Junkie XL's JUSTICE LEAGUE (2021)

Edmilson

1 hour ago, gkgyver said:

Well, he should have hired someone entirely different for this, to rewrite it, because Junkie sucks. 

Addendum: no, I haven't heard the score yet, and no, I don't give a crap. 

No one has heard the score. 

• 7 months later...

Junkie XL's Score for Snyder Cut - Score Preview - 

The OST is apparently 4 hours long.

He had written a lot of the score before he was fired along with Snyder. Snyder said in a recent interview, some of the music originally written for JL got used in other movies, so Junkie XL had to start from scratch in some cases and in others he could re-use what he had written in 2016-2017.

Starting from 3:51 is the main theme - 

For what its worth, its a reasonably decent theme - memorable to me at least. Snyder used it in one of the teasers and I was able to immediately recognize it.

37 minutes ago, The Big Man said:

So in BvS, he was Junkie XL, but for JL, he uses his real name... won't that confuse the market?

He hasn't been credited as Junkie XL for a few years now.  Since around 2016-2018 I think he started being credited as just Tom Holkenborg for every movie he's scored.

From the preview, like with the movie and the HBO Max previews, the score is shaping up to be exactly what I would expect for a Snyder DC film. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure some will like it.

If the OST actually is 4 hours long, then I'll probably pick it up. I like supporting longer OSTs.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

He hasn't been credited as Junkie XL for a few years now.  Since around 2016-2018 I think he started being credited as just Tom Holkenborg for every movie he's scored.

It’s like that stupid 420SteveIsAMadLad69XXX email address he created as a teenager and now feels like a dope when applying for jobs.

In a new interview with I Minutmen it's revealed that if Snyder's Justice League ever hits theaters, it will include a 10-minute musical intermission featuring a suite of Junkie XL's score. It's unclear if this would be different than the music that would appear in the credits. https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-justice-league-intermission/

"And if the movie is able to be viewed in the cinema, we have a 10-minute intermission which is built into the movie and has a beautiful suite of music," he added. Then, the director held his phone up and played a piece from the intermission to share with the interviewers and fans alike, which is also comprised by the film's composer Junkie XL (Tom Holkenborg).

Here's the clip of Snyder talking about this and playing a couple excerpts from the suite on his phone:

He also reiterates the he thinks the score will be "available on iTunes" with "like 4 hours of music"

Also appears that there may be more cues released beforehand, but he may have also just been referring to the single "The Crew at Warpower" release.

Maybe the movie will go to theaters in countries where HBO Max is still far away from its release. Here in my country HBO Max will start streaming here in June, so I believe they'll just wait for it. 

Problem is, from March to June people will have pirated this movie a lot. I still think a better solution would be releasing it via the local HBOs of each country. 

Typically when a score releases a single, it is what they think is the best piece of the score.

WW84 released Themyscira.

HP1 released Hedwig's Theme

Ep 1 released Duel of the Fates

So I think we could assume they think this is their best cue.

--

Also, as if through the magic of Smell-O-Vision, even just through the video I could feel that these guys creamed their pants.

4 hours ago, mxsch said:

Who needs this Junkie's junk? Even if it's not released yet, Elfman work already beat the shit out of it.

Holkenberg just released one cue, and it is already more memorable than the entire Elfman album. Now, is the new album going to be better as a whole, we shall see. 

3 hours ago, Mephariel said:

Holkenberg just released one cue, and it is already more memorable than the entire Elfman album. Now, is the new album going to be better as a whole, we shall see. 

I have no problem with memorability of Elfman score. Plus two full-length action tracks rocks

2 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Elfman's Justice League didn't beat the crap out of anything or anyone except all my hopes and dream. It is a big steaming pile of guano.

Don't worry, Junkie will find a way to top that!

Is this really more memorable than anything Elfman did on JL? Because based on only this track, if this is what is supposed to contain the main theme, it's about on par with Danny's barely used team theme. The impression I have so far is that it's basically leftovers from MoS/BvS. I'd be much more interested in that rock oriented sample that Zack played in an interview, since that at least has more personality than these specific set of films have.

My favorite bit in this interview, Junkie actually fucking lit up a cigarette. :D

But detailed interview -

Some tidbits  - new Batman theme, new Aquaman theme, Cyborg theme, Steppenwolf theme, JL theme and maybe some others. Flash does not get a theme, his introduction scenes use songs.

Other - the entire unedited score will be released, every single cue in the film will be released - entire 4 + hours.

Much of this is new material, not what he wrote in 2016/2017.

Cyborg theme has a 15 min suite that plays unhindered by dialog and Sound FX in a 15 min origin sequence.

JL theme finale sounds like national anthem at the end of the film.

2 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Other - the entire unedited score will be released, every single cue in the film will be released - entire 4 + hours.

Wow. That would be insane!!!

I would categorize "film score" as what is IN the film. Ancillary material not in the film but on albums wouldn't qualify. Tracked material might not qualify either.

But you are right, Shore probably comes close.

Junkie says he has upwards of 4 hours of music - IN the film.

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

I object to what Junkie creates being classified as music.

Noise might be more appropriate. 

That is not really true anymore. IMO, that was never true. But Mortal Engines for example, is more than just noise.

12 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I object to what Junkie creates being classified as music.

Noise might be more appropriate. 

I have to disagree on this.

Ok, Deadpool, Tomb Raider & large parts of Mad Max are just awful.

But his scores for Alita, Sonic & Scoob were good. It might not be everybody style, bu he uses an orchestra and wrote some truly great action and emotional material. All 3 had a theme that is recognizable after a listen or 2. For me he has really grown as a composer and in stead of dreading to see his name on a new project, I'm now quite looking forward so it.