What is John Williams' most repetetive score?

GerateWohl

What is Williams' most repetetive score?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is Williams' most repetetive score?

• Dracula
    • The Accidential Tourist
    • Presumed Innocent
    • other (please name in the comments)

3 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Yes, older people tend to hear more quiet music. The stressful action big orchestra is more enjoyable for younger  nerves. I am also not listening to that much hard core or punk music like I used in my younger days.

Heeeeeey, I'm older than probably most - if not all - of you on this message board and I still love the loud frenetic grandly melodic stuff the best.  Unlike Thor, I am apparently perpetually stuck in my 20s/30s.  :P

4 minutes ago, tranders65 said:

Heeeeeey, I'm older than probably most - if not all - of you on this message board and I still love the loud frenetic grandly melodic stuff the best.  Unlike Thor, I am apparently perpetually stuck in my 20s/30s.  :P

Do you think you're older than @Naïve Old Fart, @JoeinAR, and @Ricard?

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Do you think you're older than @Naïve Old Fart, @JoeinAR, and @Ricard?

I actually have no idea, Jay - but I'm betting I am, lol.  I'm 55.

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Maybe he ages as slowly as he posts - 40 posts since 2013!

I'm very very selective.  ;)

I don't think it's a question of age. It's a question of mood we want to be in or not.

As a very anxious person, music acts like Hypnosis to me, when I hear danger music, my brain think he's in danger.  So I don't always like to feel like this.

There's a superb scene in the movie "Immortal Beloved" where Beethoven (well, Gary Oldman) explain that music is made for the composer to express to the listener what he feeled when he composed the music, what he was doing and thinking, that it's finally like hypnosis).

For me, music works exactly like that.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I don't think it's a question of age. It's a question of mood we want to be in or not.

Yes, it's just an hypothesis, since I've taken it slower in so many other parts of my life (I don't go to the disco/out on the town as much as I did just 10 years ago, for example), so it would make sense that music listening follows suit. But it could merely be as simple as changed taste in things.

1 hour ago, tranders65 said:

I actually have no idea, Jay - but I'm betting I am, lol.  I'm 55.

I'm very very selective.  ;)

There are actually quite a few members here who were born between 1960 and 1965, or even earlier.

17 minutes ago, Ricard said:

There are actually quite a few members here who were born between 1960 and 1965, or even earlier.

Well dang...I wanted to win.  They must be quieter like I am, lol. 

2 hours ago, tranders65 said:

Midlife crisis.

3 hours ago, Ricard said:

How many of them have made more than a post or 2 in the past year?

On 2/10/2021 at 7:59 AM, tranders65 said:

Yep, I had the same reaction - I've listened to all of Williams released scores many times and it's definitely one of my least favorites for that exact reason.

I adore the main theme, I just don't need to hear it that many times.  I've always wondered if there's more to the score that is unreleased and would make me reassess it.

I just checked once more. On the Presumed Innocent OST:

Track 3, Family Life, no main theme.

Track 8, Leon Talks, no main theme.

Track 10, Case Dismissed, no main theme.

Track 13, Barbara's Confession, just after 2.minutes a very brief rendition to the main theme in the piano, apart from that no main theme.

I will gladly admit I am the oldest untill someone else takes the title. Beside while I am not musically talented i have the musical memory of John's growth throught the years. I know his highs and lows. My life's history has John writing the main music with help from Goldsmith, Horner, Newton, Stiner Herrman, and others with songs by the Beatles, Madonna, and others. Life is good.