What is JW's most joyous composition?

crumbs

Great thread idea @crumbs, and I agree with so many of the examples others have noted. JW really just has so many great joyful cues. It's incredible. In fact I think that's what drew me to JW in the first place. A few examples that I believe haven't been mentioned:

13 hours ago, Will said:

Great thread idea @crumbs, and I agree with so many of the examples others have noted. JW really just has so many great joyful cues. It's incredible. In fact I think that's what drew me to JW in the first place. A few examples that I believe haven't been mentioned:

I absolutely love that part!  Almost posted it myself.  It's such a nice little moment leading into the rebel fanfare!

On 2/18/2021 at 8:53 AM, SteveMc said:

The alternate medal ceremony version of "Summon The Heroes" is plenty joyous, I think. 

The opening seconds remind me of The Patriot. I've never heard this version before and it is FANTASTIC! 

Most joyous?

I'm going to go with either EXULTATE JUSTI, or GLORIA.

Don't believe me? Imagine The Man himself, conducting the London Symphony Orchestra, and the London Symphony Chorus, at the Royal Albert Hall, all on February 8th, 2022, in front of five thousand two hundred and seventy-two adoring fans. Now, imagine yourself front row, and centre.

Sounds pretty joyous now, huh?

Oh man, I can name quite a few. I've always loved Exultate Justi although I'm not 100% sure it's a Williams composition? From 1941 I always lean to Battle Over Hollywood or End Titles March. that section of The Flying Sequence from Superman (especially when that Statue of Liberty fanfare kicks in *swoon*), March of the Villains, Battle in the Snow from ESB, Parade of the Ewoks, and the complete Indy's First Adventure sequence from Last Crusade, the battle music from Hook, The Land Race from Far and Away, Cry Your Tears, Africa from Amistad (I LOVE this score) and the main title from The Patriot.  

On 2/21/2021 at 10:54 PM, igger6 said:

Between discovering this today and re-discovering @Pando's reconstruction of the alternate "Scavenger" cue last week, my mind boggles at the wealth of unheard Williams treasure that's probably going to surface over the next few decades.  Matessino will be employed full-time until the day he dies.  Let's just hope somebody is willing to underwrite the archiving and release of it all.

I don’t want to crush anyone’s dreams, but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting to see all those NBC cues for the News and the Olympics released in any kind of format in the foreseeable future. That stuff is extremely complicated in terms of licensing and residuals that must be paid. We’re lucky enough that Williams re-recorded some of that stuff with the Pops back in the day.