circled (for their anniversary) in the actual show

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2021 at 8:40 PM, crocodile said:

I've rewatched WandaVision on my new TV the other week. Once you know where it is going the finale becomes more coherent and enjoyable. What becomes obvious it is primarily a character piece and as such it is one of the most satisfying stories in the MCU. Yes, the finale isn't all that exciting in terms of plotting and stuff but on an emotional level it just works for me. Even the Quicksilver thing didn't bother me as it is quite clear he's not the real one anyway. And it works thematically with the main story too.

Karol

I enjoyed everything except the lackluster human villain and the flying CGI fight.

• 3 weeks later...